by Greger
09/27/20 09:05 PM
How much do police really cost?
by jgw
09/27/20 05:00 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/26/20 09:00 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/26/20 07:41 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/26/20 05:38 AM
Bloomberg raises $16M to pay fines of 32K former felons so they can vote
by pdx rick
09/24/20 09:42 PM
The Republican Platform
by pondering_it_all
09/22/20 09:22 PM
Global warming predictions
by pondering_it_all
09/20/20 09:04 PM
Half of troops have an unfavorable opinion of President Bone Spurs
by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17001 Topics
303084 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#318906 - 12/12/19 02:28 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

‘Then, following a series of leaks, the news media essentially reported on the FBI’s wrong reporting of Steele’s wrong reporting.
The impact was greater than just securing a warrant to monitor Page. More significant were the years of headlines that grew out of this process, beginning with the leaking of the meeting with Trump about Steele’s blackmail allegations, the insertion of Steele’s conclusions in the Intelligence Assessment about Russian interference, and the leak of news about the approval of the Page FISA warrant.
As a result, a “well-developed conspiracy” theory based on a report that Comey described as “salacious and unverified material that a responsible journalist wouldn’t report without corroborating,” became the driving news story in a superpower nation for two years. Even the New York Times, which published a lot of these stories, is in the wake of the Horowitz report noting Steele’s role in “unleashing a flood of speculation in the news media about the new president’s relationship with Russia.”
No matter what people think the political meaning of the Horowitz report might be, reporters who read it will know: Anybody who touched this nonsense in print should be embarrassed.

Corroboration Zero’: An Inspector General’s Report Reveals the Steele Dossier Was Always a Joke

We could have been talking about making weed legal at the federal all this time. C’est La Vie

#318914 - 12/12/19 06:58 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: chunkstyle]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Steele's Dossier

No where have I found the FBI viewed the dossier as fact. It would seem they regarded it as simply raw intel, which viewed through the lens of a campaign surrounded by Russians, became worthy of investigation. Why even Steele knew his main source was not a highly credible person. However, if these memes were floating around, I suspect Steele thought if there were a grain of truth in any of it, it would be of extreme negligence not to notify the FBI. Maybe I am the only person who took a guarded view of the raw intel, but it can not be considered as any less valuable than the notification from Amb Downing.

While Horowitz states the underlying source was not credible, he did not say anything in the dossier was not credible or verified. One example of how many people misrepresented the dossier is the Cohen reference. They stated the dossier says Cohen was in Prague. Actually what the dossier says is THE RUSSIANS THOUGHT SOMEONE FROM THE CAMPAIGN WAS IN PRAGUE THOUGHT TO BE COHEN. Thinking someone was in Prague is not the same as being in Prague. My question is, was someone from the campaign in Prague at the time specified? It is important since allegedly that person was seeking dirt from the Russians.

Page is a strange case in a case. While it is clear the FBI made some mistakes in their application, consider this, how would they investigate someone who was formerly a contact for the CIA, was engaged in a campaign, had contacts with Russians, but didn't report them to the CIA. One has to wonder. Had he flipped? What was the campaign doing which warranted Page not to notify the CIA?

Likewise when asked if the Trump campaign was notified the Russians were meddling, how would the FBI approach the subject of an investigation and alert them they were not only being investigated by the FBI was were also a target of Russian meddling which was the sine non qua for the investigation? How do you do that???

What I see in most of the 17 errors in the FISA applications was slop of process. In only the one instance of an attorney falsifying a record do I see something worth careful consideration. Why did he do that? I mean I know why. To make the application stronger, but why? Did he have ulterior motives? This may justify Republican ranting, but the rest is hype.

#318917 - 12/12/19 08:02 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

I still think the rip offs would have been a better hill to die on.

#318918 - 12/12/19 08:18 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
It's my understanding that AG Barr has rejected Horowitz's report and has now begun investigations into the investigators of the investigators.

And we should bear in mind that these have all been investigations of Republicans by Republicans up until the impeachment investigations came along when the investigations of the Trump administration became bi-partisan.

Now it appears that the corruption is also bi-partisan and the investigation business has become a house of mirrors where no one dares to cast the first stone...Such drama! Such theatre! Such distraction from real issues!

#318920 - 12/12/19 08:41 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Steele's Dossier

Like every investigation of Trump...nothing ever leads back to Trump. Nothing can ever be verified. It's almost as if dark forces were at work.

#318929 - 12/12/19 11:58 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
It's almost as if dark forces were at work.

Well, he is The Prince of Lies, after all. In my experience, Trump is a pretty reliable source if you assume everything he says is a lie.

#318937 - 12/13/19 02:21 AM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
Steele's Dossier

Like every investigation of Trump...nothing ever leads back to Trump. Nothing can ever be verified. It's almost as if dark forces were at work.

100 percent mobster tactics.

#318984 - 12/14/19 06:25 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

I have been curious about the revelations of FISA errors as no one seems to make the realization FISA abuse may be rampant. For instance, I believe at this time and without more evidence what people are describing as FISA abuse, specifically directed against Mr Trump, I see a system of protocols which allowed sloppy work. The Horowitz Report addresses these problems.

However, I have not seen or read anyone concerned about the possibility these same "abuses" (sloppy work), may be prevalent in far more cases. So here is my take. If sloppy work is rampant, it would nullify any allegations the agents were targeting Mr Trump specifically. I would like to see a similar investigation into all FISA applications for the last 3 years and find out if these same types of problems are routine.

#319143 - 12/19/19 05:00 PM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Apparently Horowitz is opening an investigation to answer the question whether the abuses found in the Page FISA warrants are systemically pervasive. Gee I think I already asked the question.

It would answer the question whether there was political bias in designing the FISA warrants. I suspect the answer is there was not i.e. the same sloppiness will be found in other FISA warrants. Despite the fact Dir Wray has already implemented changes in the FISA process, Horowitz may find the necessity of even more stringent safeguards to the process.

#319160 - 12/20/19 04:05 AM Re: FISA Inspector General Horowitz [Re: rporter314]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

It would appear there are now several folks suspecting there is systemic FISA abuse which has gone on for years. Judge Nepolitano and a recent opinion piece from a writer from Cato.

This of course would shoot down all these conspiracy theories about targeting of Mr Trump only because of a cabal of Trump haters in the FBI.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 72 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2