by pdx rick
0 seconds ago
My vote will be for Biden, and this is why
by pondering_it_all
5 minutes 30 seconds ago
What's for dinner?
by Greger
22 minutes 17 seconds ago
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
40 minutes 20 seconds ago
Disaster and the Party of Lemmings
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
America's Lost State
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Alternate Reality
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Questions
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:10 PM
First Bernie Sanders Thread 2020
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/05/20 07:21 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by pondering_it_all
04/05/20 01:26 AM
Duty
by jgw
04/04/20 07:14 PM
I wonder what could have happened to our stockpiles of medical stuff?
by jgw
04/04/20 05:37 PM
FISA IG Report
by Greger
04/04/20 12:52 AM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
04/03/20 11:28 PM
What is the value of a human life?
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/03/20 07:42 PM
Underclass
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/01/20 07:07 PM
Green New Deal
by logtroll
03/31/20 11:42 PM
Killing bacteria and virus with ozone
by pondering_it_all
03/31/20 12:23 AM
Fox news worred over getting sued
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 10:04 PM
ventilators
by pondering_it_all
03/30/20 12:46 AM
Forum Stats
6290 Members
60 Forums
16864 Topics
297862 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#322099 - 02/27/20 07:58 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: Hamish Howl]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl
Originally Posted By: danarhea
Do not think that the plunge in the Dow is due to the coronavirus, which is the bullsh*t that corporate media is attempting to feed you.

If I miss shipments because my vendors or my clients are in a quarantine zone, that is going to harm my business. Multiples of that harm the economy.

That's already happening, so count on it.
Even some of our most essential pharmaceuticals, even FACE MASK supplies, are drying up. A 3M factory in ND makes about 30,000 a month and they're now getting orders for about 300 THOUSAND a month.
Good news, except they don't have near the capacity to fulfill an order that size.

We've been too trigger happy on moving all our manufacturing to China for twenty-five years or more, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Expect your stuff to be held up, it's almost guaranteed.

#322102 - 02/27/20 08:37 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Hamish Howl Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Do not think that the plunge in the Dow is due to the coronavirus, which is the bullsh*t that corporate media is attempting to feed you.

If I miss shipments because my vendors or my clients are in a quarantine zone, that is going to harm my business. Multiples of that harm the economy.

That's already happening, so count on it.
Even some of our most essential pharmaceuticals, even FACE MASK supplies, are drying up. A 3M factory in ND makes about 30,000 a month and they're now getting orders for about 300 THOUSAND a month.
Good news, except they don't have near the capacity to fulfill an order that size.

We've been too trigger happy on moving all our manufacturing to China for twenty-five years or more, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Expect your stuff to be held up, it's almost guaranteed.

I had to order some face masks for the lab on Monday.

$4 EACH. Used to be $9 for a box of 100.

#322169 - 02/28/20 07:16 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: danarhea]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
the facts about the market remain. Its going down, REALLY going down! This will effect the entire economy. Business, we are told, are already cutting back because of the market, the fact that Europe economies are in serious trouble and are not buying much, etc. So, pretty soon there are going to be reports about unemployment climbing as well.

Trump, we are told, is in a kindofa panic. He understands. He is president. Presidents always get the credit for the economy - good or bad. It looks as if, this time, its bad and its gonna hurt him. Then there is the virus thing too.

He has been also blamed for that one and he is guilty as charged. He tried to sweet talk out of that one and failed. Today he is having another rally. Given that there is no way to test for the virus his rally just might get the whole bunch of true believers sick! That too will also be interesting. This one becomes even more interesting. He has claimed that the entire thing is a hoax brought on by them Democratic Demons. If they get sick the hoax thing becomes something else - and the sh*t will get a LOT deeper!

#322180 - 02/28/20 09:17 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: jgw]
Hamish Howl Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: jgw
Today he is having another rally.

If I was sick, I know where I'd be going.

#322182 - 02/28/20 09:54 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: Hamish Howl]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
good thinking! Seems fair given that he is encouraging all of his true believers to vote for Bernie in the primary.

#322197 - 02/28/20 11:16 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: jgw]
danarhea Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: jgw

Presidents always get the credit for the economy - good or bad.

When unemployment goes from more than 10% in 2009 to 3.6% now, the guy who came in when it was 4.7% doesn't deserve the credit for it.

#322205 - 02/29/20 12:32 AM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: danarhea]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I suspect that will be the last Trump rally we see. Large gatherings and events are being cancelled.

#322230 - 02/29/20 04:44 AM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I suspect that will be the last Trump rally we see. Large gatherings and events are being cancelled.

Oh noes-z-z-z-z-z!!
He NEEDS those Nuremberg rallies, he needs them to propagate his WWE rhetoric but more importantly he desperately needs the mass adoration he gets from all the cheering morons.

Without those he's toast.

#322274 - 02/29/20 10:22 PM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: danarhea]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

He stakes his entire rep as a success on the Dow Jones. He continually crows about the record highs, and continually threatens a huge crash if he loses the election. Wall Street is everything to Trump. Like Samson's hair, he views it as the source of his strength.
So naturally, with the market taking a big haircut, he's in full panic mode, and he's blaming anyone and everyone.
Boy howdy, if he ever finds that Dow Jones guy, he might just shoot him in the middle of Fifth Avenue and then take a bow.

#322275 - 03/01/20 12:03 AM Re: The latest stock market downturn - No, not coronavirus [Re: Hamish Howl]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Don't forget that many profitable business who sale goods from China, have warehouses, and have ship containers on docks full of inventory because they stocked-up and bought before the tariffs -can finally stop paying storage fees and get that inventory on the sales floor without having empty holes. smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL, Kevin Kohler, Keridan
6290 Registered Users
A2