by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16997 Topics
302952 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326593 - 06/14/20 12:29 AM Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

On Saturday, writing for the conservative blog Red State, Black commentator Kira Davis laid into right-wing activist Candace Owens.

Quote:
“I have tried to forge my own path in this business and respect the voices of other black commentators even when they diverge from my own opinions,” wrote Davis. “Sadly, I’ve not been allowed to follow this path. The public and what my colleague Jeff Charles calls ‘Conservative, Inc.’ have made it nearly impossible for me to ignore certain pundits who make my job harder every day. I can no longer stay silent, even in the face of the slings and arrows I know I’ll get for expressing myself here. Candace Owens is a problem.”

- Red State.com

CPWILL will probably be chiming in that Black commentator Kira Davis laying-into right-wing black activist Candace Owens is racist any minute now...because he "understands" what the term 'racist' means so well. smile

#326600 - 06/14/20 03:38 AM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Candace Owens is a typical "Uncle Tom," - a term black Americans gave to other black Americans who sided with their white oppressors.

Owens and others like her desire the approval of their white peers and have bought into the idea that they’re “not like the others” of their own racial or ethnic group. They’ve bought into the dominant culture’s bias against their own people, and deemed themselves to this righteous exceptions to this self-concocted rule.

Conservatives, who have been known to cheat black people of their proper political representation, curtail their civil rights, slash programs that help minority businesses and poor people, invent phrases like ‘race-neutral’ to hang a veil over rank discrimination using racist ‘dog-whistling’ to reach their base, embrace the likes of Candace Owens, Ben Carson and former Representative Mia Love.

In this woke change in America right now, the George Floyd protests highlight the nonchalance in which white racists and bigots like Stephen Miller and Donald Trump, and Trump's conservative base, will put the knee on America’s black population, and make themselves deaf to the African American suffering, deaf to their cries, deaf to their desperation - all of which is a white racist rightwing snapshot of America for black Americans.

Conservartives see African Americans suffer disproportionately from Covid-19 infection and Covid-19 death, they see African Americans subject to housing discrimination, they see as the lowest wage workers, they see Black Americans victims of voter suppression, they see the African American desperation and still will not let the knee up one bit.

#326603 - 06/14/20 04:57 AM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

More conservatism on display: The fact that the Trump re-election campaign choose Juneteenth, the date that slavery ended, as a day to hold its first rally in months in Tulsa, OK the site of white-on-black massacre in 1921 is not coincidental. Trump’s plan to accept his party’s nomination in Jacksonville, FL on August 27th is also not coincidental. On that date in 1960, a mob of 200 white men attacked black protesters in Jacksonville, an incident now known as Ax Handle Saturday. Trump’s events on these dates in these cities are not merely coincidences. These are dog whistles to his white nationalist base and reeks of Stephen Miller’s handiwork.

#326626 - 06/15/20 04:47 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
Hamish Howl Offline
journeyman

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

More conservatism on display: The fact that the Trump re-election campaign choose Juneteenth, the date that slavery ended, as a day to hold its first rally in months in Tulsa, OK the site of white-on-black massacre in 1921 is not coincidental. Trump’s plan to accept his party’s nomination in Jacksonville, FL on August 27th is also not coincidental. On that date in 1960, a mob of 200 white men attacked black protesters in Jacksonville, an incident now known as Ax Handle Saturday. Trump’s events on these dates in these cities are not merely coincidences. These are dog whistles to his white nationalist base and reeks of Stephen Miller’s handiwork.

Every time those "coincidences" pop up, it is 100% likely that Stephen Miller was involved.

#326629 - 06/15/20 05:34 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
If anybody deserves a nice lethal Covid-19 infection from Trump's mass exposure event in Tulsa, it's Miller. I'm just waiting to see how many mask-less true believers come down with it after the rally.

A preview of the in-person Republican Convention? Cool: Cram as many Trump fans in there as possible. If just 1% of them are infected, they should be able to infect everybody! And the best part of it is that all the Republican bigwigs will be there. We might end up with President Pelosi and a Democratic senate majority well before November.

#326631 - 06/15/20 06:19 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Exactly! Right On! I think is really great that the Jackass Trump is being given this great opportunity to get all supporters sick or dead. Given that many of his supporters are in the elder class they stand a really great opportunity to die in their efforts to support their dear leader.

I suspect this just might put the entire class high up on the Darwin Awards. Amazing!

#326633 - 06/15/20 09:08 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: Hamish Howl]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Every time those "coincidences" pop up, it is 100% likely that Stephen Miller was involved.

Bow

Even Stephen's own mom doesn't like him. Hmm

#326634 - 06/15/20 09:10 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
If anybody deserves a nice lethal Covid-19 infection from Trump's mass exposure event in Tulsa, it's Miller. I'm just waiting to see how many mask-less true believers come down with it after the rally.

A preview of the in-person Republican Convention? Cool: Cram as many Trump fans in there as possible. If just 1% of them are infected, they should be able to infect everybody! And the best part of it is that all the Republican bigwigs will be there. We might end up with President Pelosi and a Democratic senate majority well before November.

The WH "claims" that 200,000 asked for tickets, then 300,000...and, before you know it...it was 800,000 people asking for tickets. coffee

#326636 - 06/15/20 10:26 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Obviously, Trump just needs to hold more rallies. Preferably in packed indoor venues. They could offer "special" Koolaid booths for people who don't want to wait the month to die from Covid-19.

I wonder how many of those ticket requesters are actually agents provaceteur, who want to go just to be super-spreaders?

#326648 - 06/16/20 05:35 PM Re: Kira Davis: The Trouble With Candace [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I think you can include the rest of the family as well.... I think that parts of his family are Nazi camp survivors. I wonder if he is a denier.

Edited by jgw (06/16/20 05:35 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 27 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2