by perotista
Today at 12:46 PM
What do words mean?
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 06:05 AM
And we're off and running!
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by perotista
11/16/19 02:25 AM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/15/19 03:43 AM
Apparently Trump wants to buy the UK National Health Service
by pondering_it_all
11/15/19 01:33 AM
Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank
by jgw
11/14/19 09:23 PM
Yet another Trump scam
by pdx rick
11/09/19 06:46 PM
Why don't the Dems fight back?
by jgw
11/08/19 09:54 PM
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:03 AM
Ohio GOP charged with distributing phony sample ballots in election fraud
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:00 AM
US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years
by jgw
11/05/19 08:22 PM
Republicans are publicly spreading the name of purported Ukraine whistle-blower
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:48 AM
Often more accurate than polls
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:29 AM
Public option vs Medicare for All
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
292001 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#317450 - 10/28/19 04:17 AM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   happy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
So as your experience shows what Trump said about women is the truth.

Try and get this, Senator Hatrack:

I have NEVER...EVER EVER spoken about women the way Donald Trump did.

That is the entire point, not whether or not some women feel frisky around powerful or famous men (or...men they THINK are famous)...the point is I have NEVER...EVER EVER spoken about women the way Donald Trump did.

Do you get the point yet, or is this another case of
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#317458 - 10/28/19 01:24 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: pdx rick]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Senator Hatrack said "So as your experience shows what Trump said about women is the truth."

I guess the old moto "A gentleman never tells." was never held by President Donald (...) Trump.

Despite being President, President Donald (Never a Gentleman, ...) Trump does not live up to today's Grown-ass Man moniker.

Vote 2020

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#317472 - 10/28/19 07:07 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
wow ... how can one person miss so many points???? The only conclusion I can derive .... must be a conservative.

Quote:
A condemnation that is made despite the fact that if Trump is a pig because women let him grope them

Now where is the part about the women who objected to him groping them??? Ohhhhh ... so is he a pig now?

Quote:
But rporter314 isn't condemning them for groping women. He is only condemning Trump.
When you have a high profile you become the target of criticism. I do not know any musicians or actors of whom you speak, but should they have a high profile (and here is a clue ... I don't follow the tabloids) they would become the object of my criticism. You still don't get it.

#317506 - 10/30/19 12:37 AM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: rporter314]

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: rporter314
you opened for Mayall???? One of my favs.

Yes indeedy.
Citizen was a moderately successful blues band in the Twin Cities between 1978 and 1981.
I'll try to dig up some photo hosting so I can upload some pics wink

That's how come I knew Hatrack back then, it's just that I didn't know that Hatrack was an old buddy from the old neighborhood until a few months ago and he didn't know I was Jeff from Citizen.

Funny as Hell coinkydink.

I didn't know him super well but I remember he showed up for a few of our gigs in town and at a couple of our studio Halloween parties, which boasted some pretty big attendance numbers.

The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#317585 - 10/31/19 04:05 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: logtroll]

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: logtroll
Jethro, y’all wuz inna band?!!

An early spin of "When a Man Loves a Woman".
Mary Michaels - vocals

Tom Wigren - guitar
Steve Kerns - bass
Scott Johnson - guitar vocals
Jeffery Haas - keyboards
Kevin Karstens - drums
Curtis Blake - harp, vocals
Mary Michaels - vocals
Lisa Fraser - vocals

#317588 - 10/31/19 04:21 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Take a look at Imgur. Free...

Vote 2020

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#317594 - 10/31/19 06:25 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: Ujest Shurly]

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Ujest Shurly
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Take a look at Imgur. Free...

Thanks! Right now it's stalling when I ask for the verify code but I will keep trying.

Edited by Jeffery J. Haas (10/31/19 06:25 PM)

#317966 - 11/15/19 01:27 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Online   content
stranger

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Please vote in this unscientific Reader Rant poll. smile
For the longest time back in 2015 I believed Trump's run for the presidency as nothing more than a publicity gimmick. It might have been as far as Trump was concerned. But it gained a life of its own. People actually took him serious. Even after he won the GOP nomination, I truly believe Trump didn't think he would win. He seemed shocked when informed he won.

As for your question, he won't resign. I thought he might resign and turn the presidency over to Pence at some point in his first year. Like everything else about Trump, I was wrong.

Impeachment by the house is guaranteed. Acquittal by the senate is guaranteed. There's no way to get 20 GOP senators to vote guilty, not in today's polarized and highly charged partisanship era of our politics. Where the R and or the D means much more to our elected leaders than the big A, America.

I don't think the democrats can get all 47 of their senators to vote guilty, a good possibility two will vote to acquit. No he won't resign. Perhaps the bigger question is will Trump decide to run for reelection? 6 months ago I would have said no. Today, it seems he will. He may not want to personally, but I think like his nomination and finally victory in the presidential race, he's caught up in the frenzy of events and is going with the flow.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#317972 - 11/15/19 05:22 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I concur. Right down the line.

Though my thoughts about Trump were slightly different, the gist of it is the same. I'm pretty sure he hates being president, never wanted to be president and doesn't want to run again but will.

He's a showman and the show must go on.

His ratings were good enough to keep him on the air, but not good enough to get him four more years.

#317973 - 11/15/19 05:45 PM Re: POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached? [Re: Greger]
perotista Online   content
stranger

Originally Posted By: Greger
I concur. Right down the line.

Though my thoughts about Trump were slightly different, the gist of it is the same. I'm pretty sure he hates being president, never wanted to be president and doesn't want to run again but will.

He's a showman and the show must go on.

His ratings were good enough to keep him on the air, but not good enough to get him four more years.
That's the way I see it too. But unlike you, I still believe the Democrats could blow it by nominating the wrong candidate. As time goes by, everything will be much clearer. Next year I would say the electoral college favors the Democrats.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2