by perotista
0 seconds ago
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by jgw
Yesterday at 08:41 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 03:43 AM
What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems?
by pondering_it_all
08/05/20 12:13 AM
Normal Stuff
by pondering_it_all
08/03/20 10:07 PM
A possible solution to rental problems.
by Irked
08/01/20 12:21 AM
Ongoing Slavery
by jgw
07/31/20 05:06 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/29/20 01:33 AM
Seattle had a Riot!
by jgw
07/28/20 06:17 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
07/25/20 08:08 PM
Collections
by Greger
07/24/20 11:08 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pondering_it_all
07/24/20 09:35 PM
Deranged Trump supporter suspected in murdering son of judge
by Greger
07/24/20 05:54 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by logtroll
07/24/20 12:07 PM
Chad Wolf
by pdx rick
07/24/20 03:54 AM
why cities won't be able to stop Trump's secret police
by jgw
07/23/20 07:06 PM
Fox News anchor shared fabricated tweet in attempt to smear AOC
by rporter314
07/22/20 03:11 AM
We have now reached peak Libertarianism - and it is literally killing us
by jgw
07/21/20 07:07 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16977 Topics
301756 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#315516 - 09/17/19 05:11 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
But your using a bunch of partisan sources of allegations is a reason to believe Pres. Trump should be impeached?
That you insist on vociferously ignoring any evidence whatever that does not gibe with your preconceived conclusions is more indicative of YOUR blind partisanship than mine. You didn't even bother to look at a single source, did you? (Hardly partisan sources at all.) You make assumptions and assertions based upon your predilections. To quote a friend of mine (even though it crosses the line of propriety): "What a crock of s***!" (I get the impression I struck a nerve.)

To repeat my previous points:
Quote:
When evidence is marshalled in opposition to your points, the most common responses are: 1) no response, 2) spurious personal allegations of arrogance, or partisanship, 3) gish-gallop posts with further unsubstantiated assertions of "fact", and/or 4) tangential distractions and deflections. It is very, very frustrating.

#315524 - 09/17/19 05:55 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
But your using a bunch of partisan sources of allegations is a reason to believe Pres. Trump should be impeached?
That you insist on vociferously ignoring any evidence whatever that does not gibe with your preconceived conclusions is more indicative of YOUR blind partisanship than mine. You didn't even bother to look at a single source, did you? (Hardly partisan sources at all.) You make assumptions and assertions based upon your predilections. To quote a friend of mine (even though it crosses the line of propriety): "What a crock of s***!" (I get the impression I struck a nerve.)

To repeat my previous points:
Quote:
When evidence is marshalled in opposition to your points, the most common responses are: 1) no response, 2) spurious personal allegations of arrogance, or partisanship, 3) gish-gallop posts with further unsubstantiated assertions of "fact", and/or 4) tangential distractions and deflections. It is very, very frustrating.

I looked at all of them
1) CREW has not done any investigations into possible violations of the law by Hillary Clinton since November 2016. The lack of investigations into Mrs. Clinton's actions is proof of the sites partisanship.
2) APNEWS "Page not found"
3) The Constitutional Accountability Center works with CREW.
4) NJ. COM is an opinion piece
4a) The Washington Post isn't partisan? The Politico story says that it is.
5) As the Politico article says "the harsh glare of an invigorated Washington press corps" makes it difficult to fill those positions. Add to the harsh glare that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was so harassed, because she was Trump's Press Secretary, while eating in a restaurant that she had to leave is not something people want to subject themselves to.
6) An NBC story from before The Mueller Report was made public is not telling the full story.
(Hardly partisan sources at all.)
If this is your idea of non-partisan sources I'd hate see what you think is a partisan source. You wouldn't know a non-partisan source if it kicked you. I will admit that I am partisan, why can't you? You can't because your sources support your partisan views. What struck a nerve is that you can't see how biased you are. You hide your bias behind a veneer of intellectualism.

#315527 - 09/17/19 06:23 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
You hide your bias behind a veneer of intellectualism.

Senator, I assure you the intellect is real. And it's never a good idea to argue about the law with a lawyer unless you're also a lawyer.

That high horse is a thoroughbred and he knows how to ride it well.

yer own seems a mite skittish at times. I had a horse like that once, he settled down after I had him gelded.

#315538 - 09/17/19 06:54 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Greger]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
You hide your bias behind a veneer of intellectualism.

Senator, I assure you the intellect is real. And it's never a good idea to argue about the law with a lawyer unless you're also a lawyer.

That high horse is a thoroughbred and he knows how to ride it well.

yer own seems a mite skittish at times. I had a horse like that once, he settled down after I had him gelded.

You do remember this joke about lawyers? "How do you know when lawyers are lying? Their lips are moving."

#315540 - 09/17/19 07:00 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Friend Hatrack, your response contains not an iota of relevance. You assail the bona fides of the sources without providing any response to the contents thereof. I see no merit in reading further anything offered by you on the topic in the absence of substance. Enough.

#315541 - 09/17/19 07:01 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California

You do remember this joke about lawyers? "How do you know when lawyers are lying? Their lips are moving."

Most of the founding fathers were lawyers.
Among the 55 framers of the Constitution, 32 were lawyers.
Now apply your bon mot to them.

#315542 - 09/17/19 07:04 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"the harsh glare of an invigorated Washington press corps" makes it difficult to fill those positions.

In an administration like Trump's?
Not the least bit surprised, and your attempt to blame the press and, of course, the godless America hating Marxists is lame in the extreme.
The press is allergic to bullsh!t, so when the odor of bullsh!t erupts on a level approaching Krakatoa, naturally they are "invigorated".

What else does anyone THINK "invigorates" a press corps?

#315544 - 09/17/19 07:08 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: perotista]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: perotista
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: perotista
The only way I can think of is to get money out of politics which isn't going to happen. Besides since money is speech, it would be against the 1st amendment.

Citizens United was the most asinine SCOTUS so far this century. Hmm

Until the 2016 presidential election where Hillary raised and spent 1.191 billion to Trump's 646.8 million every presidential candidate who raised and spent the most won since 1964. In 1964 . Outside of 2016, 1964 where Goldwater outspent LBJ 16 million to 9 million.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-presidential-campaign-fundraising/

The most money raised and spent by a presidential candidate.
2016 Hillary Clinton 1.191 billion
2008 Obama 760.4 million
2012 Obama 737.1 million
2012 Romney 483.1 million
2004 G.W. Bush 355.0 million
2004 Kerry 332.7 million
2008 McCain 239.7 million

Money usually talks big. But not in 2016 or 1964.

You cited two instances where money did not get the job done.
And rulings like Citizens United CAN be overturned, or reversed.
Money is speech, when a HUMAN BEING, a flesh and blood human being, spends it.
These recent SCOTUS rulings have invented a brand new species of "person", one which, instead of being made of muscle, bone, flesh and blood, is made of concrete, steel, glass, lawyers and unlimited funds.
This is an immortal species of person, too.

Corporations are people, yes.
But a corporation is NOT "a person". The difference is huge, and unsustainable, except at the cost of our democracy.

#315545 - 09/17/19 07:17 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Friend Hatrack, your response contains not an iota of relevance. You assail the bona fides of the sources without providing any response to the contents thereof. I see no merit in reading further anything offered by you on the topic in the absence of substance. Enough.

I responded to the contents of each one of them. My reply lacks substance because I didn't agree with your sources. So if you want to run away from the discussion because I don't agree with you and prove you wrong I can't stop you. You will of course deny that you wrong because your ego can't admit that you make mistakes.

#315546 - 09/17/19 07:31 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I responded to the contents of each one of them. My reply lacks substance because I didn't agree with your sources. So if you want to run away from the discussion because I don't agree with you and prove you wrong I can't stop you. You will of course deny that you wrong because your ego can't admit that you make mistakes.
No, you didn't. I cannot adequately respond to the quality of your posts or integrity without running afoul of the rules of the forum. You most assuredly DID NOT respond to the substance, you merely complained about the sources. I used those sources because they encapsulate the arguments succinctly without having to burden the thread and feebler brains with the details of them. If you had bothered to look at the contents of any of the posts, a) you could not have responded so quickly, and b) you could have addressed the substance. That you continuously fail to do so, again, says everything about your integrity and acumen, and nothing about what I posted. I am not "running away", I am throwing up quietly in the corner and laughing up my sleeve. It is wearying to match wits with an unarmed man. It makes me feel like a bully. When you have a comment of substance, as I said, I will welcome you back with open arms. Until then. Stop. Being. A. Troll*.

* "a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain." Wikipedia

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2