by pdx rick
26 minutes 59 seconds ago
congress gets
by jgw
Today at 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
Today at 06:30 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pdx rick
Today at 05:17 PM
Decisions
by pdx rick
Today at 04:27 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by pdx rick
Today at 02:06 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:40 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
Yesterday at 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by Irked
07/01/20 01:06 AM
Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment
by jgw
06/28/20 05:48 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by Greger
06/28/20 05:02 PM
kickass Facts
by jgw
06/27/20 06:58 PM
Donald Trump - The Greatest President
by jgw
06/27/20 05:26 PM
The Maximum Wage
by pondering_it_all
06/26/20 09:00 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16956 Topics
301024 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#320571 - 01/26/20 01:43 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: jgw]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: jgw
I suspect that the civil war begins when Trump is no longer president <sigh>

Oh, I have often wondered what would have happened if Trump decided to remain a Democrat and run under that banner.

My suspicion is that I suspect dark things.

Interesting thought since Trump spent 28 years of his adult life being a Democrat over two different time periods. He became a Republican for the third time in 2012 and I was really surprised the Republicans would nominate someone who wasn't a Republican for that long.

I personally don't think Trump would have gotten far as a Democrat. His run in the primaries would have been short. Trump had the right ideology until 2012 to fit right in with the democrats. I just don't think the Democrats would acquiesce as a candidate someone as obnoxious, uncouth and belligerent as Trump. Trump's in your face bullying personality would have quickly eliminated him.

At least I think so unless the democrats were as angry at their own elected official as the Republicans were at theirs in 2016. I just can't see Trump getting very far as a Democrat.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#320576 - 01/26/20 02:23 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: CPWILL

Oh, that's adorable. You think anti-semitism is unique to the Right at all? smile

Searching for left wing antisemite groups and forums...

#320577 - 01/26/20 02:35 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Bow

There's a reason why American Jews associate themselves with America's progressive left. smile

This may explain why some think that progressives are anti-Semitic. coffee

#320580 - 01/26/20 04:51 AM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Oh, that's adorable. You think anti-semitism is unique to the Right at all? smile

So, are you being serious here, or is this really part of your bubble?

#320585 - 01/26/20 02:01 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos

Do you know some anti-semitic liberals?

#320591 - 01/26/20 03:35 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: logtroll]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: logtroll

Do you know some anti-semitic liberals?

Personally I've only met a couple, but, then, I've only met a couple of anti-semitic right-wingers as well. As a trend, I'm aware of it being as ensconced on the left as it is on the right. The Oldest Hatred didn't get that way by being inflexible.

Edited by CPWILL (01/26/20 03:35 PM)

#320592 - 01/26/20 03:39 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

...I've only met a couple of anti-semitic right-wingers as well. As a trend, I'm aware of it being as ensconced on the left as it is on the right...

That line seems to the current Conservatives talking point. Whenever it's clear the Conservatives are behaving in a negative manner, paint progressives as doing the very same. Meghan McCain on The View does this nearly every show.

It's not very effective and people see though the bullshyte. smile

#320597 - 01/26/20 07:03 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I don't understand anti-semitism. Like a fecking babe in the woods on this. They're white. Mostly European. There aren't many of them. I wasn't taught to hate anybody.

Anti-semitism seems to revolve around some notion that the problems of the world are caused by Jews.

Is there anti-semitism on the left? There's a lot of anti-Israeli sentiment but that's largely over the apartheid nature of the government there and the apparent genocide underway. Doesn't have much to do with Jews as such.

The left, as a movement, is one of equality. Sex, skin color, nationality and religion simply aren't a part of it. Equality means equality.

The Democratic Party is not "the left" nor does it represent the values of "the left". Might be a lot of racists and anti-semites and whatnot in the Democratic party. But they aren't leftists.

In theory I can certainly understand a "leftist regime" embracing an anti-Jew attitude if, for one reason or another, the populace and governing body imagines Jews to be an enemy, a threat or simply the "other".

The whole concept seems weird because, near as I can tell, up until Israel was plopped down into the Palestinian's back yard, they haven't historically done a lot of conquering or making enemies of themselves or generally even causing trouble. Their biggest sin seems to be that they aren't Christians...or Muslims. Or whatever the primary religion might be where a few Jews have chosen to live.

I could certainly be considered anti-Christian though. Religious law belongs in church and among the congregation, Christians seek to supplant secular law with Biblical law which simply doesn't jibe with my leftist inclinations.

#320607 - 01/26/20 08:51 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Lyndon LaRouche! Now there is a blast from the past. I think he is dead now. I always was tempted about his thoughts on Atlantis and his ability to convince college kids to con old ladies out of the bucks.

Thank you............

#320610 - 01/26/20 11:16 PM Re: US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: jgw
Lyndon LaRouche! Now there is a blast from the past. I think he is dead now. I always was tempted about his thoughts on Atlantis and his ability to convince college kids to con old ladies out of the bucks.

Thank you............

The old creep and basturd died only a year ago...February 12, 2019. smile

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2