by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Little Houses
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pdx rick
07/06/20 05:30 AM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16960 Topics
301091 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326003 - 05/24/20 12:11 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: Greger]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quote:
I don't think it's even going to be close

I sincerely hope you are correct Greger, but so far am not sold on your prediction. Trump to me seems to me like the monster in the endless stream of horror movies who, when one thinks he is gone and finished "for good", he slowly starts twitching.. then bit by bit arises from the muck to wreak even more havoc on his hapless prey.

Trumps fans love him for that, the religious fanatics use him for their gainful purposes (and Trump gladly reciprocates--open the churches!), the fanatics holding their noses while he delivers the SCOTUS judges they long for, and big business types are all over him. Zero taxes and abolition of pollution rules are the best! Not to mention the “Spic-less” walls of “fortitude."

And Trump plays to all of them from his Nero fiddle because it absolutely does work, he is simply the Paganini of that screeching fiddle.. Trump may appear to be a fool to the “libs” but he is an absolute genius at political manipulation that works for his side. With an absolute understanding of modern media subtleties and how to make them work for his/their benefit. Donald Trump can say anything that pops into his mind directly in front of a camera and no matter how outrageous it might seem to “libs” it simply does not matter to his fans. Trump fans relish in the glow of the “lib owning” and fact simply do not matter. Facts are malleable anyway..no?

Add into that all of the outside machine trolling, the continuous bombardment of Trump/Fox media enterprises, and various other internet foreign and domestic troll farms, and you've got yourself quite a very formidable political enterprise.

Remember this: Donald Trump holds no political positions whatsoever, nor does he care about any of them--yet he absolutely does if they work for his current political purposes. The positions he holds are those of a given moment he believes will prove most popular to his base (phuck the face masks!), hence help him in the short term, to promote himself in the very immediate future. And then hopefully in the intermediate term. There is no long term in Trumps vision. Right now six months at ‘best'. If things “go well” 4.5 years. After that who gives a chit.

When the music is played “right" and the melodies and harmonies conspire to make sweet music for specific ears, that is a tough nut for an opposition candidate to supersede.

Donald Trump is not going away easily, .....if ever at all. I would love more than anything to be proven wrong, and very hopefully I shall be. Please “Dog”... let me be proven wrong.

But at this point I am not counting on it.

#326006 - 05/24/20 12:45 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: Ken Condon]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Not counting on it? PFFFT. So you'll spend the next 6 months worrying yourself silly over it.

I might be wrong and Trump might win. But I'm going to sleep peacefully every night until then believing he will be beaten on every front and chased from office in disgrace.

#326008 - 05/24/20 12:51 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: Greger]
GreatNewsTonight Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Not counting on it? PFFFT. So you'll spend the next 6 months worrying yourself silly over it.

I might be wrong and Trump might win. But I'm going to sleep peacefully every night until then believing he will be beaten on every front and chased from office in disgrace.

I think Trump is the favorite to win in November. To beat him, Biden needs to do very well in many fronts, and we know that he is a gaffe machine; he has just compromised his position with the demographic that supports him the most, blacks.
Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

#326012 - 05/24/20 04:36 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: GreatNewsTonight]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I'm cool either way really. I'd rather be rid of Trump but I play a long game. Trump is angling toward using mail in ballots to declare election results null and void. He's got the Supreme Court in his pocket and he's got the Senate. He's got the military too.

He can pull it off.

He can have himself declared the winner. He can become President For Life just like in the backwater African nations! His daughter will serve as his Second and inherit the presidency.

And we get to watch it all go down from the comfort of our living rooms.

#326019 - 05/24/20 06:15 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
First, we really don't know if "He's got the Supreme Court in his pocket" or not. we Won't know until they start ruling on things that specifically deal with Trump - like his tax returns and not allowing any oversight. Until then ...........

My problem with the November election is that, up here in the state of Washington, the Democrats, as far as anybody I know can tell, are doing absolutely NOTHING! Well, except for constantly begging for money. There are also several lefty organization which used to show up for the party who are also silent. At the very least one would think that the left talking heads of TV would at least in passing mention all the free exposure that Trump continues to get whilst Biden is, for all practical purposes completely ignored. Instead, what I see, is the so-called lefty talking heads eager to mention crap like the accusation from the woman who couldn't keep her story straight, and some minor lapses in Biden mouth. We also have the purists who, at the drop of a hat, will rip Biden a new one for simply existing.

There are reasons that there are polls and talking heads who are absolutely convinced that Trump will win the next one and that the Dems seem dead on almost arrival. I think their strategy is for Trump to sink his own ship. Anybody who depends on Trump to do ANYTHING has a serious problem with wishful thinking as a reality.

#326024 - 05/24/20 07:27 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: GreatNewsTonight]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: GreatNewsTonight
I think Trump is the favorite to win in November.

You think that a guy who kills 100,000 Americans through incompetence is "favored to win?"

crazy

#326030 - 05/24/20 09:17 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: pdx rick]
GreatNewsTonight Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: GreatNewsTonight
I think Trump is the favorite to win in November.

You think that a guy who kills 100,000 Americans through incompetence is "favored to win?"

Wow. It's a good thing you haven't bred and passed on your DNA.

crazy

Don't for a second confound acknowledging that beating him will be difficult (in great part due to voting suppression, fraud, and all sorts of dirty tricks, plus his judicial support) with rooting for Trump in any way, shape, or form. I hate Trump. The main reason I combat excessive optimism by the people who like me want him defeated in November, is because complacency is the way to lose, like in 2016. All hands on deck will be necessary to beat him, and underestimating him is a grave mistake.

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.

#326096 - 05/26/20 02:10 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Just beating Trump is not enough. We need to turn the Senate, too. Republicans need to be defeated utterly for their many crimes against the Republic to be punished. It has to LOOK like punishment, not just loss of one election. Hopefully a few of the conservative SC justices will retire or die, too, so we can turn that oil tanker around.

#326108 - 05/26/20 05:48 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I think a con man can convince an appropriate number of voters in key states to win.

Keep an eye on Senate Committees which are investigating the FBI and Hunter Biden. Their reports will come out about 14 days before election and both will claim VP Biden is corrupt in a way Mr Trump is not and the "deep state" was alive and well trying to overthrow Mr Trump.

For a huge chunk of ignorant voters, that will be enough ... only Mr Trump can save America from the swamp and lead a real economic recovery.

Gee I am almost ready to board the Trump train ... it sounds so good.

#326110 - 05/26/20 05:55 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

As many of you Ranters already know, Trump tends to go on these severe Twitter rampages. Lately his Tweets have become really dark, and of course, untruthful.

Trump has ‘weaponized’ his Twitter account and in doings so, has provided a window into his diseased mind.

Hmm

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2