by Senator Hatrack
04:13 PM
RoundTable for Fall 2019
by pdx rick
04:02 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by pdx rick
10/12/19 06:38 PM
The Departed - 2019
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/12/19 04:51 AM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Are both "sides" equally corrupt?
by chunkstyle
10/10/19 07:21 PM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
What is "old"?
by Ujest Shurly
10/10/19 01:42 PM
Hyper-partisanship and irrationality
by NW Ponderer
10/10/19 04:10 AM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
NRA acted as "foreign asset" for Russia ahead of 2016 election, Senate report cl
by Greger
10/07/19 02:19 AM
Roe v. Wade Is Under Immediate Threat
by jgw
10/06/19 08:05 PM
Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren
by perotista
10/03/19 02:46 PM
Fixing Social Security
by jgw
10/02/19 07:58 PM
Here we go again!
by jgw
10/02/19 07:48 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16710 Topics
290675 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#316453 - 10/09/19 03:34 AM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Online   happy

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Originally Posted By: rporter314
I think that is a re-statement of something I said .... when people and local government can not find a solution the federal government tries (when of course they are allowed by ... you know ... that piece of paper Mr Trump burned)

If you are talking about our Constitution what FDR did to it was far worse than anything Trump has been accused of.
just when I think there is a chance of rational, non-partisan discussion... As Ronald Reagan put it, "there you go again..."

You couldn't have a rational non-partisan discussion if your life depended on it! Has Pres. Trump put over 70,000 American citizens in concentration (internment) camps because of their nationality? No, he has not! Pres. Roosevelt did! FDR put over 70,000 American citizens of Japanese descent in concentration camps. When FDR did that he completely ignored the IV, V, and VI Amendments to our Constitution. If you were to think you would not make such obnoxious, arrogant, and idiotic comments as you just did. The incarceration of over 70,000 American citizens was the most egregious violation of our Constitution that FDR committed. There are many more that he did that Trump has not even come close to. So stick your partisan comments where the sun doesn't shine. Oh, I forgot a rational non-partisan comment is one that either supports what NW Ponderer says or one he agrees with.

#316458 - 10/09/19 12:36 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: Senator Hatrack]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
That rant seemed a bit irrational, didnít it?

#316459 - 10/09/19 12:38 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

<sigh>
My friend, I make a small request: Go back through the thread and find the first instances of derision. They are in your posts. That is what I was hoping to avoid. You dismiss counter views as if they are based on ignorance, rather than disagreement, and immediately go for conflict. I was pointing to an historical record that conflicts with your hypothesis. I even agreed with some of your points. Did you respond to that? No. Immediately you went into hyperpartisan mode and attacked. I'm not the problem here.

#316460 - 10/09/19 01:28 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: Senator Hatrack]
chunkstyle Online   content

Wait...what?!

You can't tell the difference between 1941 and now?
Neither concentration camps were/are good but rilly? Snatching kids from moms and Dads on the border for political points with fat necked golfing bigots and kick backs from human caging companies is milder and less offensive compared to the freakout going on during WW?

I can never tell if your selling yourself, others or both.

#316474 - 10/09/19 05:13 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]

<sigh>
My friend, I make a small request: Go back through the thread and find the first instances of derision. They are in your posts. That is what I was hoping to avoid. You dismiss counter views as if they are based on ignorance, rather than disagreement, and immediately go for conflict. I was pointing to an historical record that conflicts with your hypothesis. I even agreed with some of your points. Did you respond to that? No. Immediately you went into hyperpartisan mode and attacked. I'm not the problem here.
Is that why Greger and I have become real friends? Yes, my making fun of myself is an instance of derision. Speaking of derision you should look in the mirror, NW.
Would that you followed your own advice my friend. Your "view" of history is belied by a little thing called "the Civil War", an event you probably read a little about in school. It was a conflict between those that thought the United States had a strong central government and those that thought States should remain independent. You remember who won that dispute, right? There were a few amendments to the Constitution that resulted that significantly changed that balance of authority, and it happened way before Wilson.
Your comment derisively implies that I know very little about the Civil War. You dismissed my view based on what you believe is my ignorance. Which is a form of ignorance in and of itself. It is because you do not know what my educational background is. In most of your comments you deride those who disagree with you in your arrogant belief that you know more than they do. With every sentence in that comment you deride my knowledge of American history. You didn't disagree with me you questioned my knowledge. As with your repeated claim that I did not read The Mueller Report you cannot accept the fact that those who disagree with you are right and you are wrong. You are the problem here.

#316477 - 10/09/19 05:32 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

PUT the shovel down! You just keep digging, and the hole is too deep to climb out of already. I was RESPONDING to YOUR partisan and derisive attack on Rick. I know you avoid mirrors like the plague, but get real. You just keep proving the point of my thread, so I am grateful for that, but you can stop anytime you want. I have no control over emotional outbursts that aren't mine.

#316480 - 10/09/19 05:51 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Why do you ignore the facts??

Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214 (1944)

Originally Posted By: June 26, 2018 Time
Both liberal and conservative justices have criticized the Korematsu decision in the past, but it was never formally overturned.

until

Originally Posted By: June 26, 2018 Time
Writing for the majority, Chief Justice John Roberts argued that the case was not relevant to the travel ban, but went ahead and wrote that it is now overturned.

Quote:
[Mr] Trump has not [committed unConstitutional acts][

Do you want a list of ALL the laws which have been deemed unConstitutional by the SC? It is a long list. Pres Obama is not on that list, but Pres' Lincoln, Bush and Reagan are.

So your criteria is only unConstitutional acts are in consideration. So Mr Trump can break all manner of law and you are ok with that. Mr Trump can operate a criminal conspiracy in public view from the WH and you are OK with that? And to think you are the guy crying the loudest about corruption, but what you really meant is you are crying about the other guys corruption.

Nothing like partisan hypocrisy

{best Hannity voice} <--> Geeeeeez

#316482 - 10/09/19 06:17 PM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]

PUT the shovel down! You just keep digging, and the hole is too deep to climb out of already. I was RESPONDING to YOUR partisan and derisive attack on Rick. I know you avoid mirrors like the plague, but get real. You just keep proving the point of my thread, so I am grateful for that, but you can stop anytime you want. I have no control over emotional outbursts that aren't mine.
Rick can defend himself. He does not need you to defend him. My telling Rick to learn about American history is not derisive and partisan when he said he didn't know a fact I had mentioned. That you take one of my comments out of context and ignore the rest of them shows who is the partisan one here and it ain't me!

#316507 - 10/10/19 04:10 AM Re: Hyper-partisanship and irrationality [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I'm rubber, you're glue!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2