Current Topics
Mandating Idioticracy
by NW Ponderer
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by pdx rick
01:36 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pdx rick
01:36 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by Greger
03:17 AM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by Greger
03:11 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pdx rick
10:13 PM
Tucker Carlson’s head writer outed: Obscene racism and homophobia exposed
by logtroll
09:43 PM
What's the Democratic Party doing?
by jgw
07:05 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
12:47 AM
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
07/14/20 11:15 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by jgw
07/14/20 07:49 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
07/14/20 12:01 PM
Coronavirus - everyone was/is wrong?
by pondering_it_all
07/14/20 04:27 AM
Little Houses
by jgw
07/13/20 07:04 PM
covid-19 cure
by jgw
07/10/20 06:53 PM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
07/08/20 11:07 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16964 Topics
301281 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326198 - 05/29/20 08:23 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: CPWILL
With that I lost my ability to vote for a recognizable major party.

Maybe I'll vote for James Mattis this year. At least then I wouldn't feel ashamed.

Oh c'mon, vote for Trump - you know you want to. smile

#326200 - 05/29/20 08:37 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Anybody who puts themselves between Donald Trump and re-election puts themselves, their family, and their friends in danger.

Death threats come to anyone and everyone who does not bow down before him. No good will come of any third party candidacy in this race. Amash is just showing good common sense.

There is no shame in withholding your vote CP. Neither candidate deserves your vote. Hang in there though, Libertarianism might soon be making a big comback!

And airlines will be replaced by flying pigs.

#326201 - 05/29/20 09:50 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
With that I lost my ability to vote for a recognizable major party.

Maybe I'll vote for James Mattis this year. At least then I wouldn't feel ashamed.

Oh c'mon, vote for Trump - you know you want to. smile

A bizarre claim. But no, I no more intend to lend my name in support of that child-monster than I intend to jam my personals into an automatic pencil sharpener.

#326203 - 05/29/20 11:08 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: Greger]
CPWILL Offline

:p Yeah, there isn't much popular support for a Liberty Platform. I'll not vote for no one (probably), but there are some lines you can't cross.

#326206 - 05/30/20 01:24 AM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

:p Yeah, there isn't much popular support for a Liberty Platform. I'll not vote for no one (probably), but there are some lines you can't cross.

The same reason why I don't vote in 2016.. smile , Hmm But you DID vote in 2016, what changed this time? coffee

#326207 - 05/30/20 01:42 AM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Up until the 'rona showed up I had no intention to vote for Biden.

Now that we've entered this post-apocalyptic era I feel its my bounden duty to do all I can to remove Trump.

#326208 - 05/30/20 01:48 AM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:

Up until the 'rona showed up I had no intention to vote for Biden.

Now that we've entered this post-apocalyptic era I feel its my bounden duty to do all I can to remove Trump.

Thank you Gregor. smile , Bow

I'm looking forward to BAMZ!!! and Michelle campaigning for ol' Joe. Let's kick some conTARD ass this fall. Let's get rid of Moscow "Mitch" McTurtle, Miss Lindsey and Susan Collins while we're at and pick-up oh...six or seven Senate seats to boot.

laugh

#326213 - 05/30/20 01:28 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

2016 was the first time in the Libertarian Party's history that its candidate received more than one percent of the vote for the presidency. Johnson received 3.28%. That was 4,488,919 votes. But receiving that many votes I believe was because our two major parties nominated the most disliked and unwanted candidates in our history. Watch for the Libertarian candidate to fall back to their normal below one percent this year. In September of 2016 Johnson was as high as 9% in the polls.

I do think these third party candidates serve a purpose. It give those who don't like nor want either major party candidate a means of voicing their disdain for both. It also give those same folks a reason to get out and vote to officially register their displeasure of the two major party candidates. Third parties fulfilling this function actually enhance voter participation.

According to CNN's exit polls when they asked third party voters who they would have voted for if there hadn't been any third party candidate on the ballot, 65% said they wouldn't have voted. The rest, 19% said they'd have voted for Trump, 16% for Clinton. So in reality, third party voters didn't take votes away for either major party candidate as most would have just stayed home.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls/national/president
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#326217 - 05/30/20 03:57 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: perotista]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: perotista
...I do think these third party candidates serve a purpose. It give those who don't like nor want either major party candidate a means of voicing their disdain for both.

I would also say that the same voters who vote third-party have the delusion that somehow their candidate will become president.

ROTFMOL

The mental illness is strong in these folks. smile

#326218 - 05/30/20 05:06 PM Re: Michigan Rep. Justin Amash Takes Step Toward Libertarian Presidential Bid [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
OR they always vote but had no real choices?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
1 registered (Irked), 27 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2