Current Topics
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
0 seconds ago
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
Today at 01:05 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
Today at 12:50 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Little Houses
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16960 Topics
301092 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326338 - 06/03/20 02:23 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: perotista
...why Atlanta?

White privilege will never understands black solidarity. Hmm

What white privilege in Atlanta? It's a black fully run city. No whites in position of authority. What are they protesting in Atlanta, why the looting, riots etc in Atlanta. Protesting against the black mayor, protesting against the black police chief, against the majority black police force, against the local justice system which has a majority of black justices, against the majority black city council?

What white privilege in Atlanta? The only thing I can think of is the protest against all authority, authority wield by blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, perhaps the race of those in charge means nothing.

You can't blame what is happening in Atlanta on racism, white privilege, there's no whites in charge of anything. Atlanta is a totally black run city.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#326339 - 06/03/20 04:30 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
It's not the folks in charge, Pero, don't much matter who they are or what color...it's the system. A system that keeps poor people of all colors and creeds poor, sick, and uneducated. A system that favors the wealthy and the powerful above everyone else in a nation where freedom and justice is promised to all.

#326343 - 06/03/20 06:02 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Speaking of the system, here's a pretty nice article about the two very different versions of rights and social contract that lies at the root of these protests:

Trump Cannot Descalate

Quote:
To cause more police brutality in the midst of a protest against police brutality is perfectly consistent with Trump’s actions in power. Trump defaults to white innocence and black guilt. He told cops not to be “too nice” in 2017 and pardoned Sheriff Joe Arpaio—one of the more abusive monsters in the carceral system, famous for torturing the people in his care. He advocated for the Central Park Five to remain incarcerated despite their proven innocence. Of course he’s expanding America’s two-tier system of policing. A right-winger’s fever dream of carte-blanche permissiveness, Trump has clarified that there will be no limits at all on what his supporters can do in public spaces—invade government buildings armed to the teeth, scream at police, defy local government, attack fellow citizens—while openly and gleefully bludgeoning opponents who protest peacefully.

#326349 - 06/03/20 06:44 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I tend to believe that them acting out are the poor. Regardless of who is in charge the poor continue to get screwed over. They don't vote and they are POOR! This, I think, has to do with the division of wealth and the poor don't get that much of the pie. Then there is our media that tends to display this division for all to see, every day. Even the poor have TV's

How does it go? Something like "the poor will will always be with us" or something like that. The 'poor' is also a moving target. During the depression there was a march on the Washington state capital. A group of traveling Russians attended and were shocked. They pointed out that everybody on the march must have been rich as everybody had a car. Apparently, in Russia only the rich had cars. The problem is that the poor know when they are at the bottom of the pile - in their pile. This being the case we have a society that is constantly showing how them not at the bottom of the pile get to live. Over time I think that probably is like being forced to have something in your shoe that irritates but, for some reason, never gets fixed. Same with the poor. So, we have the poor acting out and a pile of them that are not 'helping'.

Oh, that story was told me by a philosophy professor at the University of Washington. Interesting guy. He lost his job because he used to be a Communist and McCarthy came along. He quit the party after understanding that the stock market allows everybody to take part in the wealth of the nation.

Just saying..............

#326353 - 06/03/20 08:13 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: perotista]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
...why Atlanta?

What white privilege in Atlanta?

The comment was directed towards YOU. rolleyes

#326355 - 06/03/20 09:35 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

...why Atlanta?

Considering who's in charge, I see none.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#326356 - 06/03/20 09:46 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: Greger]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Greger
It's not the folks in charge, Pero, don't much matter who they are or what color...it's the system. A system that keeps poor people of all colors and creeds poor, sick, and uneducated. A system that favors the wealthy and the powerful above everyone else in a nation where freedom and justice is promised to all.

Now this I understand. It's not a black/white issue as so many portray. There's many who say I have led a sheltered life. By that I mean 21 years active duty in the Army, another 26 working for the army as a civilian. Race, religion, I don't think many ever thought of that. No one ever turned around to the one who had your back covered and asked what race are you or what religion. We were a team, family. We were comrades in arms, brothers and sisters in uniform.

I never understood the mentality of civilians, the emphasis some put on race and religion. Now the military has it flaws, not perfect. But the military has the advantage that it can discharge its trouble makers, it racist if you will, the non-conformist. For the most you rise to the rank you deserve based on your skills and merits. Not on race or religion.

#326358 - 06/04/20 01:44 AM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: perotista]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Considering who's in charge, I see none.

People of white privilege never do, is my point. smile

#326360 - 06/04/20 03:12 AM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
My impression is that the army of the US, more than any other service, may be a special case. They have been integrated for a LONG time. And it's not just lip service. There are Black, Hispanic, and Asian people throughout the ranks.

#326366 - 06/04/20 04:52 PM Re: Burn and Destroy [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I think that's pretty much universal in our military.

What I don't understand are the guards that have appeared in DC that nobody knows or even where they come from. The TV keeps referring to them that way as well. These are, apparently, not the prison guards from Texas or the national guard.

One can only wonder, White nationalists, Supremacists?

Given how the military is reacting to all this stuff one can only REALLY wonder! What comes to mind is that Trump is actually going to make a move?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2