by Greger
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Global warming predictions
by Greger
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
West Coast Burning
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Half of troops have an unfavorable opinion of President Bone Spurs
by Greger
09/08/20 08:25 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by Irked
09/08/20 04:02 AM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
The Republican Platform
by jgw
09/03/20 07:15 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
08/31/20 12:43 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pondering_it_all
08/30/20 08:06 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16994 Topics
302773 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324111 - 04/09/20 06:51 PM Re: Questions [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Doesn't matter if they are FOX News watchers and staunch Republicans. When you cut their income, you are out of there.

'at's the deal right there, old people like me might be stupid as f*ck but when the check doesn't show up there isn't a meaner and more vindictive demographic on the planet.

Trump can't snap his tiny fingers and do whatever he wants as much as Jeffery might believe it's so. Any changes like that are going to need the approval of congress.

#324121 - 04/09/20 11:13 PM Re: Questions [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
Doesn't matter if they are FOX News watchers and staunch Republicans. When you cut their income, you are out of there.

'at's the deal right there, old people like me might be stupid as f*ck but when the check doesn't show up there isn't a meaner and more vindictive demographic on the planet.

Trump can't snap his tiny fingers and do whatever he wants as much as Jeffery might believe it's so. Any changes like that are going to need the approval of congress.

With Mitch in control, no problem.
And don't forget, Trump has a yuge mushroom boner over the fact that Viktor Orban handed himself Rule by Decree last week.

Then Twumpy won't even need Congress.
I know, I know, none of you think such a thing can be possible.

It Can't Happen Here

#324134 - 04/10/20 02:44 AM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
Livetoride Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tennessee
John Grisham wrote "The Appeal" several years ago. It was Chemical company in Mississippi that appealed a lower court decision all the way to the MS supreme court. The chemical company, clearly liable, needed one more vote on the high court. The company hired a guy to go out and recruit a candidate. A young white guy with children, mediocre lawyer at best. No doubt, a sunday school teacher and the chemical company prevailed. I see this going on now more than ever. When the far right controls the Judiciary, many will revolt, but it'll be too late.

#324142 - 04/10/20 06:59 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
"another election" seems to be a belief held by all. How about "no more elections" because I fear that if Trump gets another term that is, exactly, what could easily happen. If he rids us of SS he just won't give a damn and will will go far in fixing the national debt along the way. If anybody thinks that Trump gives a damn they would would be terribly wrong. Add in that he already OWNS about 40% of the voting public and it gets a bit worrysome. Add in that only approximately 55% of the American voting public actually votes and it gets a bit more worrysome. Now, one more consideration, Hitler, when he took over, had the support of almost 40% of the German voters (slightly less than Trump's current popularity)

Considering everything, it tends to get terrifying. I suspect everybody who doesn't adore Mr. Trump, a whole lot, better be thinking it all over and be voting for anybody but Trump. The normal lackadaisical voting of the American public will be, I think, seriously tested this time around. This is REALLY a situation when I do not want to say "I told you so"...........

Those who refuse to vote for Biden, against Trump, are flirting with fire. I am sure those who did are going to feel real bad, especially if ICE changes its buttons to little skulls and come knocking on their doors.

Edited by jgw (04/10/20 07:05 PM)

#324145 - 04/10/20 09:00 PM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: jgw
"another election" seems to be a belief held by all. How about "no more elections" because I fear that if Trump gets another term that is, exactly, what could easily happen. If he rids us of SS he just won't give a damn and will will go far in fixing the national debt along the way. If anybody thinks that Trump gives a damn they would would be terribly wrong. Add in that he already OWNS about 40% of the voting public and it gets a bit worrysome. Add in that only approximately 55% of the American voting public actually votes and it gets a bit more worrysome. Now, one more consideration, Hitler, when he took over, had the support of almost 40% of the German voters (slightly less than Trump's current popularity)

Considering everything, it tends to get terrifying. I suspect everybody who doesn't adore Mr. Trump, a whole lot, better be thinking it all over and be voting for anybody but Trump. The normal lackadaisical voting of the American public will be, I think, seriously tested this time around. This is REALLY a situation when I do not want to say "I told you so"...........

Those who refuse to vote for Biden, against Trump, are flirting with fire. I am sure those who did are going to feel real bad, especially if ICE changes its buttons to little skulls and come knocking on their doors.

The man was already talking like he's about to declare martial law this morning. He claims that he has the authority and the power to order states to rescind their stay-at-home rules.
Think about it, he's basically saying he can order Americans "back to work" in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

Sounding and acting more and more like General Jaruzelski every minute of every day.

#324148 - 04/10/20 11:06 PM Re: Questions [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
perotista Offline
journeyman

I heard basically the same thing you're saying about Trump, some Republicans were saying about Obama. Some were totally convinced Obama would find a way to postpone or do away with the 2016 elections and make himself president for life.

If you were on DP during that time frame you probably remember them.

As an aside, it seems to me the left has always wanted to do away with states rights and bring all the power to the federal government. Now it seems your afraid Trump and the federal government will use its power over the states. There are times I wonder if absolute power is fine and good as long as the president and government is controlled by my political party and really, really bad if the other party has the presidency.

In other words, having the federal government over ride states rights is fine and good as long as the federal government is using its force to accomplish my agenda. The states ought to have their rights when the federal government is using their power to enforce the other party's agenda on the states.

This is one of my main reasons why I never belonged to or associated with either major party. Way too many times I have seen if I do it, its good, but if the other guy does exactly the same thing it's bad. All I want is consistency.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#324150 - 04/10/20 11:13 PM Re: Questions [Re: perotista]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: perotista
I heard basically the same thing you're saying about Trump, some Republicans were saying about Obama. Some were totally convinced Obama would find a way to postpone or do away with the 2016 elections and make himself president for life.

Show me a single example where Obama said or did anything in that vein.

#324182 - 04/11/20 02:03 AM Re: Questions [Re: jgw]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Here's exactly what I said, "I heard basically the same thing you're saying about Trump, some Republicans were saying about Obama. Some were totally convinced Obama would find a way to postpone or do away with the 2016 elections and make himself president for life."

I never said that Obama said that, I said Some Republicans.

I also added if you were on DP back then, you'd probably remember them.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#324184 - 04/11/20 02:29 AM Re: Questions [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
There's always talk like that about presidents, it gets more traction now that the internet can spread bullshyte at a rate faster than the speed of light.

#324185 - 04/11/20 03:17 AM Re: Questions [Re: perotista]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: perotista
Here's exactly what I said, "I heard basically the same thing you're saying about Trump, some Republicans were saying about Obama. Some were totally convinced Obama would find a way to postpone or do away with the 2016 elections and make himself president for life."

I never said that Obama said that, I said Some Republicans.

I also added if you were on DP back then, you'd probably remember them.

And that's the fundamental difference.
Unlike Obama, Trump IS on record as expressing much more than wistful thoughts of hanging onto power by extraordinary means.
His defenders insist he's just joking.
Trump does not joke.

There are Republicans who are convinced he will not leave in November if he loses, never mind everyone else. Max Boot is on record as being somewhat of the mindset that Trump will attempt an all-out effort at denying the legitimacy of any election that does not show victory by a margin of fifty electoral votes or more.
Basically, almost anything short of a landslide and folks like Boot agree he will try to tie it up in courts for as long as he can.

Yes, I AM aware that his term runs out next Jan anwyay, however in the interim it's possible he can entertain all kinds of scorched Earth gambits designed to cripple the country further.

In 2014 he said in a TV interview that he thought crashing the economy would help him get his way. He wasn't joking then either.
Trump does not joke.

Comparing Trump to Obama is comparing wolves and tangerines, so you might consider just letting it go, because it's a failed analogy from the git-go and always was.

PS: My oldest brother screamed about Jade Helm and Obama Martial Law for the better part of the year.
I LIVE less than an eighth of a mile from the Wal Mart in Pico Rivera CA that he claimed was a key FEMA point of operations.
I have a good friend who is a divorcee who was living in his RV in that parking lot the entire time.
He never saw ANYTHING.

Wolves and tangerines.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
1 registered (rporter314), 27 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2