by Senator Hatrack
48 minutes 25 seconds ago
RoundTable for Fall 2019
by pdx rick
59 minutes 15 seconds ago
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by pdx rick
10/12/19 06:38 PM
The Departed - 2019
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/12/19 04:51 AM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Are both "sides" equally corrupt?
by chunkstyle
10/10/19 07:21 PM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
What is "old"?
by Ujest Shurly
10/10/19 01:42 PM
Hyper-partisanship and irrationality
by NW Ponderer
10/10/19 04:10 AM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
NRA acted as "foreign asset" for Russia ahead of 2016 election, Senate report cl
by Greger
10/07/19 02:19 AM
Roe v. Wade Is Under Immediate Threat
by jgw
10/06/19 08:05 PM
Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren
by perotista
10/03/19 02:46 PM
Fixing Social Security
by jgw
10/02/19 07:58 PM
Here we go again!
by jgw
10/02/19 07:48 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16710 Topics
290672 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#316117 - 09/30/19 12:12 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: rporter314]
chunkstyle Offline

Could it be that both parties are playing in the sandbox and it’s pointless to get all brand loyal?
Sheeesh, occasionally I have to read an article from ‘The Atlantic ‘ and admit it didn’t completely suck. This one on the unfolding Ukraine corruption farce is one of em:

“How did dealing in influence to burnish the fortunes of repugnant world leaders for large payoffs become a business model? How could America’s leading lights convince themselves—and us—that this is acceptable?

Voicing this question now invites an immediate objection: “false equivalence.”

Full article from The Atlantic

It’s really quite stunning to see how much corruption libs can find in another party but find ways to rationalize it in their own.

#316119 - 09/30/19 03:28 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
Could it be that both parties are playing in the sandbox and it’s pointless to get all brand loyal?
Sheeesh, occasionally I have to read an article from ‘The Atlantic ‘ and admit it didn’t completely suck. This one on the unfolding Ukraine corruption farce is one of em:

“How did dealing in influence to burnish the fortunes of repugnant world leaders for large payoffs become a business model? How could America’s leading lights convince themselves—and us—that this is acceptable?

Voicing this question now invites an immediate objection: “false equivalence.”

Full article from The Atlantic

It’s really quite stunning to see how much corruption libs can find in another party but find ways to rationalize it in their own.

We're all sure that it is the case to some extent in some areas and with some people, Chunk. We're all grownups so none of us are harboring silly delusions of that nature.
It happens to a greater extent in some areas and with some people, and to a lesser extent in other areas or with other people.

Were YOU harboring a silly delusion that there's some alternative out there which is perfect? I sure hope not.

It's mighty frustrating when one invests a great deal of energy into killing monsters only to find out that there's even more of them in the new group you chose to affiliate with when you decided to start killing monsters in the first place.

If it shakes out that some Democrats have been diddling around where they aren't supposed to be diddling around then so be it.

That still doesn't pan out well enough to formulate a justification to leave the current people in power. Surely you must agree that we've already landed a whopper, and that it's now turning into a scene from "Jaws" where the sea creature is threatening to tear the boat apart.
Here's a visual aid:
TRUMP EATS BOAT!

We're going to need a BIGGER BOAT.
We need to get this creature OFF the boat we're on now or we won't even HAVE a boat at all.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#316124 - 09/30/19 04:17 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline

No Jeff. Watching the pure greed and corruption of the coke and pepsi parties' candidates on display is rare and we seem to have gotten here by stupidity and incompetence.

It's going to be made into 'the most important, terrible breach of our democracy and something must be done hyperventilating till next November.

It's a frat house feud that's as stupid as it is funny to me and isn't politics.

Thanks for the reality check.

#316126 - 09/30/19 05:19 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

No Jeff. Watching the pure greed and corruption of the coke and pepsi parties' candidates on display is rare and we seem to have gotten here by stupidity and incompetence.

It's going to be made into 'the most important, terrible breach of our democracy and something must be done hyperventilating till next November.

It's a frat house feud that's as stupid as it is funny to me and isn't politics.

Thanks for the reality check.

You've asked (several times if I remember correctly) what the effect has been on me personally. Actually, not just you...I have gotten that more times than I can count.
I've laid out the specifics on that...here on the Rant and elsewhere.
I've also come to the conclusion that you are relatively lucky, in that you're not yet feeling the direct effects the way our family does.

I don't begrudge you that. I only remind you how lucky you are, to be able to afford that luxury.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#316127 - 09/30/19 06:15 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: logtroll]
chunkstyle Offline

Huh?!
I’m not asking about your persona impact story.
As far as I can tell most everyone I know has been impacted by what passes for politics over the last 40 years.
Myself included.
Just amused by what’s happening currently and how each brand is trying to market it and who’s buying it.
Will impeachmeant proceedings help you and yours?

#316128 - 09/30/19 06:20 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Huh?!
I’m not asking about your persona impact story.
As far as I can tell most everyone I know has been impacted by what passes for politics over the last 40 years.
Myself included.
Just amused by what’s happening currently and how each brand is trying to market it and who’s buying it.
Will impeachmeant proceedings help you and yours?

How would I be able to answer a question like that without a crystal ball? I do know this however...getting rid of Trump, by any means, will make an enormous difference, not only in my life, but also for my wife, daughter and son.
Especially our son, as it is likely he would not lose his medical coverage the way he's about to now.

You're not asking for my personal impact story.
I have given it to you anyway.
If you don't think that matters, then I don't understand why you think any of this matters, because politics is personal, it always is.
How can it not be?
It does not exist in some vacuum.

#316132 - 09/30/19 08:36 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: logtroll]
chunkstyle Offline

Your not the only one struggling Jeff.

That's what makes the disingenuous of the democrats so much worse, IMO, than Republicans. I know the Republicans want to screw people for profits. The Democrats let people twist in the wind for profits.

They feel your pain but take money from those who are working against your interest.

They keep their kids in fat city by trading access for favors.

It's currently on display with this Ukraine boondoggle but you think once the impeachment is over the Democratic party is going to help you and yours?

I'll enjoy the spectacle of the bipartison grift we have now with both political parties. (they actually wanted Pelosi's office to send back their talking points Email! :D)

#316133 - 09/30/19 09:11 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Your not the only one struggling Jeff.

I wasn't even talking about money specifically.
When you are declared uninsurable, it means that you cannot purchase coverage at all, for a condition.

Money can't help you anymore.
I don't blame you for lack of self-awareness, because it's not like everyone has the same frame of reference. You have your frame of reference thus your views reflect and service your frame of reference.
It would appear however, that you have difficulty accepting the possibility that others might have a different frame of reference that can't be casually batted away with glib comments about money.

#316136 - 09/30/19 09:18 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: logtroll]
chunkstyle Offline

Two thoughts:

You know not what you talk of when it comes to health and insurance and my situation. I do not care to share whereas you don't mind. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. You couldn't be more wrong. Nuff said.

Figure out who's got your interest. Democrats might but they sure don't have mine. They also, generally speaking, seem to be just as grifty as Republicans when it comes to big mo.

Now what's the problem with pointing out the greed and stupidity of both exactly?

#316137 - 09/30/19 09:51 PM Re: The biggest story that isn’t being told [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Two thoughts:

You know not what you talk of when it comes to health and insurance and my situation. I do not care to share whereas you don't mind. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. You couldn't be more wrong. Nuff said.

Figure out who's got your interest. Democrats might but they sure don't have mine. They also, generally speaking, seem to be just as grifty as Republicans when it comes to big mo.

Now what's the problem with pointing out the greed and stupidity of both exactly?

I never said there was a problem with that at all.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2