by Greger
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:40 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by Greger
08/06/20 06:36 PM
What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems?
by pondering_it_all
08/05/20 12:13 AM
Normal Stuff
by pondering_it_all
08/03/20 10:07 PM
A possible solution to rental problems.
by Irked
08/01/20 12:21 AM
Ongoing Slavery
by jgw
07/31/20 05:06 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/29/20 01:33 AM
Seattle had a Riot!
by jgw
07/28/20 06:17 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
07/25/20 08:08 PM
Collections
by Greger
07/24/20 11:08 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pondering_it_all
07/24/20 09:35 PM
Deranged Trump supporter suspected in murdering son of judge
by Greger
07/24/20 05:54 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by logtroll
07/24/20 12:07 PM
Chad Wolf
by pdx rick
07/24/20 03:54 AM
why cities won't be able to stop Trump's secret police
by jgw
07/23/20 07:06 PM
Fox News anchor shared fabricated tweet in attempt to smear AOC
by rporter314
07/22/20 03:11 AM
We have now reached peak Libertarianism - and it is literally killing us
by jgw
07/21/20 07:07 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16977 Topics
301775 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326468 - 06/09/20 08:44 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: pdx rick]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ
It's just amazing how all the voting machine problems just happen to occur in largely black areas.

https://apnews.com/e7ea6e919fadb995c407eea3a4450176

#326469 - 06/09/20 10:27 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: Greger]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
Wealthiest, most powerful, nation on a globe with a standard of living unmatched in human history and an imperfect but generally steady and increasing protection of individual liberties?

Fair enough. I'll take that hit. laugh

Have you asked George Floyd about the protection of his individual liberties?

I don't know. Have you spent much time discussing it with the Uighurs?

The perfect is not a proper enemy of the good - nor does the existence of abuse make what I wrote untrue.

Quote:
If he was alive to answer he might disagree. But if you ask the wealthy and powerful you find them all on your side. They are none of my concern. They'll get along fine. The boog bois are cowards. Did you see the one shooting arrows into the crowd? They won't go toe to toe with anyone because they are pussies. But they want the same things you do.

A law forbidding used car salesmen from making their own television commercials?

Quote:
Did you see the cops pushing down the old white man? They're Boog Boi cosplayers too. Respect Ma Authoratah! A cosplay that comes with a license to kill.

These are your people CP.

I see everything through a Marxist lens, y'know?

Yeah. So does the CCP. So did Lenin. So did Castro, and so do and did the host of cruel tyrants below them all who trampled tens of millions of George Floyds into the mud. You want to talk incredibly repressive and abusive governments who have horrific human rights records and care not whether they trample on those they rule? TheDictatorship by those who claim to speak on behalf of the proletariat? That would be your people. wink

Quote:
I'm convinced that the Big Bang was the culmination of the eternal class struggle in another Universe and our concept of The Tetragrammaton, is the leader of one of the factions whose spirit got sucked through into this universe as his own was being destroyed. An Elder God in the Lovecraftian sense.

What were we talking about anyway...

laugh I'm convinced that some artificial substances have played no small role in the development of that idea laugh

#326470 - 06/09/20 10:30 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: CPWILL
Have you spent much time discussing it with the Uighurs?

Because being oppressed by a government (China in this case) solely because of your religion is the same as being oppressed by racist white ignorant American individuals because of the color of your skin.

I think that's called a false-equivalency. Your mileage may vary. coffee

#326471 - 06/09/20 10:32 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: Hamish Howl]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl

Wealthiest, most powerful, nation on a globe with a standard of living unmatched in human history

Norway and New Zealand would like a word.

They're welcome to have it.

Quote:
Quote:
and an imperfect but generally steady and increasing protection of individual liberties?

Eric Garner and George Floyd would like a word.

Same answer to you as the answer above to Gregor (shrug). The perfect is not the enemy of the good, nor does the existence of abuses make what I wrote untrue. Even when you criticize Western Civilization, you depend upon it's own moral code to do so. I will happily take it over the alternatives.

#326472 - 06/09/20 10:33 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Have you spent much time discussing it with the Uighurs?

Because being oppressed by a government (China in this case) solely because of your religion is the same as being oppressed by racist white ignorant American individuals because of the color of your skin.

I think that's called a false-equivalency. Your mileage may vary. coffee

smile It's not intended to be considered equivalent. What is happening to the Uighurs is an order of magnitude or more worse than what African Americans face in this country today. That was the point.

#326473 - 06/09/20 10:34 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: Hamish Howl]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl
It's just amazing how all the voting machine problems just happen to occur in largely black areas.

https://apnews.com/e7ea6e919fadb995c407eea3a4450176

Careful, someone might try to discount that fact as a "claim."

rolleyes, Hmm, coffee

#326474 - 06/09/20 10:52 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Wait! What?!? :doh:

It's not intended to be considered equivalent.

What is happening to the Uighurs is an order of magnitude or more worse than what African Americans face in this country today. That was the point.

You just made it an equivalency. LOL

#326478 - 06/10/20 12:59 AM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Wait! What?!? :doh:

It's not intended to be considered equivalent.

What is happening to the Uighurs is an order of magnitude or more worse than what African Americans face in this country today. That was the point.

You just made it an equivalency. LOL

...No. To put forth an equivalency is to ascribe at least rough equality. I was making precisely the opposite point - that the two are nowhere near equal.

Edited by CPWILL (06/10/20 12:59 AM)

#326480 - 06/10/20 01:03 AM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

...No. To put forth an equivalency is to ascribe at least rough equality. I was making precisely the opposite point - that the two are nowhere near equal.

Your pseudo-intellectually is completely laughable. Try learning what words mean before you try to opine in public discussions. Just a thought. smile

#326488 - 06/10/20 05:58 PM Re: The Far-Right's Civil War aka "boogaloo" [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Your pseudo-intellectually is completely laughable. Try learning what words mean before you try to opine in public discussions. Just a thought. smile

laugh Irony Much? smile

Equivalence: The state or condition of being equivalent; equality.
the state of being equivalent or interchangeable
the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.

As I said - to put forth an equivalency is to claim that two items are roughly equal in the matter being discussed. I not only didn't do that, the point that the two were not equivalent was precisely the one I was making.

Edited by CPWILL (06/10/20 05:59 PM)

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2