294375 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#317175 - 10/24/19 03:07 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Beauchamp seems to think a former State department official meddling in a primary election is less egregious than the candidate calling out Clinton on her BS.

Try Jimmy Dore. More cut and thrust than the limp millionaire hosts pushing the liberal fantasies:

#317178 - 10/24/19 04:26 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
I am Le Tired of all things Le Clinton, but allow me to ponder the possibility that, if all of this really was a bit of Machiavellian Clinton skullduggery gone horribly wrong, then who do you think really got burned worse, aside from all of us, that is?

Do you think the Clintons got burned worse or Trump?
He's clearly pissed off at her for a lot more than "her damn emails".

What IF it DID start out as a drunken wager between the two?

#317179 - 10/24/19 04:34 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Originally Posted By: Tulsi Gabbard
“Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly.”

If that doesn't sound like some Grade A Kremlin titty twisting, I don't know what else would.

#317180 - 10/24/19 04:44 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Just because the Kremlin loves her positions, doesn't mean she works for them. She can be their favorite, without being their asset. I remember back in 2016 when they were supporting Black Lives Matter and setting up rallies for them, at the same time supporting Neo-Nazi rallies at the same time and place. They don't really want to support any candidate as much as to screw with us. I see Trump as their biggest prank. They had all sorts of bots and posts on 4chan/b suggesting young people vote for him for maximum "lulz". (Because it would be a hoot if he won, demonstrating just how stupid "normies" are.)

#317185 - 10/24/19 05:37 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

It does? I’m not schooled enough to tell. How is it evidence of Russian meddling? Thanks

#317186 - 10/24/19 05:44 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pondering_it_all]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Wow! Just like they did with the panthers in the sixties?

#317187 - 10/24/19 05:50 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
I am Le Tired of all things Le Clinton, but allow me to ponder the possibility that, if all of this really was a bit of Machiavellian Clinton skullduggery gone horribly wrong, then who do you think really got burned worse, aside from all of us, that is?

Do you think the Clintons got burned worse or Trump?
He's clearly pissed off at her for a lot more than "her damn emails".

What IF it DID start out as a drunken wager between the two?

No Jeff you misunderstand me. I’m asking you to consider that Clinton herself is a Russian asset. The very fact that she and her team encouraged Trump to get into politics and rooted for his winning the nomination speaks volumes.
She may not be directly controlled by Russia but her actions to elevate Trump certainly benefitted Putin.

#317188 - 10/24/19 05:58 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think, really, that Clinton is right about a couple of things about Gabbard. It is perhaps because people use the term "asset" differently. In some contexts, "asset" needs to mean, specifically, "working for"; but in other contexts (as, I believe, here) it simply means "useful" - as in, "useful idiot", or "fellow traveler." Gabbard says things that Putin likes, so it is useful to promote her (which, objectively, they have) - NAVEED JAMALI, Newsweek).
Quote:
Russian support of Gabbard does not mean that she is a Russian-directed operative, or that she has ties with or is in contact with Moscow. As I learned during my operational time working against Russian intelligence, the targeting of U.S. persons for recruitment by a foreign intelligence service does not make that person guilty of a crime. The same holds true if Russia seeks to independently aid the Gabbard campaign. Russia may choose to covertly amplify her message by building what may look like organic and grass roots online support for her. They may take some of her talking points—such as, Assad "is not the enemy of the U.S." or that the U.S. is in "a new nuclear arms race"—and work to increase their reach across social media.

While the amplification of controversial viewpoints is a method by which Russia creates division and chaos in our political process, the solution is not to remove Gabbard, silence her, or stop the vigorous debate of far-ranging ideas. Rather, the solution is to recognize these threats and stop Russia from unnaturally amplifying any one message.
As Jamali points out:
Quote:
Russia's success in attacking our democracy is not tied to their ability to recruit Gabbard (or anyone else) to parrot Russian talking points. Rather, their success comes with their ability to influence and manipulate, through amplification, certain messages and candidates that create division. As we saw in 2016, Russia was able to aid Donald Trump by using tailored and manipulated social media campaigns, without even the knowledge or direction of the Trump campaign itself. After all, Russia's goal in 2016 was the delegitimization of our elections; they did not need to coordinate with Trump to make that happen.
This is just Guccifer 2.0; 2.0.

#317189 - 10/24/19 06:18 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: NW Ponderer]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

I think I see how the game is played. If you have a position on, say, foreign policy that would also be in Russia’s interest, you may not have a handler but you still provide yourself as an asset.
Does that not support the claim that elevating Trump, as Clinton did, make herself a Putin asset? The biggest asset of them all?

Edited by chunkstyle (10/24/19 06:18 AM)

#317197 - 10/24/19 03:23 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

"The #Resistance has come up with all sorts of words for such fifth-columnists and deviationists: they are “false-balancers” or “false equivalencers,” “neo-Naderites,” “purity-testers,” “both-sidesists,” “whataboutists,” “horseshoe theorists,” “Russia skeptics” or “Russia denialists,” and “anti-anti-Trumpers.” Such heretics are all ultimately seen as being on “team Putin.”

This witch-hunting insanity isn’t just dangerous, it’s a massive breach from reality. Trump’s campaign was a clown show. He had almost no institutional backing. His “ground game” was nonexistent: his “campaign” was a TV program based almost wholly around unscripted media appearances. Trump raised just over half the $1.2 billion Hillary pulled in (making him the first presidential candidate dating back to 1976 to win with a funds deficit). He didn’t prepare a victory speech, for the perfectly logical reason that he never expected to win.

Even if you posit the most elaborate theories of Russian interference (which I don’t, but of course I’m denialist scum), what happened in 2016 was still almost entirely a domestic story, with Trump benefiting from long-developing public rejection of the political establishment."

Libs are losing there minds. Meanwhile they do nothing for anyone but the TV conspiracy oracles, Spook commentariat and the advertisers. They wonder why there's a schism going on in the party.

Rolling Stone's Taibbi

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
1 registered (CPWILL), 8 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan, Chagos
6289 Registered Users
A2