by Greger
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Global warming predictions
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
West Coast Burning
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Half of troops have an unfavorable opinion of President Bone Spurs
by Greger
09/08/20 08:25 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by Irked
09/08/20 04:02 AM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
The Republican Platform
by jgw
09/03/20 07:15 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
08/31/20 12:43 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pondering_it_all
08/30/20 08:06 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16994 Topics
302773 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 17 of 28 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#319049 - 12/17/19 03:48 AM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Bow Bow Bow Bow

#319052 - 12/17/19 03:01 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: Greger]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: Greger
Ayup...late stage capitalism is the problem. I want that gone.

That is a good one, but not even the problem.

The problem is that Americans have grown weary of the burdens of even the illusion of self-government.

#319055 - 12/17/19 03:30 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: jgw
Chunk, you work about as hard as anybody I have heard of to stand up and fight for absolutely nothing. its truly weird. If I was to ask you just what you are for I am absolutely sure I would be gifted with incredibly ambiguous technical political blather that, basically, would probably confuse the hell out of me as well as hurt my feelings as I am kinda delicate.

Apparently you are for NOT working across the isle. Instead you choose to use a quisling, who is determined to keep his job, to define just what "work across the isle" means. The simple fact is that working across the isle means that two people, on opposing sides, agree that there is a problem and that they may have the capacity to both get it done by agreeing to what to do. This is not compromise so much as two reasonable people agreeing to a solution they can both live with. Its that simple. I suspect you actually don't believe that is even possible. You might actually consider such a thing although, as far as I can tell you belong on the camp of the purists (you know, that select group of political nazis who would rather condemn than support, and would never deal with the enemy no matter what). What bothers me about that one is that group actually voted for Trump last time around because they didn't get their way.

One can almost appreciate your capacity to work, very hard, to make sure that Trump gets another 4 years. Its really not so much about left and right as much as there being 2 sides (without the labels). To vote for a side you have to decide whether you want the Trump side or the other side. Apparently your druthers is the Trump side, or, possibly, you just don't care and the important part is really the blather.

At the risk of p*ssing you off it sincerely hope you lose. I am saying that because you are win/lose kinda guy. I know you want to win but have yet been unable to figure out, in plain words, just where the hell you stand.

I, on the other hand, want Trump gone. I tend to not deal with winning and losing as that, in itself is a dead end and got us where we are today. I just want the Jackass gone so we can all move on (both sides). In other words I am completely disinterested in what the Dems do, say or act. I just want Trump gone and, apparently, you don't care one way or another as the important thing is to pick nits whilst displaying an incredible, and impressive, capacity for political jargon.

Again, I just want Trump gone. I have absolutely no interest in anything but that which tends to help that along. I literally do not care about anything else. If the Dems win THEN I will care but, until then..... I stand neutral on impeachment as I have no idea if its gonna help, not help, or doesn't make a difference.

I just want Trump gone.......... (and I seem to have a lot of company on that one)

That right there...

You've encapsulated so much in one post of the willfully obtuse argument that come from conservatives.

First, I have repeated myself over my positions for months/years now. Can't help you with your confusion. You want to know my position on any topic? Just ask.

Second, I have no idea why anyone would fetishize Bi-partison 'working across the aisle'. That's been a bait and switch over the last forty years with the results mostly being Democrats carrying water for Republicans on key issues.

What you seem to be arguing for, JGW, is a 'return to normalcy'. That ship sailed and was what the Democrats tried to run on it in 2016. That is why they wanted Trump to win his primary and run against him the first place. Not that we'll see any real discussion of that chestnut. No 'come to Jesus' on that political malpractice. A more out of touch political party I have ever seen.

How on earth anyone would insist on rallying behind that incompetent management that directly helped bring us Trump in the first place is beyond my pay grade. But from the smoking crater of 2016 they crawl, pointing everywhere they can to blame crashing the plane into the dirt and insisting we voters get behind them and board the next one with the same crew back at the controls. The most important thing is to get back into the blue sky!!!

Brudder please....

Edited by chunkstyle (12/17/19 03:37 PM)

#319056 - 12/17/19 04:04 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: Hamish Howl]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Most people I know have grown disillusioned of any hope of self government. No one thinks the government works for them.

Edited by chunkstyle (12/17/19 04:04 PM)

#319057 - 12/17/19 04:17 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: pondering_it_all]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

That is a Hollywood fantasy ending that avoids having to do politics.

#319060 - 12/17/19 07:11 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Most people I know have grown disillusioned of any hope of self government. No one thinks the government works for them.

Now there's a line that could have been pulled from any society anywhere in the history of mankind. But, truth be told, government works okay for most people. They go about their daily lives with little to no interference from government. Taxes aren't too high, law enforcement not too militarized, regulations not too restrictive. Jobs are available, there's no sewage in the streets and garbage gets collected. The bodies of the dead are regularly carted off.

An increase in the number of poor people is often an indicator that government is doing a bad job. Government works very very well for the very very wealthy and they are practicing self government as we speak.

I submit that it has always been thus and forevermore will be.

#319061 - 12/17/19 08:08 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: chunkstyle]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
1. I did that once and was dazzled with political bamboozlement
2. its the way the system is designed. You simple don't get

I was not arguing about anything simply making a statement. Just something else you absolutely refuse to get. Your purity, however, is without peer.

Oh, if this is an argument - YOU WIN! (and I don't give a sh*t)

Oh, I have claimed professional status as a wishful thinker. You, however, I think, absolutely win on that one too!

When Trump wins his second term he should, I think, personally thank you..............

#319062 - 12/17/19 08:08 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
That is a Hollywood fantasy ending that avoids having to do politics.

What does it say about a portion of the left that the only thing they care about is tearing down the only thing standing between the world and a United States run by modern-day Nazis?

The stench of unthinking narcissism and privilege is overwhelming.

#319064 - 12/17/19 08:26 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Second, I have no idea why anyone would fetishize Bi-partison 'working across the aisle'. That's been a bait and switch over the last forty years with the results mostly being Democrats carrying water for Republicans on key issues.

Yep. That right there. Bipartisanship is dead. It was them that killed it, not us. When the two parties are able to agree it is only on non partisan issues(like giving a medal to a dog or more money to the rich).

We literally have a cold civil war raging. One party or the other is going to have emerge a clear winner and if one of them wins we all lose. If the other one wins we might still all lose.

#319065 - 12/17/19 08:32 PM Re: And we're off and running! [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
the only thing standing between the world and a United States run by modern-day Nazis?

Oh mighty and powerful Democrat Party save us all from Republicans!

Page 17 of 28 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2