by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
290975 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#315839 - 09/25/19 12:06 PM Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Quinnipiac National Primary poll:
Warren 27%
Biden 25%
Sanders 16%
Buttigieg 7%
Harris 3%

Quote:
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is essentially tied with former Vice President Joe Biden in today's Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll. Warren gets 27 percent of the vote while Biden gets 25 percent of Democratic voters and independent voters who lean Democratic. Though well within the margin of error, this is the first time that a candidate other than Biden has had the numerical lead in the primary since Quinnipiac began asking the question in March.

This is the SECOND poll in which Warren has edged out Joe Biden.
Last week, in a Des Moines Register/CNN poll, Liz Warren broke out with 22% support, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%.

Why Elizabeth Warren is a bigger front runner than you think (filed 9/23/2019)

The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#315840 - 09/25/19 12:40 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
perotista Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Quinnipiac National Primary poll:
Warren 27%
Biden 25%
Sanders 16%
Buttigieg 7%
Harris 3%

Quote:
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren is essentially tied with former Vice President Joe Biden in today's Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll. Warren gets 27 percent of the vote while Biden gets 25 percent of Democratic voters and independent voters who lean Democratic. Though well within the margin of error, this is the first time that a candidate other than Biden has had the numerical lead in the primary since Quinnipiac began asking the question in March.

This is the SECOND poll in which Warren has edged out Joe Biden.
Last week, in a Des Moines Register/CNN poll, Liz Warren broke out with 22% support, followed by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%.

Why Elizabeth Warren is a bigger front runner than you think (filed 9/23/2019)

I've said all along that Biden wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. An old, white, male, moderate, someone willing and able to work across the aisle isn't someone the Democrats want. I've also thought all along the DNC, the media want Warren and not Biden. Although Biden hasn't helped himself as of late with signs of old age senility.

Other recent polls, Emerson Biden 25, Warren 23. Politico/Morning Consult Biden 32 Warren 20. The Hill/HarrisX Biden 31, Warren 14.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

This is why I think going by RCP averages is the best way to look at these things. Big difference in the polls when taken individually.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...ation-6730.html
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#315841 - 09/25/19 12:55 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: perotista]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
From 30,000 feet I think what we are seeing is that Biden's position, which began with far greater name recognition and an executive office pedigree, is eroding because he actually does not have a solid and substantive policy foundation and is not presenting himself very well.

Warren's steady rise, on the other hand, is reflective of policy substance and a strong personal representation. Her "I have a plan for that" pitch has some significant appeal after years of increasing chaos in government. I suspect that the details of her plans carry less weight than a convincing case that they exist.

#315842 - 09/25/19 12:56 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline

I wonder who’s picking up the phone and talking to pollsters?

#315843 - 09/25/19 01:16 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: perotista]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: perotista
I've said all along that Biden wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. An old, white, male, moderate, someone willing and able to work across the aisle isn't someone the Democrats want.

Why are you so convinced that Liz Warren is not "someone willing and able to work across the aisle"?

Of course, given the tenor of partisan politics today, the question as to what that even really is deserves to be questioned and looked at afresh.
What is "moderate" in today's Republican Party? Give me an example of a true Republican moderate Senator or Representative and then please tell me why you're convinced Liz Warren wouldn't work with that person.

Because I think that, as a former Republican, if anything, Liz understands precisely how to reach across the aisle.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#315844 - 09/25/19 01:18 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline

Side note: ever notice after Sanders makes a big policy proposal, within 24 hours the MM smothers the news cycle with some big positive news about another preferred candidate? No?
Doesn’t have the same hallmarks of the 2016 primary?
Maybe it’s just me but I’ll just put it out there for future reference.
It may just be coincidence of timing with Sanders aggressive strong policy proposal for a wealth tax announced yesterday. This couldn’t be the same running play of 2016.

#315845 - 09/25/19 01:23 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline

The Democratic Party are the moderate Republicans of previous decades. They draw support from constituents that were historically republican. Why would you want to work with ethnofascists? How’d that work out in Weimar Germany?

Edited by chunkstyle (09/25/19 01:56 PM)

#315847 - 09/25/19 02:15 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: chunkstyle]
perotista Offline
stranger

I for one get polled 2-3 times a week from You/Gov. Most polls aren't political, they about various companies, TV shows and much more mundane things. I only get a poll involving politics, for example what do I think of Trump, once a month on average.

I have also received a couple of phone calls from Gallup. No one else as of yet.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#315848 - 09/25/19 02:25 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
perotista Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted By: perotista
I've said all along that Biden wouldn't be the Democratic nominee. An old, white, male, moderate, someone willing and able to work across the aisle isn't someone the Democrats want.

Why are you so convinced that Liz Warren is not "someone willing and able to work across the aisle"?

Of course, given the tenor of partisan politics today, the question as to what that even really is deserves to be questioned and looked at afresh.
What is "moderate" in today's Republican Party? Give me an example of a true Republican moderate Senator or Representative and then please tell me why you're convinced Liz Warren wouldn't work with that person.

Because I think that, as a former Republican, if anything, Liz understands precisely how to reach across the aisle.

I agree it is almost impossible for anyone to work with the opposite party today. Republicans automatically oppose anything the democrats propose, Democrats automatically oppose anything the Republicans propose. At least for the most part. Chalk that up to the era of polarization and ulta, high partisanship.

I don't like the word moderate. Perhaps center, center left and center right would be more appropriate. Warren and Sanders comes across being extremely left to me. Too far for me to vote for. Biden center left which is fine with me. I rate Obama as center left.

Cruz was extreme right in my opinion or rating scale. 2016, my first candidate I supported was Jim Webb, when he didn't campaign, probably knowing the fix was in for Hillary. I switched to Kasich. When it became apparent that Trump and Clinton would be the nominees, I went with Gary Johnson, the former governor or New Mexico. The vote for Johnson was actually a vote against both Clinton and Trump.

Actually I support some things the Democrats do, oppose others. Same for the Republicans, support some and oppose others. It all depends on the issue, legislation, policy or proposal. My feet aren't sank in concrete with either party.

To be honest, Trump has done something I like, some I opposed. A lot irrelevant as I wasn't interested in that issue or policy. Same as any other president in my life time. The fact that Trump is an obnoxious idiot has determined I'd never vote for him.

These are my views.

Edited by perotista (09/25/19 02:28 PM)

#315849 - 09/25/19 02:43 PM Re: Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

IMHO, everyone should get used to saying "President Warren." The irony is that Warren is only three years younger than Trump and six younger than Biden, but she sure doesn't act it! I think that voters are, and will be, attached to her energy, articulateness, seriousness and wonkiness. We've had the opposite for so long (it seems like forever) that it is quite refreshing. It's also ironic that y'all view a serious capitalist as "far left". She's really a lot closer to Obama, policy-wise. Can she get everything she has a plan for? Not a chance. But, I sure as hell would enjoy that ride and we, nationally, politically, and socially, need the serious shove to the left she'd supply.

Read some of her plans, friends Perotista and Chunkstyle. You might actually like where they go.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2