by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Little Houses
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pdx rick
07/06/20 05:30 AM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16960 Topics
301090 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 13 of 28 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#317741 - 11/04/19 07:56 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: rporter314]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
such a highly flawed human

Clinton might have been a highly flawed candidate but as human beings go she's not that bad.

#317743 - 11/04/19 09:36 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I find it interesting. Most of the folk, on this site, seem to be lefties (Democrats). Most are also upset with the "Hillary Emails". I find that pretty interesting. The Trump daughter, Ivonka (I think) has been using a private email server since Trump took over (as far as I know). That being the case one would think that the lefties would be delighted to mention this one every now and then but, I guess, not really.

They, apparently, would rather beat up a fellow progressive/lefty/Democrat than attack a Trump! Amazing! Then, again, maybe not so much........... Seems, to me, that the democratic whatever would much rather beat up one of their own than upset the Trumpies of the world.

It took the Republicans about 40 years to fine tune their Hillary demonization but it REALLY worked for, apparently, EVERYBODY! Its really quite effective, Hitler knew it and, now, the Republicans can demonstrate it. It goes like:
Tell a lie. It needs to be big and it need to be repeated often over time. It will, during that time, become fact.

It also helps if you can get congress to hold 100 million dollars worth of failed hearing. Then tell everybody they were very successful. That will put the cherry on the top of the cake for sure!

#317750 - 11/05/19 12:56 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: rporter314]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: rporter314
Quote:
Simply put, to Clinton supporters she did no wrong. To the anti-Clintonista's, she should have been tarred and feathered and thrown in jail for putting this country's security at risk. You're not going to change any of their minds.

Perhaps true and valid but may I say, had Sec Pompeo done the same thing with emails, I would have come to the same conclusion i.e the minor infraction of embedding the confidential header "C" in emails and stripping out all the confidential material, and discussing responses to CIA black op programs from news article starters. Of course it was never stated but I wonder, were those threads classified because the news articles mentioned the programs or because of the discussion??? Had Sec Clinton and staff been embedding or attaching classified docs in those emails, yeah she should have been persecuted [ed.].

I did not support her but I was forced to vote for her as the alternative was far worse ... not just a little but far worse.

I think we'll just have to disagree. Those who worked for DOD thought it was a very serious breach of electronic security. Those who are politically inclined to support Hillary did not.

Of course State Department isn't DOD either. A presidential candidate isn't your typical PFC, Sp/4 or GS-6 either. There you have it.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#317752 - 11/05/19 02:11 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: perotista]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: perotista
I think we'll just have to disagree. Those who worked for DOD thought it was a very serious breach of electronic security. Those who are politically inclined to support Hillary did not.

I seriously doubt that James Comey supported Hillary politically. Hmm

#317754 - 11/05/19 02:18 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: jgw
I find it interesting. Most of the folk, on this site, seem to be lefties (Democrats). Most are also upset with the "Hillary Emails". I find that pretty interesting. The Trump daughter, Ivonka (I think) has been using a private email server since Trump took over (as far as I know). That being the case one would think that the lefties would be delighted to mention this one every now and then but, I guess, not really.

That's not the reason why it's not mentioned. Ivanka AND Jared have done the same thing that Hillary was accused of. I'm sure it's been mentioned before. The problem is that there is so much to call-out Trump on, that you just don't know where to begin. Hmm

But this much is true: if Trump is calling someone out on some thing - he's doing the very same behavior himself - I guarantee. smile

#317761 - 11/05/19 06:17 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: perotista]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
And perhaps you hit it on the nail head .... they worked at State not DoD. I think I said it in a different way in a previous post.

Maybe they should all be sent to boot camp for 6 weeks before assuming their positions.

Out of curiosity I have to wonder if the current State Dept is not guilty of similar "crimes". Maybe FOIA should be consulted.

#317763 - 11/05/19 06:40 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: rporter314]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: rporter314
And perhaps you hit it on the nail head .... they worked at State not DoD. I think I said it in a different way in a previous post.

Maybe they should all be sent to boot camp for 6 weeks before assuming their positions.

Out of curiosity I have to wonder if the current State Dept is not guilty of similar "crimes". Maybe FOIA should be consulted.

Unless the State Department has changed drastically, I very sure they are as lax as ever about both electronic and physical security as ever. It a mentality at State. Then again, you have two entirely different missions between State and DOD.

The State Department just doesn't give security a high priority. At least in my opinion. Not even close to DOD standards.

This was true way before Hillary and I don't expect much have changed since.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#317764 - 11/05/19 06:44 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

I seriously doubt that James Comey supported Hillary politically. Hmm

I haven't the slightest idea who Comey supported. I know Comey became a Democratic Party hero when he exonerated or at least refused to charge Hillary over her E-Mails. Then The Republicans wanted him fired.

Then a couple of weeks prior to the election, Comey reopened the investigation. Now he was a Republican Hero with the Democrats wanting him fired.

Finally when Trump fired Comey, he went back to being a Democratic Party hero. Go figure. Or perhaps I should say that is politics as usual.

#317765 - 11/05/19 07:19 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: perotista]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

I haven't the slightest idea who Comey supported. I know Comey became a Democratic Party hero when he exonerated or at least refused to charge Hillary over her E-Mails. Then The Republicans wanted him fired.

Jame Comey is...was a life-long Republican as has been widely reported. As is Clapper and Mueller.

Then a couple of weeks prior to the election, Comey reopened the investigation. Now he was a Republican Hero with the Democrats wanting him fired.

Finally when Trump fired Comey, he went back to being a Democratic Party hero.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. smile , Hmm

#317774 - 11/05/19 10:47 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Jame Comey is...was a life-long Republican as has been widely reported. As is Clapper and Mueller.

Finally when Trump fired Comey, he went back to being a Democratic Party hero.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. smile , Hmm

I think your last sentence sums it up.

Page 13 of 28 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2