by perotista
Today at 12:46 PM
What do words mean?
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 06:05 AM
And we're off and running!
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by perotista
11/16/19 02:25 AM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/15/19 03:43 AM
Apparently Trump wants to buy the UK National Health Service
by pondering_it_all
11/15/19 01:33 AM
Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank
by jgw
11/14/19 09:23 PM
Yet another Trump scam
by pdx rick
11/09/19 06:46 PM
Why don't the Dems fight back?
by jgw
11/08/19 09:54 PM
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:03 AM
Ohio GOP charged with distributing phony sample ballots in election fraud
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:00 AM
US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years
by jgw
11/05/19 08:22 PM
Republicans are publicly spreading the name of purported Ukraine whistle-blower
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:48 AM
Often more accurate than polls
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:29 AM
Public option vs Medicare for All
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
292001 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 14 of 41 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#316637 - 10/13/19 01:27 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: logtroll]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

You're correct perotista, I misread your poll. I knew the independent figure was 45% because I just saw it on PBS News Hour last night.

smile

#316638 - 10/13/19 01:56 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: logtroll]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   happy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Matt Drudge, conservative media icon for decades, sours on Trump.

Quote:
"He's reacting to changing circumstances," a person close to the media mogul, who said Drudge had grown exasperated with Trump, told CNN Business.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#316640 - 10/13/19 02:38 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Online   content
stranger

Different polls even if on the same day or within a couple of days can give entirely different numbers. This is why I stated I wish RCP would be running an average on impeachment like they do with Trump's job approval. On that the polls range between 40-49%, but RCP averages all the recent polls together which I think gives us a more accurate number. Every once in awhile you do get a skewed poll.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

The kind of poll is also important, if one is using it to gauge elections. You have all adults, but we know 45% of them don't vote. Then we have polls who do registered voters which history shows around 65% of them do vote. Finally are the likely voter polls which around 80% of them vote. Then there is the margin of error in each poll which outside of a very few actually pay attention to.

You probably know all of that. YouGov did registered voters with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9%. I don't have the faintest idea which poll PBS used. I haven't watched PBS since they took Dr. Who off the air some 25 or so years ago.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#316641 - 10/13/19 02:59 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: rporter314]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: rporter314
Are you saying my description of a real Constitutional crisis is inaccurate and therefore I am biased or do you dispute my use of language that while Mr Trump does sleep in the WH he therefore occupies the residence?

So how exactly am I biased???

An unbiased way to say that is to say Pres. Trump. He occupies the WH because he won the 2016 Presidential election.

#316643 - 10/13/19 03:30 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
Pres. Trump

Perhaps you do not know the proper protocol for addressing the legal occupant of the WH. It is either President or Mr. As I respect the office of the presidency, I prefer to address the current occupant as Mr, as I have no respect for the person.

Should he ever make the highly promoted pivot to act as a president, then I would address him as President. He has not done so, nor do I expect him to change his role as leader of a corrupt administration i.e. otherwise known as crime boss.

Now should you have evidence which would refute my description of his administration please present it.

Yes he is the occupant just as I said.

None of what I have said is biased. It is based on the facts and my conclusion. If you have some factual basis that my facts of the protocol is incorrect, please present it. If you have some facts which demonstrate this administration is not corrupt, please present it. If you have some facts which distance Mr Trump from the corruption, please present it. If not then the facts and my conclusion are unbiased.

If I were biased I would ignore the facts as you do, or would spin the facts into alternative facts or perform some other conservative voodoo word game to defend what I and my 13 RW ancestors consider indefensible.

But please ... type some facts ... no opinions wanted

#316644 - 10/13/19 04:10 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: rporter314]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Quote:
Pres. Trump

Perhaps you do not know the proper protocol for addressing the legal occupant of the WH. It is either President or Mr. As I respect the office of the presidency, I prefer to address the current occupant as Mr, as I have no respect for the person.

Should he ever make the highly promoted pivot to act as a president, then I would address him as President. He has not done so, nor do I expect him to change his role as leader of a corrupt administration i.e. otherwise known as crime boss.

Now should you have evidence which would refute my description of his administration please present it.

Yes he is the occupant just as I said.

None of what I have said is biased. It is based on the facts and my conclusion. If you have some factual basis that my facts of the protocol is incorrect, please present it. If you have some facts which demonstrate this administration is not corrupt, please present it. If you have some facts which distance Mr Trump from the corruption, please present it. If not then the facts and my conclusion are unbiased.

If I were biased I would ignore the facts as you do, or would spin the facts into alternative facts or perform some other conservative voodoo word game to defend what I and my 13 RW ancestors consider indefensible.

But please ... type some facts ... no opinions wanted

Occupy Your use of the phrase "Trump occupation" of the WH is a sign of your bias. Pres. Trump is our President whether you like it or not. He is not "occupying" the WH he resides there because he won the election. If you cannot accept the results of the election that is a strong indication of your bias against him.
It is in your opinion that Mr. Trump does not act Presidential. It is in your opinion that he is the leader of a corrupt administration. It is in your opinion that he is a crime boss. None of the allegations of corruption have been proven. So to insist that Trump is corrupt is to demand that people accept your opinion as a fact.

#316645 - 10/13/19 10:51 AM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: logtroll]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
"None of the allegations of corruption have been proven." That is what the oversight and impeachment processes are for.

Oversight: To monitor the Executive, to ensure it is fulfilling the law, and to investigate if it is believed they are not.

Impeachment: The investigative process to ascertain if there is any evidence of wrongdoing. That can then be used in the Trial.
An example, obstruction of Congress in the performance of its duty to conduct oversight. Or, Using their office for personal gain. Or, receiving payments from foreign governments or individuals. Or, committing a crime, such as a campaign receiving money from foreign sources. Or, paying off a party to do or not do something, more commonly known as bribery. Or, any of the number of other possible violations of law, and or the Oath of Office that he has committed.

Remember, Impeachment is a political process, not a judicial process, and is a power given solely and without restriction(s) to The House of Representatives; Article 1, section 2; the very last phrase "and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Am I biased against President Donald (...) Trump? You bet. I have experience of his antics since the early 80's and long ago decided, I would not vote for someone who conducted themselves like he has and does.

Edited by Ujest Shurly (10/13/19 10:51 AM)

Vote 2020

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#316647 - 10/13/19 12:50 PM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: perotista]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Originally Posted By: perotista
Different polls even if on the same day or within a couple of days can give entirely different numbers. This is why I stated I wish RCP would be running an average on impeachment like they do with Trump's job approval. On that the polls range between 40-49%, but RCP averages all the recent polls together which I think gives us a more accurate number. Every once in awhile you do get a skewed poll if the election was today.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

The kind of poll is also important, if one is using it to gauge elections. You have all adults, but we know 45% of them don't vote. Then we have polls who do registered voters which history shows around 65% of them do vote. Finally are the likely voter polls which around 80% of them vote. Then there is the margin of error in each poll which outside of a very few actually pay attention to.

You probably know all of that. YouGov did registered voters with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.9%. I don't have the faintest idea which poll PBS used. I haven't watched PBS since they took Dr. Who off the air some 25 or so years ago.

Here is a different kind of a poll of independents. It is interesting that this group would not support removing Trump from office at this time (some citing the importance of waiting for the results of the inquiry, which they all support), but none of them would vote for him.
No votes for Trump

Edited by logtroll (10/13/19 01:45 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot link...

#316655 - 10/13/19 06:36 PM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: logtroll]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   happy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Hi, I just stopped by to ask:

How IS the impeachment of Hunter Biden proceeding?
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#316656 - 10/13/19 07:35 PM Re: The Impeachment of Donald trump [Re: logtroll]
chunkstyle Offline

Hunter Biden to step down from board of Chinese company

At this rate he may be spending Christmas hot couching it in his peepaws basement.

Page 14 of 41 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 40 41 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2