by perotista
Today at 12:46 PM
What do words mean?
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 06:05 AM
And we're off and running!
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by perotista
11/16/19 02:25 AM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/15/19 03:43 AM
Apparently Trump wants to buy the UK National Health Service
by pondering_it_all
11/15/19 01:33 AM
Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank
by jgw
11/14/19 09:23 PM
Yet another Trump scam
by pdx rick
11/09/19 06:46 PM
Why don't the Dems fight back?
by jgw
11/08/19 09:54 PM
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:03 AM
Ohio GOP charged with distributing phony sample ballots in election fraud
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:00 AM
US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years
by jgw
11/05/19 08:22 PM
Republicans are publicly spreading the name of purported Ukraine whistle-blower
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:48 AM
Often more accurate than polls
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:29 AM
Public option vs Medicare for All
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
292001 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#317838 - 11/09/19 01:11 AM Re: Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Let this sink in: The man who runs the U.S. govt has lost his right to run a NY charity – at least, without special monitoring by outsiders.

smile

#317878 - 11/10/19 08:46 PM Re: Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I find it interesting that, since 2016 its becoming more and more known that Jackass Trump is, possibly, the world's worst businessman. This is somebody who daddy gave over 500 million dollars to and he went banko! He is also a criminal and has been caught, now, several times publicly. The 30% who so admire him are really not mentally equipped to note this stuff. I think he has now told thousands of lies that have been identified and documented. Google "list trump lies" and you will get over 70 million responses. Here is a couple to get you started:
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...aims-over-days/

He steals from charities (not only his own)
Cheats on his taxes
Treats women poorly
Lies
Cheats on his wife
behaves like a mob boss
etc., etc., etc

He has a single interest - The Donald.

In spite of this he controls the Republican party with fear, keeps his following in line with fear, is constantly threatening the rest of the world - with fear.

In other words the man is a professional liar and fear monger of the worst sort. In spite of all the above the Dems don't seem to be able to really get the goods on him. I would be very interested if somebody can explain this in terms I can understand because I sure as hell can't.

#317879 - 11/10/19 09:06 PM Re: Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
They certainly "have the goods on him". There was evidence for impeachment from Day 1 of his Presidency. It isn't Democrats fault that Republicans shield him from every consequence. That is clearly the Republicans' fault. You don't blame the prosecutor when a gang kills all the potential witnesses against them. Why blame Democrats when it's clearly the Republicans who are engaged in a massive conspiracy against our system of government.

If we wanted the system to work, we wouldn't keep electing people who want the system to fail.

#317880 - 11/10/19 09:34 PM Re: Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
TIf we wanted the system to work, we wouldn't keep electing people who want the system to fail.

That's exactly the point with Republicans. At every turn, Republicans set government up to fail. Then they point and say: See how lame government is?

Only sociopaths do that. Hmm

#317955 - 11/14/19 09:23 PM Re: Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I am not convinced that they got the goods on Trump. They would if they could force the top tier to give testimony. I know, I am a bit tedious on this one but, if the Dems would take time out to actually use the power given by the constitution and for testimony, from the top tier, they would get the goods in spades. I might even go further in that the top tier, as far as I can see, are up to their necks in the Ukrane thing and probably a LOT more than that if they could get them to talk. There is history of the congress forcing testimony previously but, this time, I guess its just too much to want.

I read once (tried to find it and failed), that the congress (house or senate) has the right to go directly to the supremes when gov fights with itself and we are, right now, in a battle against the executive branch which should mean the fight can be decided by the supremes. I have been told that will not work as the supremes are packed by the righteous right. OK, may be true but actually knowing that, right now, would not only be of interest but something to take to voters that they should REALLY understand. I am, however, not convinced that is true. If the Dems are to win this one they gotta have not only the right but the power to force testimony and then get on with it!

I thought I would add that there is not one instance of the Dems taking over from the Republicans unless there is a fiscal problem of some sort (Obama, for instance, took over during a probably collapse of the entire economy). Anyway, so far the economy is holding. I had thought it would be going bad by now and there are a lot of folk who think its really late for some kind of 'adjustment'. We will, of course see in the fullness of time.

Edited by jgw (11/16/19 06:49 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2