by Greger
05/30/20 07:21 PM
Trump may be ahead!
by rporter314
05/29/20 01:29 PM
A Thought Experiment about COVID-19
by pondering_it_all
05/26/20 01:45 AM
Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse?
by Greger
05/25/20 08:59 PM
Genius: how to make of a surgical mask, an N95-equivalent
by GreatNewsTonight
05/25/20 03:51 AM
The Way We Were
by Jeffery J. Haas
05/25/20 12:46 AM
What's for dinner?
by GreatNewsTonight
05/24/20 08:18 PM
Reinfection of COVID19
by jgw
05/23/20 06:42 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16921 Topics
300227 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#323913 - 04/06/20 04:54 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
God forbid we kick him out of the White House - because Biden isn't perfect!

Oh, kick him out by all means! I'm not telling you who to vote for or why. I'm just saying that Biden will be a failure and will be replaced by a Republican in 2024.

If Trump is re-elected he will be replaced in 2024 by a Democrat.

No he won't.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Trump sprouted a huge boner the moment he learned that Viktor Orban was granted the power to rule by decree in Hungary, and that Trump is quietly gutting our democracy right now so that the ground is softened enough for him to make his move BEFORE November.

Keep whistling "It Can't Happen Here" some more.

#323914 - 04/06/20 05:39 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

As Trump supporter Aunt Lydia is literally the one who had Janine's eye removed.

Hmm

Hey when is that damn show coming back!?

#323916 - 04/06/20 06:05 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
the ground is softened enough for him to make his move BEFORE November.

Which move would that be? Trump is 74. he's not healthy, he's not particularly smart. His chances of living through a second term are questionable at best. As far as I'm aware our constitution is still valid and still takes a lot of effort to amend.

Your fantasy that Donald Trump is going to become King and rule for the next 100 years is flawed.

Getting rid of Donald Trump is like taking a cough drop for Corvid-19. It might make you feel better in the short term but you've done nothing for the disease that's killing you.

Biden's just another symptom.

#323918 - 04/06/20 06:42 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: danarhea]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Trump as king!
Trump dies in second term!

Kindofa pairing of wishful thoughts!

Thank you! (always been an admirer of wishful thinking, shows there is hope?)

#323919 - 04/06/20 07:50 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Greger]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
Biden is not going to make America great again.

No one said he would make America great again. I mean he would return America to pre-Trump normalcy, where this country is respected in the world, where we can have the credibility to lead. where we have a cogent domestic policy .... where we don't have a white supremacist bigot occupying the WH. VP Biden can do that. I don't think he has the vision to lead America into a new era. He has always been a person who followed the trends. He serves a purpose.

Should a Democrat win the election (if we have one) he,or she, will be faced with a bankrupted economy. He will have no cards to play in the global arena and of course he will have crazy right wing politicians doing everything in their power to obstruct every move he makes (and that would be the kindest way I could have typed it).

Quote:
Democrats have made it pretty clear that forward thinking candidates are not welcome in the party.
I believe that is an inappropriate conclusion. in "normal" times, your comment would probably have some validity, but in extraordinary times, with a narcissist at the helm and a complicit party supporting blatant dereliction and corruption, Democrats are rightfully concerned whether any candidate can unseat this monstrosity of presidential power. I believe the Democrat Party is a progressive party, dependent on forward thinkers (and there are plenty) to lead us into a better future. Don't allow your frustration abandon your party affiliation or affinity.

#323922 - 04/06/20 08:24 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
the ground is softened enough for him to make his move BEFORE November.

Which move would that be? Trump is 74. he's not healthy, he's not particularly smart. His chances of living through a second term are questionable at best. As far as I'm aware our constitution is still valid and still takes a lot of effort to amend.

Your fantasy that Donald Trump is going to become King and rule for the next 100 years is flawed.

Getting rid of Donald Trump is like taking a cough drop for Corvid-19. It might make you feel better in the short term but you've done nothing for the disease that's killing you.

Biden's just another symptom.

Show us how well the Constitution has protected us from Trump so far.
You ignore Constitutional rot at your peril.
No...really...I'm serious. We've all talked at length about the ConRot phenom at length here.

And it's rather remarkable that you think we even still HAVE constitutional protections, at this stage of the game.
What move, you ask? He's seventy-four?
Can you say Donald Trump, Jr installed for life?

You really ARE whistling "It Can't Happen Here" even though it is happening all over the world, in democratic republics just like ours.
Just because we are the richest doesn't matter, just a bigger nut to crack, that's all.

#323924 - 04/06/20 08:59 PM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Can you say Donald Trump, Jr installed for life?

LOLs

What I can say is that you're hysterical.
Slap yourself.
Shake it off man!
If there is an heir apparent it is Ivanka and her consort Prince Jared.

Get a grip man. This is America. Lots of things can happen here but others simply aren't within any realm of statistical probability.

I'm not going to say "it can't happen here". But I think I can safely say that the likelihood of it happening is so small that I needn't waste a single brain cell on it.

The most likely scenario is that Biden gets elected. Next up is Trump wins. If the c-virus takes out Biden then there is a small chance Bernie could be the next president....but at that point you're getting into baseless speculation.

Junior getting appointed the boss of all of us craziness, Jeffery, go take a walk.

#323937 - 04/07/20 01:29 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

LOLs

What I can say is that you're hysterical.

#323939 - 04/07/20 02:35 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

LOLs
All democratic failures of the last century are entirely the fault of non Democrats who didn't vote for a party they aren't members of.

What concessions will Biden offer the left for our votes?

I expect nothing, I don't think he realizes they even exist.

But it will be their fault if he loses.

The next president is going to get f*cked seven ways from Sunday and be left a dry withered husk. Because he cannot say yes to everyone all at once.

I sure wish Hillary was president right now.

#323940 - 04/07/20 03:23 AM Re: My vote will be for Biden, and this is why [Re: danarhea]
Livetoride Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tennessee
What the heck is so bad about a Biden/K. Harris ticket? I think it's a given that the running mate will be more left leaning and female. Understand one thing, ya have to make the platoffs to win the championship. Bernie, and others, touch a nerve in this country that have people talking. Biden has to take a serious look at that movement and adjust as he and cabinet see fit. Ya don't get real change by massive swings. It takes gradual change. Patience is indeed a virtue IMHO.
I repeat what I've said many times over the last two weeks, anything beats trump. Actually, I am way more disappointed in the republican party than I am with trump, I knew what trump was. To witness a bunch of minions let one lone playground bully totally overhaul that party out of fear of getting primaried makes me want to puke. If ya ran just to get re-elected, ya ran for the wrong reason folks.

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
1 registered (CPWILL), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2