by pdx rick
03:20 AM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pondering_it_all
12:43 AM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by pondering_it_all
12:38 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
10:13 PM
Little Houses
by pondering_it_all
09:42 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by jgw
07:30 PM
Mysteries not solved
by jgw
06:29 PM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
07/08/20 11:07 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16960 Topics
301109 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324617 - 04/21/20 12:58 PM Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse?
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
If there is, I’m not seeing it. Maybe somebody here with a better understanding of such things can map it out for me? Thanks.

#324620 - 04/21/20 01:42 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: logtroll]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Thomas Paine idea for Basic Income... thought provoking.

Two kinds of wealth - that which a person creates, and that which exists naturally

#324624 - 04/21/20 04:42 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: logtroll]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: logtroll
If there is, I’m not seeing it. Maybe somebody here with a better understanding of such things can map it out for me? Thanks.

Is this the theory that no one will buy a vaccine?

Tell me, how are folks working from home nowadays? Anyone gotten on Zoom lately? smile

#324625 - 04/21/20 04:52 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Are the folks working from home making cars, building houses, producing food, distributing goods?

Nawp, they're they're phoning in orders to the folks who can't work from home.

How much you charging for that vaccine? Where can I get it? I've heard there is a powder which is readily available that cures it so no one else has to die. Louie Gomert told me that...

And what the feck is Zoom?

#324627 - 04/21/20 07:10 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: logtroll]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Anybody who can offer an easy and fairly reliable at-home antibody test for sale on Amazon, is going to make a fortune. We've done this for years for everything from pregnancy to THC. No reason we can't do it for SARS-COV2 antibodies. You would think Trump would be on Twitter every day demanding this, since it is the major obstacle to getting some people back to work.

Sure, not 100% safe. But FAR better than just sending everybody back to work without testing. And remember: PCR testing for the virus has a 30-40% false negative rate.

#324632 - 04/21/20 08:03 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: logtroll]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Last I heard there are over 40 antibody tests but only 1 has been authorized. I am not sure about the authorize thing. Seems to me that its taking waaay too long and I have often wondered if Trump has a tight hold on that agency and tends to hold those back who are not produced by them that 'contribute'. I googled "authorized covid-19 antibody test" and found a pile of stuff. Apparently there is only one covid-19 antibody test that has FDA approval. the University of Washington is going to be testing with a test from Abbot labs which is interesting because, as far as I can tell they swear by it but the FDA has not approved it. its interesting. The FDA has approved very little, when it comes to Covid-19.

I do know that when they really start to seriously test for covid-19 antibodies it will be a geniune game changer. So far there have been a couple of tests and they have both said that 60% of those tested seem to have the covid-19 antibody. The theory is that also means that they have had the virus and survived and, again in theory, can't get it again and also can't give it to somebody else. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, those two things have not actually been proven but, we are told, they are likely to be true. If that is the case then we have a game changer as all those, who have survived, can all go back to work. If you add in that it seems that there may be 60% of the population who have had covid-19 and survived, even if they were not aware of having had the virus!

I do know that there are a LOT of people working on this stuff, worldwide, and they are learning more and more stuff about the virus every day. Amazon, apparent, is setting up its own lab to develop their own serological tests for covid-19. (there are a LOT of places working on this one, the race is on, and its only a matter of time?)

#324633 - 04/21/20 09:14 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: pondering_it_all]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Anybody who can offer an easy and fairly reliable at-home antibody test for sale on Amazon, is going to make a fortune. We've done this for years for everything from pregnancy to THC. No reason we can't do it for SARS-COV2 antibodies. You would think Trump would be on Twitter every day demanding this, since it is the major obstacle to getting some people back to work.

I'm generally pretty skeptical of government trying to steer market conclusions, but, this strikes me as an EXCELLENT place for government to offer an award for the first, second, and third companies to independently come up with such a thing.

#324634 - 04/21/20 09:15 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: Greger]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Are the folks working from home making cars, building houses, producing food, distributing goods?

Nawp, they're they're phoning in orders to the folks who can't work from home.

How much you charging for that vaccine? Where can I get it? I've heard there is a powder which is readily available that cures it so no one else has to die. Louie Gomert told me that...

And what the feck is Zoom?

smile Zoom is the new Skype - internet meetings, conference calls, and the like. You end up looking kind of like the Brady Bunch intro - everyone's face in a different box on your screen.

#324637 - 04/21/20 11:29 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: logtroll]
logtroll Offline
veteran

That little topic went off the rails in a hurry...

#324638 - 04/21/20 11:47 PM Re: Is there a free market solution for the pandemic and economic collapse? [Re: CPWILL]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Zoom is the new multi-person meeting software for people working at home, but it seems people have no clue how to use it. Several group meeting have included background shots of spouses walking around naked, getting into the shower, meeting participants in various states of undress, etc.

Very embarrassing for the one who screwed up, but good for a laugh all around. Adds a bit of humor in these difficult times.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2