by pdx rick
0 seconds ago
My vote will be for Biden, and this is why
by pondering_it_all
5 minutes 30 seconds ago
What's for dinner?
by Greger
22 minutes 17 seconds ago
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
40 minutes 20 seconds ago
Disaster and the Party of Lemmings
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
America's Lost State
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Alternate Reality
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Questions
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:10 PM
First Bernie Sanders Thread 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/05/20 07:21 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by pondering_it_all
04/05/20 01:26 AM
Duty
by jgw
04/04/20 07:14 PM
I wonder what could have happened to our stockpiles of medical stuff?
by jgw
04/04/20 05:37 PM
FISA IG Report
by Greger
04/04/20 12:52 AM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
04/03/20 11:28 PM
What is the value of a human life?
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/03/20 07:42 PM
Underclass
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/01/20 07:07 PM
Green New Deal
by logtroll
03/31/20 11:42 PM
Killing bacteria and virus with ozone
by pondering_it_all
03/31/20 12:23 AM
Fox news worred over getting sued
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 10:04 PM
ventilators
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 12:46 AM
Forum Stats
6290 Members
60 Forums
16864 Topics
297862 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 36 of 46 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46 >
Topic Options
#321882 - 02/23/20 09:39 PM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Ol' Joe looks to be the winner of South Carolina next Saturday, but that's ok, Bernie will only be a few points behind him for second place win. Then comes Super Tuesday where Bernie will win 10-11 of the 14 states.

Bloomy will get Oklahoma, Biden will get Texas, Amy will get Minnesota, and Bernie will scoop-up the rest. smile

#321884 - 02/23/20 11:17 PM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Ol' Joe looks to be the winner of South Carolina next Saturday, but that's ok, Bernie will only be a few points behind him for second place win. Then comes Super Tuesday where Bernie will win 10-11 of the 14 states.

Bloomy will get Oklahoma, Biden will get Texas, Amy will get Minnesota, and Bernie will scoop-up the rest. smile

I wouldn't take it to the bank or bet the farm on that yet. South Carolina I mean. On 1 Feb Biden had a 18 point lead over Sanders in South Carolina. Today, that lead is down to 3. The trend is all in Sanders favor to win South Carolina. Biden has seen black support erode in South Carolina from 55% on 1 Feb down to 35% today. The big beneficiary of black support goes to Tom Steyer who has climbed from 6% to 24% during this same time period. But Steyer doesn't have much white support. 3rd seems the best Steyer can do.

The black vote is huge in South Carolina. In 2016 blacks made up 57% of all democratic primary voters in South Carolina. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if Sanders eked out a win. Considering the margin of error, I'd say South Carolina is too close to call.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#321885 - 02/24/20 12:22 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
My wife just applied for Social Security online. We ran a free calculator called Open Social Security and discovered the optimal strategy. She's going to take half of mine when I turn 70 and start collecting, so the best strategy is for her to collect immediately and for me to collect half of hers. They give you a nice plan and all the amounts you will collect in each phase of the plan. All you need is your DOB and full retirement benefit from your Social Security statement. And your spouse's if you are married.

To do stuff online with SS, you need a MySocialSecurity account. They use Equifax to verify it's you, so lift your freeze a day or so before you go to Social Security online, if you have one.. Otherwise they lock you out for a day. Data was a bit more complex because we needed date of marriage and years of last work. That's ancient history! We had to go find a napkin from our wedding reception to be sure. laugh

#321887 - 02/24/20 05:07 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Tonight on 60 Minutes, Bernie said that Castro eliminating childhood illiteracy is a good thing....while at the same time Bernie condemned Castro for his Authoritarianism.

Rightwingers are in full drama queen mode: This is the end of Bernie. It's over for Bernie.

Just because these rightwing asshats can't eliminate childhood illiteracy in their trailer parks and Castro could in all of Cuba, doesn't make everything that Castro has done a bad thing.

This is what black and white thinking that Conservatives are famous for frames their analysis of situations faulty and the real reason why these people are losers in life.

#321889 - 02/24/20 09:34 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

It's actually a lot easier to teach kids how to read and write Spanish than English. Almost every Spanish word is spelled exactly how it sounds. It's so easy, Mexican schools expect kids coming to first grade to already know how to read!

English is a nightmare, in comparison.

#321954 - 02/25/20 08:23 PM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
One of the old family homes that served as a centerpiece to my childhood has burned down. Even though it was no longer in the family it's still heartbreaking to see it wiped out.

Atlantic Beach House Damaged by Fire

Yes, there was a dock out back, every home on Reynolds Channel in Atlantic Beach (Long Island) had their own dock, and boy howdy did my uncle and cousins make use of it.

My cousin Ernest, who grew up in that home, said it's probably a teardown. cry

#322024 - 02/27/20 02:27 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I had an epiphany the other day: We talk about gay people being a small minority, but actually if you consider what different people LIKE, they are in the majority. Here's my reasoning. Over 50% of the population likes the sausage. So if you are a gay man, what you like is liked by the majority of the human race. Likewise, over 50% of the population likes vajayjay. So if you are a lesbian, what you like is liked by the majority of the human race.

The overlap in likes, is all the bi people. Presumable they like both. So if you forget about individual's genitals (since they are PRIVATE parts, after all) and concentrate on what they like, we all are mainstream!

#322038 - 02/27/20 03:46 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I had an epiphany the other day: We talk about gay people being a small minority, but actually if you consider what different people LIKE, they are in the majority. Here's my reasoning. Over 50% of the population likes the sausage. So if you are a gay man, what you like is liked by the majority of the human race. Likewise, over 50% of the population likes vajayjay. So if you are a lesbian, what you like is liked by the majority of the human race.

The overlap in likes, is all the bi people. Presumable they like both. So if you forget about individual's genitals (since they are PRIVATE parts, after all) and concentrate on what they like, we all are mainstream!

The dumbest assumption some of us seem to make over and over again, is the notion that sexuality is strictly binary.
Sexuality in all animals is a continuum.

Yeah sure, most of the human race clusters over near the hetero side of the continuum, but there are more than enough who occupy a fuzzy side zone that ranges out into the middle.

What about that wild girlfriend who once hinted that she wouldn't mind getting together with your other gal pal under the sheets.
Was she just blotto drunk or did she just need enough liquid courage to voice her idea?

What about your best wingman who once confided that he'd be okay with tag teaming that little hottie along with you who was apparently very open-minded.
Maybe you might have shrunk from the idea but he was as open-minded as she was.

What about that couple down the street who said they'd be okay with him watching you nail his wife?

What about that gay guy you knew who admitted that, every once in a while he has been so taken with a female that he wound up "servicing" her and, much to their mutual surprise, it was mutually enjoyable?

And what about that friend of yours who simply says, "Bi-poly-switch - I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!"

Sure, most heteros are strictly hetero and most gay people are strictly gay but there's plenty for whom, sexuality is somewhat situational at times.
For these people, if they are attracted to you, they're attracted, plain and simple.

#322042 - 02/27/20 04:15 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all

Speaking as a gay man, I'm partial to hairy muscley bodies. smile Followed by a very masculine persona. The penis is way down the list as far as boxes to check. (...and it better not be hooded when I get there. nono )

(If I was into smooth guys , I might as well just date a woman. Hmm )

#322052 - 02/27/20 06:12 AM Re: ReaderRant RoundTable for Winter 2020 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Doug Thompson only has 5,210 posts at Reader Rant? Hmm

Page 36 of 46 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45 46 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan
6290 Registered Users
A2