by Greger
Today at 09:25 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by Greger
Today at 09:15 PM
West Coast Burning
by pondering_it_all
Today at 08:52 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Today at 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Half of troops have an unfavorable opinion of President Bone Spurs
by Greger
09/08/20 08:25 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by Irked
09/08/20 04:02 AM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
The Republican Platform
by jgw
09/03/20 07:15 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
08/31/20 12:43 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pondering_it_all
08/30/20 08:06 PM
Steve Bannon, 3 Others Arrested and Charged With Wire Fraud, Money Laundering
by Greger
08/29/20 03:29 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16993 Topics
302766 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320461 - 01/24/20 02:22 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Apparently that's what Democrats want. To be like Republicans. Fine. Ya'll go on without me.

So what might you propose? To make it all better......

#320463 - 01/24/20 02:29 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Ken Condon]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
To start? Nominate Warren or Bernie.

#320465 - 01/24/20 02:59 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Does that even have the vaguest chance of succeeding? Talking about the general. Given the EC and all.

That is the greatest trick of all. In the general getting through to the folks in the “heartland”.......us coasters by design matter not a smidgeon.

That hurts.... but it is the way it is.

#320468 - 01/24/20 03:41 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
To start? Nominate Warren or Bernie.

I'm trying, just like a gazillion others are.
We might get lucky and he might win, or we might not get that lucky and another candidate might get the nomination.
Sorry, if we're not lucky enough to put Bernie or Warren over the top, I do not see that as justification for staying home and letting Trump get another four years.

#320473 - 01/24/20 04:42 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

I'm feckin' over it y'know? I'm rooting for Trump to win because that's the quickest way I see to burn this MutherPhuck*r to the ground and start over.

I hope you don't interpret this as a slam but in my sixty-two years I've learned one thing: Those who really intend to burn it to the ground never utter a word about it. You just wake up to the smell of burning tires and tear gas and the sound of bullhorns and sirens one morning, and you realize "it's on like Donkey Kong."

The ones who utter those phrases the most are the least likely to take up a position at the barricades.

I'm too old and my wife and kids are too vulnerable to be able to afford "Life During Wartime". Had you asked in 1995, I probably would have jumped at the chance if it was "reelect Trump 1996".

Pretty much this. I've seen breakdown of society, civil war, and what it does to a people. Anyone wishing for that is ignorant, or satanic.

#320474 - 01/24/20 04:43 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Hamish Howl]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl

Now, that would be rock bottom wouldn't it?

If by "rock bottom" you mean "a thousand years of darkness", then yes.

I don't know if it would take us a thousand. We'd have the rest of the world to keep technological knowledge, etc., alive.

Very plausibly we'd lose about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of our population, though. We'd cease being "the United States of America" for some time.

#320475 - 01/24/20 04:48 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: CPWILL]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: CPWILL

I don't know if it would take us a thousand. We'd have the rest of the world to keep technological knowledge, etc., alive.

Assuming the resulting economic devastation doesn't drag everyone else down with us.

Quote:
Very plausibly we'd lose about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of our population, though. We'd cease being "the United States of America" for some time.

Best case scenario.

#320482 - 01/24/20 05:06 AM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Hamish Howl]
CPWILL Offline

Assuming the resulting economic devastation doesn't drag everyone else down with us.

Oh, everyone else would face economic disaster as well. Simply not likely civilization-ending as what would be occurring here.

Quote:
Quote:

Best case scenario.

Depends. We grow lots of food in this country, and many people would likely be able to flee to neighboring nations.

#320513 - 01/24/20 09:20 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: Ken Condon]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Ken Condon
Does that even have the vaguest chance of succeeding? Talking about the general. Given the EC and all.

That is the greatest trick of all. In the general getting through to the folks in the “heartland”.......us coasters by design matter not a smidgeon.

That hurts.... but it is the way it is.

Warren or Sanders might or might not win. Biden might or might not win.

'Bout a 50% chance all the way around. 'Bout a 50% chance that a thousand years of darkness are headed our way if we don't start taking global warming seriously. Extinction is looking imminent. The Doomsday CLock was just moved forward by scientists.
The President has just asked the world to pay no attention to the prophets of doom, speaking specifically about the children of the world begging for leaders to do something about what appears to be impending disaster.

Even the children can see it coming.

Nominating Warren or Sanders would be an indication that enough of society cares about where we're headed to begin electing leaders who might begin to mitigate some of the problems. An indication we might escape extinction.

#320514 - 01/24/20 09:35 PM Re: ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria [Re: CPWILL]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ

Depends. We grow lots of food in this country, and many people would likely be able to flee to neighboring nations.

Doesn't matter how much food there is, if it's 400 miles away and unable to get to you.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
2 registered (rporter314, NW Ponderer), 29 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2