by pdx rick
0 seconds ago
My vote will be for Biden, and this is why
by pondering_it_all
5 minutes 30 seconds ago
What's for dinner?
by Greger
22 minutes 17 seconds ago
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
40 minutes 20 seconds ago
Disaster and the Party of Lemmings
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
America's Lost State
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Alternate Reality
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Questions
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:10 PM
First Bernie Sanders Thread 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/05/20 07:21 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by pondering_it_all
04/05/20 01:26 AM
Duty
by jgw
04/04/20 07:14 PM
I wonder what could have happened to our stockpiles of medical stuff?
by jgw
04/04/20 05:37 PM
FISA IG Report
by Greger
04/04/20 12:52 AM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
04/03/20 11:28 PM
What is the value of a human life?
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/03/20 07:42 PM
Underclass
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/01/20 07:07 PM
Green New Deal
by logtroll
03/31/20 11:42 PM
Killing bacteria and virus with ozone
by pondering_it_all
03/31/20 12:23 AM
Fox news worred over getting sued
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 10:04 PM
ventilators
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 12:46 AM
Forum Stats
6290 Members
60 Forums
16864 Topics
297862 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#321899 - 02/24/20 06:35 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: Greger]
Hamish Howl Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: Greger

Religious zealots with an "end of times" fetish are running the country and trying to destroy the entire world and all life on it to make their religious prophecies come true.

This.

Quote:

The Bible says "Suffer the little children to come to me."

Modern Christians say..."when the little children come to me MAKE THEM SUFFER!

And that.

#321904 - 02/24/20 07:44 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: logtroll]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
There are some real Christians who believe this:
Quote:
I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Anybody who doesn't believe Jesus' instructions on who goes to heaven and who goes to hell is not really a Christian. So it's not Christians you have problems with. It's actually Pharisees. In modern terms, people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I guess I'm an anti-Pharisee: Not a Christian but I believe what Jesus supposedly said. I think there is no afterlife but I think it applies to the heaven or hell we make on Earth in this lifetime.

#321915 - 02/24/20 09:02 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: pondering_it_all]
Hamish Howl Offline

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
So it's not Christians you have problems with. It's actually Pharisees. In modern terms, people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

More like Moloch worshipers. Pharisees were just after power, they weren't deliberately going out of their way to harm people.

#321918 - 02/24/20 09:23 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Some of 'em walk the walk too. Live lives so pure it churns your guts to think of it. And can you blame them? Their holy writings predict the end of times and scientists worldwide are predicting the end of times.

But scientists also say that we can throw some caltrops down and unhorse the four horsemen.

#321922 - 02/24/20 11:51 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Originally Posted By: Greger
I am publicly vocal because I really don't give a rat's ass about the feelings of Christians. They should be persecuted as they have persecuted millions of others down through the millenia.

Religious zealots with an "end of times" fetish are running the country and trying to destroy the entire world and all life on it to make their religious prophecies come true.

We are already judged who are not among them...we will spend an eternity in the lake of fire because we did not kowtow to their ridiculous imaginings cobbled together from ancient writings and modern politics.

The Bible says "Suffer the little children to come to me."

Modern Christians say..."when the little children come to me MAKE THEM SUFFER!

Hungry children should not be fed. It makes them dependent. Refugee children must be torn from their parents and locked in cages to prevent more from coming! Medicine should be withheld from children if their parents can't afford it. Education should be unaffordable so they are forever indebted to a Christian society which enslaves them.

And every Sunday they gather in their Mega Churches and tell themselves how righteous they are and how much God loves them for their cruelty. For their God is a vengeful God, a God of hatred wrath and destruction. A god who loves the wealthy and scorns the poor.

Spare me your butthurt political correctness CP and look at the truth of the Christian church as others see it. Many others.

Fortunately in this age of science and enlightenment, the power of the church is waning, bleeding members and attracting fewer new ones every year...Much like the Republican Party to which the church is linked.

I've got no use for Muslims either. Nor Jews. That little postage stamp size piece of desert we call the Middle East produced them all and zealots of all stripes have embraced them down through the ages for nothing more than to control the thoughts and actions of the common man.
In the Marxian sense...to exploit the workers and enrich the wealthy further.

So yes, we need to vote out the zealots who think some dead guy from 2000 years ago is going to come back(soon) and show the world that they and they alone are the chosen of God who will eternally be blessed with wealth beyond all imagining while the rest of us burn in Hell.

Jesus is coming. Spit or swallow?

History will remember that stunning speech as "Greger's Sermon on the Mound"!!

allhail

#321930 - 02/25/20 05:35 AM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: logtroll]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I think the Pharisees were people who followed all 600 of the Old Testament rules and claimed that made them holy in the eyes of the Lord. But they didn't really love their neighbors as themselves. Among other things Jesus said is to go pray in a private place because those who pray in the public square get their rewards on Earth. A mega-church seems very unlike a private place you can go pray directly to your God. It's about as public as you can get, short of a broadcast over the public airwaves.

He also said no man can know the hour, of either his end or the end of the world, so those who work to bring about the end times are going to Hell, if there is such a place.

It's not the real Christians serving in the soup line, or building houses for poor people you have a problem with. It's these azzholes calling themselves Christians who are anything but.

#321933 - 02/25/20 02:13 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: pondering_it_all]
Hamish Howl Offline

He also said no man can know the hour, of either his end or the end of the world, so those who work to bring about the end times are going to Hell, if there is such a place.

Also this.

#321943 - 02/25/20 07:32 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: logtroll]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
"end of times" - seems to be a subject of interest. Just thought I would add one of the necessities before that happens. Israel MUST convert to Christianity - completely. Given that good American Christians now own most of the radio stations in Israel, for the specific task of getting that done, one can only wonder at, if nothing else, that human desire is quite capable of becoming reality? (at least I think they do)

Apparently evangelical Christians are just as capable of choosing their reality as Trump is. Kinda makes one almost proud to be a member of either, or both, camps? I, personally, just feel flat out left out and am very sad!

Edited by jgw (02/25/20 07:33 PM)

#321944 - 02/25/20 07:41 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
There are some real Christians who believe this:
Quote:
I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Anybody who doesn't believe Jesus' instructions on who goes to heaven and who goes to hell is not really a Christian. So it's not Christians you have problems with. It's actually Pharisees. In modern terms, people who talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

I guess I'm an anti-Pharisee: Not a Christian but I believe what Jesus supposedly said. I think there is no afterlife but I think it applies to the heaven or hell we make on Earth in this lifetime.

Sorry, the Pharisees WON.
The good Christians you speak of are with us, no question about it, and when the "Great Transfer of Wealth From the Wicked to the Righteous" is complete, those good Christians will be tagged as beig just as wicked as the rest of us, for not bowing to the End Times Prosperity Gospel and, like us, they too will be cast into the Great Jehova Wood Chippers and made into compost for the Holy Vinyards of King Trump.

#321946 - 02/25/20 07:48 PM Re: What should we be doing to adapt to large scale crises? [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
those who work to bring about the end times are going to Hell, if there is such a place.

Well they certainly should! But since there probably isn't such a place, these folks are literally contriving to cause the deaths of billions and civilization to crumble. To me that's even worse than making women wear burkas.

It makes doing nothing about climate change a morally superior choice to fighting it. The religiously superior choice. It is God's will and not for us to fight against. This entire tirade against the church is about climate change denialism. It's pretty nearly impossible to deny now so I think they are calling themselves climate realists now. God's will, nought to be done. Accept it and remain always subservient.

I'm a climate change alarmist.

"Act like the house is on fire...because it is." Greta Thunberg

Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan
6290 Registered Users
A2