Current Topics
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
5 minutes 1 second ago
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by Greger
12 minutes 45 seconds ago
Little Houses
by Greger
20 minutes 46 seconds ago
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by Greger
34 minutes 50 seconds ago
What's the Democratic Party doing?
by Greger
47 minutes 17 seconds ago
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 01:06 AM
covid-19 cure
by jgw
07/10/20 06:53 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by pondering_it_all
07/10/20 12:38 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
07/08/20 11:07 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16961 Topics
301186 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326146 - 05/27/20 08:30 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: rporter314
...It is not about who is more popular nationally, but who has more votes in those critical battleground states.

This is how ol' Joe wins:
  • Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona: Biden wins all three states — his best option, given the political environment.
  • Michigan and Pennsylvania + two congressional districts — Nebraska-02 and Maine-02.
  • The Rust Belt: Biden wins Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
  • Michigan and the Sunbelt: Biden carries Michigan, Arizona and North Carolina.
  • Florida +1: Biden carries Florida, getting him to 261 electoral votes. A win in any of the other battleground states would put him well past 270.

#326147 - 05/27/20 11:38 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: jgw]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Currently or as of today, Biden has a 4 point lead in Arizona, Biden by 3 in Florida, by 6 in Michigan, tied in North Carolina, Biden by 7 in Pennsylvania, by 9 in Wisconsin and believe it or not, tied with Trump in Georgia.

Now it's Trump by 1 in Texas. All these states are winnable. More than enough to top 270 electoral votes with ease even without North Carolina, Georgia and Texas. Heck, more than enough to top 300.

If one delves deeper into all these state polls, one find the reason Biden is ahead is he is winning independents over. That is something Hillary didn't do or couldn't do. Now this doesn't mean this will be how November looks or ends. But it has to be encouraging. Especially in states like Texas and Georgia which are suppose to be safe Trump, but ain't.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#326153 - 05/28/20 03:13 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: perotista]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Georgia, Florida, and Texas have not yet begun the disenfranchisement fight. NC a tossup.

And of course we will definitely have the October Surprise ... which is no surprise at all. Senate Republicans have begun two different investigations which could impact the Independent voter.

First we have the Hunter Biden hearings. Doesn't really matter what they find, I can write the report now .... o sorry they have already written their report, just waiting on the show. And if you don't know what will be in it ... then you just woke up from a Rip Van Winkle.

Second, we have investigation into Russia investigators. The DEEP STATE will be front and center. And much like the Comey letter, there will be theatrics involved.

Timing is important. Expect last week of October for the bombshells.

Remember .... despite the fact the Russians may not like Mr Trump, they would rather have him in office than almost anyone else of either party.

So in 2016, Mr Trump went into last weeks of campaign expecting to lose because almost every poll picked Sec Clinton to win. Does it sound familiar???

#326156 - 05/28/20 06:09 AM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Georgia, Florida, and Texas have not yet begun the disenfranchisement fight.

Au contraire. smile

05/27/20 | Texas SC: Lack of immunity to coronavirus alone isn’t enough for mail-in ballot

Hmm

#326158 - 05/28/20 01:58 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

sorry ... but that is baseline disenfranchisement here in Texas.

Texas has not begun to fight ... disenfranchising potential Democrat voters.

#326159 - 05/28/20 03:43 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

sorry ... but that is baseline disenfranchisement here in Texas.

Texas has not begun to fight ... disenfranchising potential Democrat voters.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant that Texas has not yet begun disenfranchising voters.

You meant disenfranchised voters have not begun to fight back. Got it.

smile

#326162 - 05/28/20 05:34 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I haven't heard much about disenfranchisement here. We've had some battles over Gerrymandering but there hasn't been that business of closing polls in the barrios and the quarters.

I can't even begin to explain my disgust for these kinds of tactics.

I've mentioned before that the Post Office needs to be put in charge of all elections. Any time a government entity wants to have an election they simply contract the Post Office to deliver ballots, count them, and announce results. Your zip code will be your district. There would be no further use for the electoral college.

Voter registration should be automatic and nonpartisan. It's only a matter of time until everything goes digital.

To encourage voting I'd make it a lottery too. A chance to win a million bucks every time you vote!

If I was the king of the world....

#326164 - 05/28/20 06:06 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Honest Elections Project

#326174 - 05/28/20 10:37 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Actually I think my 40% is 40% of the votes submitted and NOT the entire public. When, for instance, we have a vote which involves over 50% of the electorate its a landslide and i think that 50% is 50% of all qualified voters. I think that means that 50% of the public that can vote did. What I am trying to say that the number of voters that actually vote would be the "voting public" My 40% is, I think, 40% of those who actually voted and not 40% of those who can vote. As far as I can tell the percentage of those who can vote, and do, always seem to be less than 50% or very close to it.

Anyway, I also think that if everybody who can vote did vote, there would be a LOT more people voting. Its my understanding that when that happens then the Democrats are the ones that win it all. The problem remains getting them all to vote! I wonder, for instance, just how much of the Trump base makes up when talking about all those who CAN vote, not those that vote.

I just read what I wrote. I think I am incredibly confused on this one but I also think its something that needs explanation.

#326176 - 05/28/20 11:18 PM Re: Trump may be ahead! [Re: Greger]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Quote:
Voter registration should be automatic and nonpartisan. It's only a matter of time until everything goes digital.
Don't count on it, if Republicans remain in power.

Currently House Republicans are fighting the Democrats use of proxy voting as a Constitutional issue. The reality is no one has given up their Constitutional obligation to represent the people who elected them, but that is precisely what Republicans are saying. The Democrat proxy vote is Representative A, who has entrusted Representative B, who is physically present on House floor, to cast Rep A's vote. Rep B has not subsumed Rep A's vote.

Now if Republicans are fighting this good sense regime to conduct business, they would certainly be against anything which would expand voter turnout, especially if it is technologically advanced, which to them may imply liberal bias as well as increased Democrat voters.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2