Current Topics
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Hamish Howl
Today at 04:46 PM
What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises?
by Hamish Howl
Today at 02:13 PM
First Bernie Sanders Thread 2020
by Hamish Howl
Today at 02:07 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
Today at 01:24 PM
Heard any good car jokes lately?
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 02:07 AM
Democrating Efforts
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
Bloomberg
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
living library
by Hamish Howl
Yesterday at 02:44 PM
ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Above the law: DOJ lowering Stone sentencing
by Greger
02/23/20 08:24 PM
Why not?
by chunkstyle
02/23/20 03:55 PM
Bro or NOT Bro?
by Greger
02/20/20 07:26 PM
Growth, hunh, good god yaw, what is it good for?
by CPWILL
02/18/20 11:37 PM
Thorium Reactor
by jgw
02/18/20 07:05 PM
Ahhhhhhhh - the perfection of Capitalism
by jgw
02/16/20 09:43 PM
Prognostications on the demise of Herr Dicktater
by logtroll
02/15/20 04:10 PM
Iowa caucuses fail dismally.
by Greger
02/14/20 09:43 PM
Biden's Huge Lead in National Poll of Black Voters, 27% Want Black Running Mate
by Greger
02/13/20 07:17 PM
The Departed - 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
02/12/20 05:30 PM
Android support for CHB
by Jeffers
02/09/20 07:54 AM
Forum Stats
6289 Members
60 Forums
16821 Topics
295876 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#320542 - 01/25/20 04:23 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: CPWILL
:shrug: Not sure why you want to try to pivot from your bigotry onto that topic in particular...

What does science have to say about your opinion above?

:shrug: bigotry is bigotry. You've demonstrated clear bigotry towards the Other that would totally freak you out if someone were to repeat the logic back to you but with the noun changed. Entertainingly, you would probably use such an argument as providing supporting evidence for your own :p

Edited by CPWILL (01/25/20 04:24 PM)

#320543 - 01/25/20 05:21 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Yeah, Rick, you queers are a bunch of bigots. I can't understand why you hate the political party that has done so much for you and other sodomites. You and Jefferey will both burn in Hell.

#320545 - 01/25/20 06:01 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
...I can most certainly make the case for most of them (and generally for the movement they led)...

I'm not interested in your any of your opinions, just the facts, ma'am. smile I get that Conservatism is not a choice and that you're born that way, but do better and not be so smug. Try harder to overcome that which inflicts you. laugh

smile Between the two of us, I'm not worried about coming off as smug, or at having failed so badly in the ability to rationally assess the strengths and weaknesses of my own ideological side as well as that of others.

Though it only tangentially relates, I hope one day you are able to get over your anger at your parents. frown Learning to love broken people* is hard, but it can be a worthy thing to do.
*Synonym for "any people"

My parents were symptoms of Conservative thought process which I didn't clearly embrace. What rational person would? Hmm

#320546 - 01/25/20 06:03 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Greger
Yeah, Rick, you queers are a bunch of bigots. I can't understand why you hate the political party that has done so much for you and other sodomites. You and Jefferey will both burn in Hell.

It's just like a bigoted Conservative to call marginalized groups like gays and black Americans bigots.

Smug people who do that who are also always from the wrong side of history have some nerve.

smile

#320547 - 01/25/20 06:05 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

:shrug: Not sure why you want to try to pivot from your bigotry onto that topic in particular...

What does science have to say about your opinion above?

:shrug: bigotry is bigotry. You've demonstrated clear bigotry towards the Other that would totally freak you out if someone were to repeat the logic back to you but with the noun changed. Entertainingly, you would probably use such an argument as providing supporting evidence for your own :p

Supportive evidence like scientific peer-reviewed studies vs Conservative opinions. I know which side you choose. smile

#320549 - 01/25/20 06:28 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
It's just like a bigoted Conservative to call marginalized groups like gays and black Americans bigots.

"I'm rubber you're glue..." Funny aint it. Projection.

#320555 - 01/25/20 08:10 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I suspect that the civil war begins when Trump is no longer president <sigh>

Oh, I have often wondered what would have happened if Trump decided to remain a Democrat and run under that banner.

My suspicion is that I suspect dark things.

Edited by jgw (01/25/20 08:19 PM)

#320560 - 01/25/20 09:50 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: jgw
I suspect that the civil war begins when Trump is no longer president <sigh>

Oh, I have often wondered what would have happened if Trump decided to remain a Democrat and run under that banner.

My suspicion is that I suspect dark things.

We HAD such a moment already.
Lyndon LaRouche!

And the lightweight version: Larry Flynt, who ran as a Republican only to piss off the Republicans.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to imagine Trump trying to run as a Dem, I'm saying that it would scare the crap out of so many of them that he'd be dead in the water before the first primaries.

#320568 - 01/26/20 12:52 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

While it's not impossible for a populist scoundrel to gain the Democratic nomination, I don't think it would be someone like Donald Trump. Democrats are not so much enamored with the idea of someone who knows nothing about politics being better qualified for the job than someone who does.

As far as civil war goes, I think it unlikely. Republican law enforcement officers shoot Republican scofflaws practically every day. For every black person shot there are three whites killed. Mostly republicans as they are more likely to be petty criminals.

I'm basing that on the number of lawmakers and party operatives in each party who are charged with and convicted of crimes.

#320569 - 01/26/20 01:32 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
While it's not impossible for a populist scoundrel to gain the Democratic nomination, I don't think it would be someone like Donald Trump. Democrats are not so much enamored with the idea of someone who knows nothing about politics being better qualified for the job than someone who does.

As far as civil war goes, I think it unlikely. Republican law enforcement officers shoot Republican scofflaws practically every day. For every black person shot there are three whites killed. Mostly republicans as they are more likely to be petty criminals.

I'm basing that on the number of lawmakers and party operatives in each party who are charged with and convicted of crimes.

Oh they wouldn't have to be "just like" Trump...but they might still be every bit as crooked.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan, Chagos
6289 Registered Users
A2