by jgw
Today at 04:52 PM
What's the Democratic Party doing?
by jgw
Today at 04:51 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
Today at 12:31 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
covid-19 cure
by jgw
Yesterday at 06:53 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:38 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by jgw
07/09/20 07:30 PM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
07/08/20 11:07 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16961 Topics
301132 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#315732 - 09/22/19 04:47 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Alan Dershowitz, who is one of the most respected legal scholars in the US

Yes, yes, defending Jeffery Epstein and being accused of rape is what he's most recently known for.

That gets you LOTS of respect in the Republican Party. Maybe a little less so among Democrats.

#315734 - 09/22/19 05:04 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
This is getting tedious (and tendentious), S. Hatrack. You are wrong. You are not even close to the mark, and you STILL have provided NO SUBSTANCE. If you will follow your own quote without running it through your uber-partisan blender, you could see the error of your comment. [Mind you, I have no expectation of that happening.] Specifically, I said, "His argument is nonsensical." NOTE: THIS DEMONSTRATES I READ IT, and rejected the SUBSTANCE of his comment. Instead, you ignore the meat and go for the sizzle.

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Instead you have dismissed every shred of evidence, and every citation to such evidence, with a simple "partisan" moniker, refused to address the substance, and provided NOTHING in response. Then you have the temerity to say "To reject and condemn the views of anyone who doesn't agree with you is not participating in a debate." Seriously?! You have done nothing but that. Repeatedly, derisively, and without substance. Even the eventual reference to Alan Dershowitz only confirmed my previous assertion that you rely on "talking heads" rather than personal investigation and observation. I asked for your opinion about the detailed and non-partisan elements underlying the articles.
This is NOT dismissing something as partisan?

"Of course you would. He's a Fox commentator, a Trump acolyte, and used to be a rational person. I do thank you, though, for acknowledging you haven't read it. I have. Dershowitz has no credibility anymore. His argument is nonsensical."

Again, this is trolling 101. It has nothing to do with the thread, is calculated to take the thread off post and adds NOTHING to the conversation.

If Alan Dershowitz's arguments do not make any sense, as you so partisanly claim, why would he be asked to write the introduction to The Mueller Report? Here is the part of my reply that you ignored. Why did you ignore it NW? Because it proves you are ultra partisan one here not me. In your ultra partisan mind anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Alan Dershowitz, who is one of the most respected legal scholars in the US and not a "talking head", says something you disagree with and he is wrong. Someone who is a "Trump acolyte" would not be asked to write the introduction to The Mueller Report. Alan Dershowitz wrote the introduction to the report because he is one if the most respected legal scholars in the country. That he did completely destroys your claim that he doesn't have any credibility. Your entire comment to reject what he has to say is blindly, unabashedly, and 100% partisan! If Alan Dershowitz is a "talking head" he is one for ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and other liberal media news networks. But all he has to do is be on FOX News and say that The Mueller Report does not show that Pres. Trump obstructed an investigation and he no longer has any credibility and his arguments are nonsensical. Can any comment be more partisan than that? No, that is extremely partisan. Apparently a partisan is someone who disagrees with you while person who agrees with you is credible and makes sensible arguments.

#315752 - 09/22/19 11:52 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Because it isn't true. I was trying to save you the embarrassment of correcting you in public yet again. DERSHOWITZ wrote A BOOK and cribbed the contents from Mueller. It's not the "official report", it's a friggin make-a-buck project. The Irony of Mueller-Report Profiteering (Atlantic, subscription); The Mueller Report Is Free To Read, But It's Also A Bestseller (npr). There are at least a dozen such books (I have the WaPo version) - kind of a choose-your-own-adventure thing. If you'd actually read it, you would know that.
Quote:
The top spot is occupied by a version published by Skyhorse Publishing, which includes an introduction by Alan Dershowitz, a lawyer and Trump supporter who has been critical of the Mueller investigation.

#315753 - 09/23/19 12:25 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
a lawyer and Trump supporter who has been critical of the Mueller investigation.

A partisan.

#315784 - 09/24/19 04:33 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
Because it isn't true.

crickets........

#315786 - 09/24/19 06:29 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
Alan Dershowitz, who is one of the most respected legal scholars in the US

Alan Dershowitz is not a respected legal scholar or great mind. He is a barely sentient nudist who goes on TV and licks Donald Trump's ass. That's it. Hmm

Yes Trump is Republican and Dershowitz is a Democrat - but their bond is Jeffrey Epstein. crazy

The media needs to stop...booking...Dershowitz.

#315878 - 09/25/19 10:09 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Senator Hatrack Offline

That all of the liberals here have thrown Alan Dershowitz "under the bus" is an excellent example of the diversity of opinion that is not allowed by liberals. All someone has to do to be trashed and become a former liberal is to support a Republican. Had Dershowitz called for Trump to be impeached he would be the greatest legal mind in the country as he once was when he agreed with the official point of view.

#315888 - 09/26/19 12:24 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

I'll happily throw anybody under the bus who supports Trump, then drive behind the bus just to "make sure".

Nothing personal, it's purely a political thing.

You should be pleased that Donald Trump's chance of re-election has grown dramatically since we last talked. That should ease your mind about any bi-partisan corruption occurring. Nothing bi-partisan is going to come out of this administration. Unless he can figure out a way to make us own ourselves...like forcing an impeachment. That could do it...Once more Democrats seize defeat from the jaws of victory!

Quote:
an excellent example of the diversity of opinion that is not allowed by liberals.

Nosir, we embrace diversity in a lot of things but if your opinions are not liberal then no, we aren't that diverse or that stupid, we are liberals, we believe that everyone has the same rights and privileges under the law.
It's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand.

#315890 - 09/26/19 12:55 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Nosir, we embrace diversity in a lot of things but if your opinions are not liberal then no, we aren't that diverse or that stupid, we are liberals, we believe that everyone has the same rights and privileges under the law.
It's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand.

Who decides what is the liberal point of view? The unanimity of the condemnation of Dershowitz do not show any diversity.

I don't understand freedom? I'm defending a liberal's right to disagree with the official liberal opinion and the liberals here are throwing him under the bus. Greger, your understanding of freedom is equal to your understanding of the Republican Party, which is zip, zero, nada, and not at all!

#315892 - 09/26/19 01:12 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
And you are kind of embarrassing...

Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2