by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16996 Topics
302905 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323883 - 04/05/20 09:11 PM Re: Questions [Re: rporter314]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
So far I have to agree with you. I get about 20 messages from Dems every day. They all end with a request for money. I have set them to spam, they go away for a week and then they are all back. Biden sends me at least two every day - for money.

I can only wonder where the money is going. I do know, however, its not for ads on TV. That, I guess, is not possible. All my congress folk are sending me stuff, they only do that when they are running and the main message is that they too need money (even though they are not on tv either). Apparently the Dems have decided that the campaigns don't start until after the convention and nobody is even sure if there is going to be one or not and, if there is, then when and how becomes the question.

So, all in all, unless they get off their collective butts, We will have another 4 years of the Jackass Trump.

I do, however, admire those who believe that Biden will magically win because Trump is so bad. What I admire about those who believe in miracles is their capacity for hope and faith, its actually kinda inspiring!

Oh, I did see Biden on TV the other night. He was talking what he would do about Covid-19 if he was president. He would, basically, do what every other half way decent president would do when something serious needed to be attended to - appoint somebody to do the job and appoint a group to study and explain what the hell happened. This is what all other presidents have done. Then they can claim success and win the next election.

the Jackass Trump has another plan, based on the firm ground of alternate fact. He has publicly announced the he is not responsible for anything, that the federal government is separate from the United States and under his complete control, and will do little or nothing (it just goes on, and on, and on, and......) the horror is that he owns approximately 40% of the entire American voting public and they admire the process above. In other words 40% of the American voting public has abandoned reality for the Jackass alternate reality. this is being proven in a LOT of ways. The current is their resistance to any suggestion that they should fight against Covid-19 by minding the experts in this reality and, instead, just go down the happy highway of delusion. The sad thing is that we will get to watch as they start to die because of their behavior. I guess there are lessons to learn when you join an alternate reality no matter how much fun you are having (right up to when you are not). Its really quite amazing. This time their very lives are at stake and they (the Trumpies) flat out deny it, even when they see their neighbors on the way to the hospital its not enough proof for them!

ITS FREAKING AMAZING!

#323921 - 04/06/20 08:10 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
So, all in all, unless they get off their collective butts, We will have another 4 years of the Jackass Trump.

I do, however, admire those who believe that Biden will magically win because Trump is so bad. What I admire about those who believe in miracles is their capacity for hope and faith, its actually kinda inspiring!

The Y2K election dissapointed me. Al Gore should havee been our President

Back in 2004 I believed that Bush was so bad that he would surely lose his bid for re-election. He did not.

As recently as 2016 I thought the Democratic candidate would surely win because she was so obviously superior. She did not.

In the 2018 election I had reason to hope that in the Blue Wave movement Florida would re-elect our Democratic senator and elect a Democratic governor. We did not.

You might say I've lost faith in Democrats. When in power they accomplish nothing and when out of power their opposition is weak.

#323955 - 04/07/20 04:11 PM Re: Questions [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger

You might say I've lost faith in Democrats. When in power they accomplish nothing and when out of power their opposition is weak.

Not a good enough reason to allow a cult leader to continue his inexorable path to the Kool-Aid suicide party.

Quote:
As for definitions, a “destructive cult” is an authoritarian pyramid-structured group with someone at the top who claims to know all things and says God is working through him or her. Trump does that as well. Donald Trump is also trying to control people’s behavior, the information they have access to, and their thoughts and emotions, to make them dependent and obedient and under his control. Consider the novel coronavirus pandemic and how Trump has all these followers who do not trust real experts and only take what Trump says to be true. Trump’s followers also don’t believe in science and medicine.

I'd really love to know how this is a safe option to consider under ANY circumstances, let alone the ones we're dealing with right now.

#323956 - 04/07/20 04:19 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

By the way, the federal government will soon provide money directly to U.S. churches to help them pay pastor salaries and utility bills.

Hope you enjoy our new state sponsored religions!
Sure sure, four more years of Trump won't be so bad!
Let's all get on board the Joe Rogan bandwagon because he's so smart. ROTFMOL

#323958 - 04/07/20 04:31 PM Re: Questions [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Hey, don't blame me if your guy is so incompetent that he can't even beat Trump. If he does, fine, but then what?

Everything snaps back to "normal"?

You won, Jeff, your candidate will be running against Trump. Everything from here on out is on his powerful and decisive shoulders. Together we will forge a new path into the future under the wise rule of Joseph Robinette Biden.

Under neoliberal corporate rule the Democratic Party will join hands with Republicans, setting all foolish leftist notions aside as the parties implement government of business by business and for business.

#323961 - 04/07/20 05:25 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
perotista Online   content
journeyman

Numbers as of today. Nationally Biden is leading Trump by 6, Sanders leading Trump by 3. So what about the swing/deciding states. States Trump won.

Wisconsin Biden leading Trump by 3, Trump over Sanders by 2
Florida Biden and Trump Tied, Trump over Sanders by 6
Michigan Both Biden and Sanders over Trump by 5
Pennsylvania Biden over Trump by 4, Sanders over Trump by 1
North Carolina Biden over Trump by 4, Trump over Sanders by 1
Arizona Biden over Trump by 6, Trump over Sanders by 2
Ohio Biden over Trump by 4, Sanders over Trump by 2

Now these numbers are very dynamic, they change constantly. No doubt in my mind that today Biden has the best chance of defeating Trump. At least is more popular in the swing states. What about some solid blue states? States that Trump has no chance.
California Biden over Trump by 26, Sanders over Trump by 32
New York Biden by 25, Sanders by 30

There are others, but the polls are old. But what I’m seeing is Sanders doing better in the solid blue states against Trump, the more liberal and progressive states which are going blue no matter who the candidate is. That Biden is doing better in the more moderate swing states. One can draw the only conclusion at this point is that Biden stands the better chance of defeating Trump. If the election were held today, Biden would receive 92 more electoral votes than Hillary did with Florida a tie, not counted. Sanders would receive 36 more electoral votes with Florida still going to Trump. Hillary received 227 electoral votes, adding Biden’s 92 to that gives us 319 not counting Florida. Well over the 270 needed to win. Sanders would garner 263. Not enough to win if the election were held today, which it is not.

This is by the numbers. They show Sanders more popular than Biden in solid blue states, the more progressive states which Biden going to win no matter what. In the more moderate states, Biden is the strongest and he wins in some of these states, Sanders would lose if the election were today. What good does it do to win California and New York by an extra million or so each while losing in the swing states?
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#323966 - 04/07/20 05:50 PM Re: Questions [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

As far as I'm concerned Biden will be the next President. I never thought Trump would be re-elected and certainly don't now that the Trainwreck is underway.

His heroic efforts during this difficult time may not be enough to save his presidency. Democrats have vowed to make him a one term president and American lives are being lost to their obstruction.

#323979 - 04/07/20 08:11 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
perotista Online   content
journeyman

The numbers look good for Biden today. Trump reverting back to, shall I say being Trump has reversed his upward trend into another downward one. But one must remember that back on 7 Apr 2016 Hillary had an 11 point lead over Trump. But her numbers were weak with 15% of the electorate still undecided. By the end of May Trump had tied her.

She was extra strong in the Northeast, West Coast, but very weak in flyover country. Biden isn't as strong in the Northeast and West Coast, but is stronger in flyover country even though his lead over Trump is smaller at this same juncture. It's where he's stronger that counts, stronger in the swing states than Hillary was.

Winning California by 4 million votes and New York by 2 million didn't help her in the swing states. Biden isn't as strong in either state then Hillary was. But he's much stronger in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Arizona and even in Texas. Believe it or not, Biden trails Trump by just 2 points in Texas.

Will those figures hold, we don't know. But Trump isn't doing himself any good now that he has turned obnoxious and petty during his press conferences on CoronaVirus.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#323989 - 04/07/20 10:25 PM Re: Questions [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Greger
As far as I'm concerned Biden will be the next President. I never thought Trump would be re-elected and certainly don't now that the Trainwreck is underway.

His heroic efforts during this difficult time may not be enough to save his presidency. Democrats have vowed to make him a one term president and American lives are being lost to their obstruction.

Except that Trump is beginning to sound like he is seriously considering any tactic available to invalidate or otherwise hamstring the electoral process.

Democrats ‘shouldn’t be allowed to win’ election after his coronavirus response

ALLOWED?? Shouldn't be allowed, as in "making it against the law?"

#323990 - 04/07/20 10:27 PM Re: Questions [Re: perotista]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
But Trump isn't doing himself any good now that he has turned obnoxious and petty during his press conferences on CoronaVirus.

That is precisely what his supporters love about him .... spit in everyone's face ... because ... well ... he is the greatest etc etc

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2