Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#317201 - 10/24/19 03:34 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
I think I see how the game is played. If you have a position on, say, foreign policy that would also be in Russiaís interest, you may not have a handler but you still provide yourself as an asset.
Does that not support the claim that elevating Trump, as Clinton did, make herself a Putin asset? The biggest asset of them all?
The first part... yeah. Think Carter Page, Papadopoulos, Trump. As for the questions... I admit, I don't follow. What's the logic here?

#317202 - 10/24/19 03:37 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Iím asking you to consider that Clinton herself is a Russian asset. The very fact that she and her team encouraged Trump to get into politics and rooted for his winning the nomination speaks volumes.
She may not be directly controlled by Russia but her actions to elevate Trump certainly benefitted Putin.

I'm sure the Clintons encouraged Trump to enter the 2016 presidential race to make fun of him because, as everyone knows, he's a joke.

The Clinton's figured he'd be the easiest one to beat not expecting that racist and bigoted Americans would glum onto his message and propel him to the White House.

Hmm

#317207 - 10/24/19 03:56 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
the Clintons encouraged Trump to enter the 2016 presidential race to make fun of him because, as everyone knows, he's a joke. .... The Clinton's figured he'd be the easiest one to beat not expecting that racist and bigoted Americans would glum onto his message and propel him to the White House.

Ahhh well could be but I will take a different tack.

Remember Mr Trump is a narcissist. I suspect the Clinton's realized this, as any thinking person would based on his actions, and simply did what all knowing people do, which is to appease his ego by telling him how great he is and he should be president. Also as you say, they would realize he is a joke, a caricature of a real person, who would just flounder in a campaign because of his incompetent narcissistic arrogance.

On the flip side you may be right. The Clinton's may have not realized the extent of Republican bigotry. That was their mistake. Had they paid attention to how the Republican base reacted to a black president, they would have had a better idea of who and what they faced.

Does any of that make her a Russian asset? Yes and no. The front end was simply, getting off the phone, and the back end was blowback which has aided the Russians.

My God!! The Russians are everywhere. Good thing I still have my Russian books. I think I'll brush up and who knows .... they may make me governor of Texas.

#317217 - 10/24/19 05:45 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: NW Ponderer]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

You said:

"..people use the term "asset" differently. In some contexts, "asset" needs to mean, specifically, "working for"; but in other contexts (as, I believe, here) it simply means "useful" - as in, "useful idiot", or "fellow traveler."

Hillary and Bill encouraged Trump to get into the race. Hillarys team favored his nomination as the republican nominee.
Trump becomes POTUS, a desirable outcome for the Slavs.

In your description of different contextual assets, which type of context would Hillary be considered and asset? The useful idiot, fellow traveler context or the 'working for' asset?

Trump is in the white house. His first act was to allow the Ivans in the oval office remember? That is good for Russia, no?

Edited by chunkstyle (10/24/19 05:46 PM)

#317220 - 10/24/19 05:59 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: rporter314
[quote] ...The Clinton's may have not realized the extent of Republican bigotry. That was their mistake. Had they paid attention to how the Republican base reacted to a black president, they would have had a better idea of who and what they faced.

Given how the TBaggers aka Trump Supporters are not squawking about Trump's deficit, we now know for sure, that TBaggery was all about a black president.

Hmm

#317221 - 10/24/19 06:02 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: rporter314
My God!! The Russians are everywhere.

Indeed they are. They make up a large portion of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, a large portion of San Franciciso Bay Area peninsula, and a large portion of the south Puget Sound in Seattle-Tacoma metro area.

Hmm

#317223 - 10/24/19 06:18 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pdx rick]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

The Clinton's figured he'd be the easiest one to beat not expecting that racist and bigoted Americans would glum onto his message and propel him to the White House.

Hmm

Thats another point Rick because Hillary knew exactly how bigoted the voters could be. As a matter of fact, she was criticized in the 2008 Democratic nomination race against Obama for using racists dog whistling as a tactic to help push up her poll numbers with the racist element out there. She's been playing on white racial fears since she was first lady. Ya'll remember super predators:

Trumps campaign literally started by stoking those same racial fears and rode that strategy right into the Oval Office. He seems to have borrowed a page from Hillary's book and wasn't afraid to show it:

Coincidence? I think NOT!!!

Edited by chunkstyle (10/24/19 06:19 PM)

#317227 - 10/24/19 08:55 PM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Yeah that was too obvious and I believe provable back in 2010. Nothing like continuing corroboration.

#317240 - 10/25/19 12:52 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
I am Le Tired of all things Le Clinton, but allow me to ponder the possibility that, if all of this really was a bit of Machiavellian Clinton skullduggery gone horribly wrong, then who do you think really got burned worse, aside from all of us, that is?

Do you think the Clintons got burned worse or Trump?
He's clearly pissed off at her for a lot more than "her damn emails".

What IF it DID start out as a drunken wager between the two?

No Jeff you misunderstand me. Iím asking you to consider that Clinton herself is a Russian asset. The very fact that she and her team encouraged Trump to get into politics and rooted for his winning the nomination speaks volumes.
She may not be directly controlled by Russia but her actions to elevate Trump certainly benefitted Putin.

So you don't think she ever considered the possibility of winning?
That's what you have to believe for that to work.
You have to believe that she secretly wanted Trump to win.

#317242 - 10/25/19 12:55 AM Re: its raining Russian assets [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Iím asking you to consider that Clinton herself is a Russian asset. The very fact that she and her team encouraged Trump to get into politics and rooted for his winning the nomination speaks volumes.

I'm sure the Clintons encouraged Trump to enter the 2016 presidential race to make fun of him because, as everyone knows, he's a joke.

Hmm

But they are former Arkansans, how could they not have taken that demo into account?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 47 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan, Chagos, Integritas
6288 Registered Users
A2