by Irked
05/31/20 05:30 PM
Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid
by Greger
05/30/20 07:21 PM
Trump may be ahead!
by rporter314
05/29/20 01:29 PM
Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse?
by Greger
05/25/20 08:59 PM
Genius: how to make of a surgical mask, an N95-equivalent
by GreatNewsTonight
05/25/20 03:51 AM
The Way We Were
by Jeffery J. Haas
05/25/20 12:46 AM
What's for dinner?
by GreatNewsTonight
05/24/20 08:18 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16922 Topics
300295 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323741 - 04/01/20 09:31 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Livetoride]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Livetoride
Not going to argue my friend, but are you calling the Affordable Health Care Act nothing? Remember what Biden said over the live mic? Big F'ing deal thing? Obama couldn't do anything because Mitch said, in 08 I believe, that his main job was to make sure Obama was a one termer and whatever he's for, we'll be against and vise versa? That's why Obama enacted so many executive orders, he didn't have a chance with Mitch. I'll catch hell for this here but much of the Obama interference had to do with skin color- at least in my backwards part of the world. For almost 4 years the Cheeto has busied himself with retracting most of Obama's exec orders and or accomplishments to the delight of the 35% base. I'll vote for a GD chimpanzee before I would even consider the tanning bed dude. IMHO, we'd be much better off without a president- and don't give me that Pence option either. He is so wooden, he makes Gore look like John Travolta.
Okay, I'm done, gonna get a glass of wine and a good cigar and chill!

ThumbsUp Bow

#323743 - 04/01/20 10:04 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Livetoride]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Remember what Biden said over the live mic? Big F'ing deal thing?

Yep, but he had no role in it and was, in fact, against it because he saw that it would damage the Democrats. It was too bold, too soon, too much. He was right. It did damage the Democrats and they haven't managed to recover in 10 years. Biden's instincts are to be timid, avoid damage and align with Republicans.

Just not what I'm looking for in a president but YMMV.

Here's something just in from 538...

Quote:
most Democrats now back former Vice President Joe Biden, but enthusiasm for his candidacy was, on the other hand, pretty lackluster.

Just 24 percent of his supporters said they were “very” enthusiastic about supporting him. This marked the lowest level of enthusiasm for a Democratic presidential candidate that ABC/Washington Post has found in the last 20 years. And perhaps even more troubling for Biden was that nearly twice as many of President Trump’s supporters (53 percent) said they were “very” enthusiastic about his candidacy.

It aint gonna be the lefties that lose him the race, it's gonna be the DNC choosing a crappy candidate again.

#323746 - 04/01/20 10:55 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Greger]
Livetoride Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tennessee
Point taken. Two things here. One, many Sanders supporters simply couldn't pull the trigger for Hillary. They wanted change and they damn sure got it. They ain't happy with the change- 35% not withstanding. Two, I just don't trust polls anymore. I get calls all day on my cell and if your name doesn't appear, I don't answer. I just assume its a telemarketer trying to sell me warranty on a Jeep with 150,000 miles. We have no land line- like many. Polling is more and more unpredictable- least that's what I think. Independent's CAN stomach Biden. Don't confuse Hillary and Biden options with the electorate.
Of course, the virus is one hell of a game changer. trumps base will turn out. Hell, most still think the virus is a F'ing hoax because their hero told them so weeks ago.
Biden is a decent person, this country desperately needs someone like that. I agree with you that I saw many candidates on the stage that I could support. I agree that Biden might be a little older and right of center for some, but I'm a Blue- Dog and I like his style of working across party lines. I'd love to see McConnell fall, and there is a chance that happens.
BTW, Kamala Harris might make a great running mate no? Unprecedented circumstances surround this election. I treat it somewhat like people that tell me what's gonna happen to me when I die. I don't know what happens to ya, and I call bullshit on anyone that says they do!

#323747 - 04/01/20 10:59 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
I'll catch hell for this here but much of the Obama interference had to do with skin color- at least in my backwards part of the world.

Not from me, you won't. Though most Republicans in congress didn't care about his skin color so much as just used it to justify anything to their base. Dog whistles from congressmen, but outright White Supremacy from others out there on the internet or hate TV and radio.

Evidence for that is Clarence Thomas and Ben Carson. They are "the right sort of Negro". You know, those with a R after their names.

One big problem with Obama is he's just to decent to play hardball. He was so busy being non-threatening, he failed to go after Republicans when he should have. For example, when Mitch pulled his Garland nonsense, Obama should have given the Senate 2 months and then said: "Okay, 60 days is a reasonable time for you asshats to consider my nomination, so he's now on the court." When he showed up for the next Supreme Court session, I bet the other justices would have welcomed him and swore him in.

#323750 - 04/01/20 11:07 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: pondering_it_all]
Livetoride Offline
journeyman

Thanks and I agree 100%.

#323758 - 04/01/20 11:59 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Livetoride]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Point taken. Two things here. One, many Sanders supporters simply couldn't pull the trigger for Hillary. They wanted change and they damn sure got it. They ain't happy with the change- 35% not withstanding. Two, I just don't trust polls anymore. I get calls all day on my cell and if your name doesn't appear, I don't answer. I just assume its a telemarketer trying to sell me warranty on a Jeep with 150,000 miles. We have no land line- like many. Polling is more and more unpredictable- least that's what I think. Independent's CAN stomach Biden. Don't confuse Hillary and Biden options with the electorate.
Of course, the virus is one hell of a game changer. trumps base will turn out. Hell, most still think the virus is a F'ing hoax because their hero told them so weeks ago.
Biden is a decent person, this country desperately needs someone like that. I agree with you that I saw many candidates on the stage that I could support. I agree that Biden might be a little older and right of center for some, but I'm a Blue- Dog and I like his style of working across party lines. I'd love to see McConnell fall, and there is a chance that happens.
BTW, Kamala Harris might make a great running mate no? Unprecedented circumstances surround this election. I treat it somewhat like people that tell me what's gonna happen to me when I die. I don't know what happens to ya, and I call bullshit on anyone that says they do!

Make no mistake about it, Mitch HAS to disappear no matter what else happens. Mitch HAS to disappear and we HAVE to flip both chambers otherwise Mitch will just see it as another "Hold my beer" challenge.

#323760 - 04/02/20 12:43 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Livetoride]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Here's what I had to say today on my PEROTISTA’S 2020 Monthly SENATE, HOUSE and Presidency FORECAST 1 April 2020 on DP about Kentucky.

Kentucky McConnell R – There are now 7 Republicans challenging McConnell for the GOP nomination. A bad sign for Mitch as many Republicans thinks he is very vulnerable. 10 Democrats are vying for the right to challenge McConnell in November with McGrath the heavy favorite to win the democratic nomination. Lots of uncertainties here. McConnell has a 50-50 shot of surviving the GOP primary. If he does, he also is no better than 50-50 vs. Democrat McGrath. Against all odds, McConnell always finds a way to win. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

It's still early, but the above is what the numbers are saying about Kentucky along with my gut feeling and some history about Mitch finding a way to win. Trump has a 57% approval rating in Kentucky, so his coat tails probably will be enough to keep his boy in the senate.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#323761 - 04/02/20 02:06 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: perotista]
Livetoride Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: perotista

Here's what I had to say today on my PEROTISTA’S 2020 Monthly SENATE, HOUSE and Presidency FORECAST 1 April 2020 on DP about Kentucky.

Kentucky McConnell R – There are now 7 Republicans challenging McConnell for the GOP nomination. A bad sign for Mitch as many Republicans thinks he is very vulnerable. 10 Democrats are vying for the right to challenge McConnell in November with McGrath the heavy favorite to win the democratic nomination. Lots of uncertainties here. McConnell has a 50-50 shot of surviving the GOP primary. If he does, he also is no better than 50-50 vs. Democrat McGrath. Against all odds, McConnell always finds a way to win. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

It's still early, but the above is what the numbers are saying about Kentucky along with my gut feeling and some history about Mitch finding a way to win. Trump has a 57% approval rating in Kentucky, so his coat tails probably will be enough to keep his boy in the senate.

I certainly agree with all you said. Remember though, Kentucky kicked Governor Matt Biven (R) out of office for Andy Beshear (D) in 2019- no small task. McGrath is a serious opponent. Not a movie star, but a former Marine fighter pilot! Western KY is home of roughly half of the 101st Airborne unit. She's also already up on TV, as I live close to that media. Gonna be interesting...

#323762 - 04/02/20 02:27 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Make no mistake about it, Mitch HAS to disappear no matter what else happens. Mitch HAS to disappear and we HAVE to flip both chambers otherwise Mitch will just see it as another "Hold my beer" challenge.

It would be nice to be rid of Mitch but I think his seat is pretty safe. He'll age out in a few years anyway. He's in the 77 club. I can't imagine what would keep a man working at that age. He must really really love his job. He knows how to work the minority angle too so I wouldn't count on being rid of him for another four years.

Honestly I'm not trying to rain on your parade but there are just a few ways this sh*t can all turn out. The corona thing has thrown a delicious twist into the puzzle but there are a lot of details we can be fairly certain of today. Being rid of McConnel anytime soon isn't in the cards. Flipping the Senate is still possible though, even if Trump wins the general he may find himself faced with a Democratic congress. There's enough real drama going on you don't need to imagine stuff.

#323764 - 04/02/20 02:41 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Against all odds, McConnell always finds a way to win. Republican hold 52 R 48 D

Funny how often we arrive at the same conclusion by totally different means. Maybe it's a Southern thing, a way of looking at the world and knowing how it works.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2