Current Topics
Good News!
by jgw
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
Bloomberg
by jgw
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by logtroll
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Democrating Efforts
by jgw
Yesterday at 08:13 PM
What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises?
by Greger
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
First Bernie Sanders Thread 2020
by jgw
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by Hamish Howl
Yesterday at 06:38 PM
Heard any good car jokes lately?
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 02:07 AM
living library
by Hamish Howl
02/24/20 02:44 PM
Above the law: DOJ lowering Stone sentencing
by Greger
02/23/20 08:24 PM
Why not?
by chunkstyle
02/23/20 03:55 PM
Bro or NOT Bro?
by Greger
02/20/20 07:26 PM
Growth, hunh, good god yaw, what is it good for?
by CPWILL
02/18/20 11:37 PM
Thorium Reactor
by jgw
02/18/20 07:05 PM
Ahhhhhhhh - the perfection of Capitalism
by jgw
02/16/20 09:43 PM
Prognostications on the demise of Herr Dicktater
by logtroll
02/15/20 04:10 PM
Iowa caucuses fail dismally.
by Greger
02/14/20 09:43 PM
Biden's Huge Lead in National Poll of Black Voters, 27% Want Black Running Mate
by Greger
02/13/20 07:17 PM
The Departed - 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
02/12/20 05:30 PM
Forum Stats
6289 Members
60 Forums
16822 Topics
295898 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#320064 - 01/16/20 10:05 AM Warren v. Sanders
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Warren accused Sanders of saying, in 2018, that a woman canít win the presidency in 2020.

By doing that she split the Progressives and gave the nomination to Biden. Does that mean Bernie was right?

#320065 - 01/16/20 12:22 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: logtroll]
Ujest Shurly Offline
journeyman

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Mountain out of a Mole Hill.

With audio, it sounds like a fight between friends.

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#320082 - 01/16/20 06:50 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: logtroll]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Just more very public Democratic lunacy and food fight. I didn't watch the great debate but awaited the judgement of media. This was made a big deal because there really wasn't, as far as I can tell, must to tell. They get an opportunity to state their positions and they start a food fight. Yep, that's helpful. I gotta give them credit. They are determined to lose to Trump and, as far as I can tell, so far, they are going to get their wish <sigh>

As far as I can tell there are only 3 debate candidates who actually want to win actually give a damn about the nation and its unlikely and is really unlikely one of them get the nod.
Tom Steyer
Amy Klobuchar
Michael Bloomberg

The rest are either too old, have too much baggage, etc. Some, like Bernie, makes a Republican salivate with gratitude, wonder and excitement. If he runs they will destroy him - almost literally. I could go through the whole bunch but why bother. What they are, obviously, is competent food fighters who miss the point and little else. I know, not nice. Should add that whoever wins I will vote for whilst holding my nose. The simple fact is that Trump is incredibly dangerous and, as far as I am concerned, a genuine criminal and female molester.

Edited by jgw (01/16/20 06:52 PM)

#320123 - 01/18/20 02:46 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: logtroll]
CPWILL Offline

1. The Media are bored, and want drama to report on.

2. The center-left Media (such as your CNN types, who appear to have sought to drive this story) are probably more Warren-leaning, and have good reason to want to hobble Bernie at this point, hoping his supporters will shift to Warren.

#320133 - 01/18/20 06:13 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Warren is washed up, finished, kaput. A handful of feminists and progressive liberals will stick with her for a little while but from the looks of things she's unlikely to win a single state in the primaries. It was a good run and she should be proud of it.
I had high hopes for Warren but she didn't have the chops to pull it off.

She should also apologize to Bernie for even bringing this private conversation up without the context. It was a cheap shot that hurt progressive chances.

The issue is not so much this little rift between two candidates as it is Sanders suddenly leading Biden in some national polls. That scares the bejeezus out of corporate democrats. Not because he might lose to Trump, but because he represents a change from the status quo.

#320139 - 01/18/20 06:59 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: jgw
Just more very public Democratic lunacy and food fight. I didn't watch the great debate Some, like Bernie, makes a Republican salivate with gratitude, wonder and excitement. If he runs they will destroy him - almost literally. I could go through the whole bunch but why bother.

How will they destroy him?
By launching a rusty John Birch Society red-baiting campaign?
By pointing to a couple of slightly juicy stories from his youth in the 60's, stuff that pales by comparison to a fully mobbed up gangster with criminal ties to a hostile foreign adversary?
The Trump double standard only works with hardcore Trump supporters who will never vote for any Democrat.

#320142 - 01/18/20 07:53 PM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
...She should also apologize to Bernie for even bringing this private conversation up without the context. It was a cheap shot that hurt progressive chances....

Bow

#320151 - 01/19/20 03:34 AM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted By: jgw
Just more very public Democratic lunacy and food fight. I didn't watch the great debate Some, like Bernie, makes a Republican salivate with gratitude, wonder and excitement. If he runs they will destroy him - almost literally. I could go through the whole bunch but why bother.

How will they destroy him?
By launching a rusty John Birch Society red-baiting campaign?
By pointing to a couple of slightly juicy stories from his youth in the 60's, stuff that pales by comparison to a fully mobbed up gangster with criminal ties to a hostile foreign adversary?

The question is - what information will be new to the typical voter, particularly the kind of swing state white-working-class voter that Trump took from the Democrats in enough numbers in key areas to win in 2020?

Because Trump Being Trump (and all the immoral crap that entails) is already baked in the numbers. What isn't is a deeper dive into Bernie.

Respectfully, I think you may be projecting your valuation a bit, there.

#320152 - 01/19/20 03:37 AM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: Greger]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Warren is washed up, finished, kaput. A handful of feminists and progressive liberals will stick with her for a little while but from the looks of things she's unlikely to win a single state in the primaries. It was a good run and she should be proud of it.
I had high hopes for Warren but she didn't have the chops to pull it off.

She should also apologize to Bernie for even bringing this private conversation up without the context. It was a cheap shot that hurt progressive chances.

The issue is not so much this little rift between two candidates as it is Sanders suddenly leading Biden in some national polls. That scares the bejeezus out of corporate democrats. Not because he might lose to Trump, but because he represents a change from the status quo.

Warren still has CNN, and is the Preferable Progressive (because everyone knows she doesn't actually mean the crazy parts, but is simply saying them because That's What The Kids Want To Hear, These Days) for the general mass of the tribe that hasn't already fallen in behind Biden or Buttigieg. Those aren't nothing.

#320157 - 01/19/20 03:56 AM Re: Warren v. Sanders [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Hide and watch, pardner, she's toast.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 29 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan, Chagos
6289 Registered Users
A2