by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
290975 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#315660 - 09/20/19 04:58 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
What I don't understand, my friend, is why you so adamantly refuse to investigate for yourself and are content with simply following talking head instructions.
Another completely erroneous claim by the great and mighty OZ. To follow the instructions of the talking heads, a snide reference to FOX News, I would have to watch them. I cannot and do not watch any cable news program because I don't have cable. But the great and mighty OZ just makes the mistaken assumption that because I'm a conservative I don't investigate anything and believe what I am told by the talking heads that I don't watch. Apparently the great and mighty OZ thinks that only FOX News has talking heads but MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, other cable news networks don't.

#315667 - 09/20/19 01:53 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Not buying ANY of your "I don't have cable" argument because (A) you've been a candidate for public office, so I know you get your media somewhere.
I am guessing the internet, which is so chock full of Fox News (B) that you don't NEED cable. Just go to Breitbart or Townhall, or a hundred other pubs.

Which I know you do, because you've linked to various right wing pubs that often DO feature a ton of FNC content.

Not to mention, Fox has the usual local Fox affiliate in the Twin Cities.
Now tell us you don't have a TV set.
Same response: THE INTERNET
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#315668 - 09/20/19 02:16 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Other than ad hominem snark, it appears quite thoroughly, ya got nothing, friend Hatrack. Regurgitated talking points, whatever their source, does not information or argument make. You have demonstrated no depth of knowledge on the subject. No need to respond, frankly. I could write the script for you.

#315673 - 09/20/19 03:36 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Other than ad hominem snark, it appears quite thoroughly, ya got nothing, friend Hatrack. Regurgitated talking points, whatever their source, does not information or argument make. You have demonstrated no depth of knowledge on the subject. No need to respond, frankly. I could write the script for you.
According to NW Ponderer I've got nothing because I don't agree with NW Ponderer. I quote one of the most respected legal minds in the country, Alan Dershowitz, but because he doesn't agree with NW Ponderer, he too is wrong. To reject and condemn the views of anyone who doesn't agree with you is not participating in a debate. It is the delusional belief that you right and everybody else is wrong. Then to say that because I don't agree with the NW Ponderer I have no depth of knowledge on the subject is BULLSHIT! NW Ponderer does not respect my right to have an opinion that is different from his. Since he does not respect my right to disagree with him, he has lost any respect I had for him.

#315674 - 09/20/19 03:58 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
aw shucks, Senator, you had none to begin with.

But regardless of who might be right or wrong, your party is self destructing before our very eyes. A veritable pit of corruption, deceit, and greed.

#315685 - 09/21/19 03:31 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
According to NW Ponderer I've got nothing because I don't agree with NW Ponderer. I quote one of the most respected legal minds in the country, Alan Dershowitz, but because he doesn't agree with NW Ponderer, he too is wrong. To reject and condemn the views of anyone who doesn't agree with you is not participating in a debate. It is the delusional belief that you right and everybody else is wrong. Then to say that because I don't agree with the NW Ponderer I have no depth of knowledge on the subject is BULLSHIT! NW Ponderer does not respect my right to have an opinion that is different from his. Since he does not respect my right to disagree with him, he has lost any respect I had for him.
Hatrack, my friend. I do not wish to prolong this useless digression, but seriously, that is one of the most hypocritical posts I have read in a very long time.

I have asked over a series of posts for you to provide some substance to your dismissal of evidence. Specifically, "You have demonstrated no depth of knowledge on the subject." That has not changed. Saying "Yes I do" does not provide evidence of any depth of knowledge - or frankly even passing knowledge. That is not an attack on YOU but the ARGUMENT.

Instead you have dismissed every shred of evidence, and every citation to such evidence, with a simple "partisan" moniker, refused to address the substance, and provided NOTHING in response. Then you have the temerity to say "To reject and condemn the views of anyone who doesn't agree with you is not participating in a debate." Seriously?! You have done nothing but that. Repeatedly, derisively, and without substance. Even the eventual reference to Alan Dershowitz only confirmed my previous assertion that you rely on "talking heads" rather than personal investigation and observation. I asked for your opinion about the detailed and non-partisan elements underlying the articles.

I have great respect for informed opinions, which implies the ability to address the substance with, among other things, citations and links that inform the discussion. You have not only failed to do so, you have been insulting and irascible in nearly every response, and intransigent in refusing to provide support. You're not playing well with others, and I tried to end that game, but you persist. That, again, is "trolling": "a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion[.]" As a poster, I don't have a lot of tolerance for that kind of argumentation.

#315686 - 09/21/19 03:52 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Quote:
... previous assertion that you rely on "talking heads" ...

It's revealing that Trump is currently relying heavily on "partisan" as a dismissal of arguments.

#315688 - 09/21/19 04:52 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Instead you have dismissed every shred of evidence, and every citation to such evidence, with a simple "partisan" moniker, refused to address the substance, and provided NOTHING in response. Then you have the temerity to say "To reject and condemn the views of anyone who doesn't agree with you is not participating in a debate." Seriously?! You have done nothing but that. Repeatedly, derisively, and without substance. Even the eventual reference to Alan Dershowitz only confirmed my previous assertion that you rely on "talking heads" rather than personal investigation and observation. I asked for your opinion about the detailed and non-partisan elements underlying the articles.
This is NOT dismissing something as partisan?

"Of course you would. He's a Fox commentator, a Trump acolyte, and used to be a rational person. I do thank you, though, for acknowledging you haven't read it. I have. Dershowitz has no credibility anymore. His argument is nonsensical."

Alan Dershowitz, who is one of the most respected legal scholars in the US and not a "talking head", says something you disagree with and he is wrong. Someone who is a "Trump acolyte" would not be asked to write the introduction to The Mueller Report. Alan Dershowitz wrote the introduction to the report because he is one if the most respected legal scholars in the country. That he did completely destroys your claim that he doesn't have any credibility. Your entire comment to reject what he has to say is blindly, unabashedly, and 100% partisan! If Alan Dershowitz is a "talking head" he is one for ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and other liberal media news networks. But all he has to do is be on FOX News and say that The Mueller Report does not show that Pres. Trump obstructed an investigation and he no longer has any credibility and his arguments are nonsensical. Can any comment be more partisan than that? No, that is extremely partisan. Apparently a partisan is someone who disagrees with you while person who agrees with you is credible and makes sensible arguments.

#315690 - 09/21/19 06:11 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
I think torturing logic should be illegal.

#315727 - 09/22/19 04:00 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This is getting tedious (and tendentious), S. Hatrack. You are wrong. You are not even close to the mark, and you STILL have provided NO SUBSTANCE. If you will follow your own quote without running it through your uber-partisan blender, you could see the error of your comment. [Mind you, I have no expectation of that happening.] Specifically, I said, "His argument is nonsensical." NOTE: THIS DEMONSTRATES I READ IT, and rejected the SUBSTANCE of his comment. Instead, you ignore the meat and go for the sizzle.

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
This is NOT dismissing something as partisan?

"Of course you would. He's a Fox commentator, a Trump acolyte, and used to be a rational person. I do thank you, though, for acknowledging you haven't read it. I have. Dershowitz has no credibility anymore. His argument is nonsensical."

Again, this is trolling 101. It has nothing to do with the thread, is calculated to take the thread off post and adds NOTHING to the conversation.

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2