by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16997 Topics
302959 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320429 - 01/23/20 01:44 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: CPWILL]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Originally Posted By: CPWILL
Yeah, this reminds me of the "George Bush is a drooling idiot who can't string two words together but also an evil genius capably plotting world domination by manipulating entire regions" arguments that I heard back during the W administration. :roll:

It doesn’t remind me of that. I can barely even pronounce “hyperbole”.
wink

#320440 - 01/23/20 06:36 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: logtroll]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
George Bush...the compassionate conservative...almost as though he recognized that conservative are devoid of compassion or empathy.

I like the guy, I really do. His only mistake, as I see it, was asking Dick Cheney to find someone to run as VP in his campaign. He could have and should have been remembered as a great president but for that.

He wasn't an evil genius, he wasn't a drooling idiot. He was a man. On September 11, 2001 he was reading to schoolchildren and probably having the time of his life when we were attacked by Saudi Arabian dissidents and their Jihadi friends. What followed was unfortunate.

He did the best he could and I mighta done the same if I was in his shoes and advised by the same people. Like him, I'm not all that bright and easily led astray...We all bought into that bulls*t about WMDs and we saw the blurry maps with an arrow pointed at a dark spot and labeled WMDS, and we all heard kindly old Colin Powell beseech the world and we all panicked. Just as we were meant to panic, and Halliburton profits soared. Fecking fools.

I said a lot of bad things about him during his administration because a lot of bad decisions were made. Decisions which cost thousands of lives, some innocent, some not. Decisions which effected the world economy and cost many people their homes, businesses, and fortunes.

But I've forgiven W because he was just a man pushed into a job that was way above his skill set.

Donald Trump is a different story. Me and Michelle Obama are never going to be his friend. He's not an evil genius, he's merely evil.

That much is pretty much apparent to everyone. I don't need to go much beyond that. He's the third generation patriarch of a white criminal family, a real estate magnate, a slumlord. A millionaire playboy who loved the limelight so much that he became a reality teevee star whose pushy bullying arrogant demeanor made him much loved among the pushy bullying arrogant republicans who watched such drivel on their teevee sets.

Anyway...here we are.

I'm feckin' over it y'know? I'm rooting for Trump to win because that's the quickest way I see to burn this MutherPhuck*r to the ground and start over.

#320450 - 01/23/20 08:21 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: Greger

I'm feckin' over it y'know? I'm rooting for Trump to win because that's the quickest way I see to burn this MutherPhuck*r to the ground and start over.

Makes the assumption that we'd recover.

#320451 - 01/23/20 08:51 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Hamish Howl]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Lotta times a drunk or a drug addict has to hit rock bottom before recovery can begin. We're headed there one way or another.

Some are never able to recover and sometimes recovery isn't what you think it might be.

#320453 - 01/23/20 08:59 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Lotta times a drunk or a drug addict has to hit rock bottom before recovery can begin. We're headed there one way or another.

Some are never able to recover and sometimes recovery isn't what you think it might be.

It's not a valid analogy.

Stop food transportation in a nation of 327,000,000 people for just 12 hours and see what happens.

#320454 - 01/23/20 10:24 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Hamish Howl]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl

It's not a valid analogy.

Stop food transportation in a nation of 327,000,000 people for just 12 hours and see what happens.

Food fight? Or just go to Puerto Rico - there's warehouses full of food there.

#320455 - 01/23/20 11:26 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California

I hope you don't interpret this as a slam but in my sixty-two years I've learned one thing: Those who really intend to burn it to the ground never utter a word about it. You just wake up to the smell of burning tires and tear gas and the sound of bullhorns and sirens one morning, and you realize "it's on like Donkey Kong."

The ones who utter those phrases the most are the least likely to take up a position at the barricades.

I'm too old and my wife and kids are too vulnerable to be able to afford "Life During Wartime". Had you asked in 1995, I probably would have jumped at the chance if it was "reelect Trump 1996".

#320457 - 01/24/20 01:55 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

You imagine 4 more years of Trump to be the end of the world?
I don't.

Maybe you think Biden is gonna be a great president and in 2024 he'll step down and be replaced by another Democrat and America will be great again. Yay Democrats!

Nothing ever seems to come up roses like that.

Biden is as close to being a Republican as you can get and still be a Democrat. Apparently that's what Democrats want. To be like Republicans. Fine. Ya'll go on without me.

#320458 - 01/24/20 02:13 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Hamish Howl]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Now, that would be rock bottom wouldn't it? Do you think Mitch McConnell would let the senate vote on getting traffic moving again?
Have you heard of the devastation in the trucking industry?

What we are doing is simply not sustainable. Yet we continue to fight against change.

Eventually the grits is gonna hit the pan and that's gonna be all she wrote. Vote Biden Today! Save the world some other time, or not...no matter...it'll all take care of itself.

#320460 - 01/24/20 02:20 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Now, that would be rock bottom wouldn't it?

If by "rock bottom" you mean "a thousand years of darkness", then yes.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2