by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:06 PM
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Little Houses
by Greger
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pdx rick
07/06/20 05:30 AM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Normal Stuff
by jgw
07/05/20 06:30 PM
the Trump Plan
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:34 PM
Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, US Intel
by pdx rick
07/04/20 05:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
07/04/20 12:44 AM
These are, apparently, college kids?
by pondering_it_all
07/03/20 07:50 PM
State Voters and Covid-19
by jgw
07/03/20 07:39 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16960 Topics
301091 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#326892 - 06/24/20 01:42 PM Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

The Justice Department gave Roger Stone "unprecedentedly favorable treatment" because he is an ally of President Donald Trump, a former prosecutor on the case is expected to tell Congress today 06/24/20.

Aaron Zelinsky, an attorney on former special counsel Robert Mueller's team and one of the career Justice Department lawyers who prosecuted Stone, said the agency's leadership pressured them to recommend a lenient sentence for political reasons. Zelinsky is set to testify before the committee, which is investigating allegations of political interference within the Justice Department. Zelinsky's attorney, Robert Litt, said the prosecutor "will truthfully describe what happened with the Stone sentencing."

- Politico.com

#326901 - 06/24/20 10:22 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Rep. Gohmert pounded on the table all through the testimony, like a three year old.

#326911 - 06/25/20 07:07 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
and then pointed out that there were no rules against making noise!

#326916 - 06/25/20 08:17 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

No rule about not pooping your pants, either. But this was the United States House of Representatives, not some drunken frat party, or the Texas Assembly. The House should eject him. (And they can do that.)

#326937 - 06/26/20 07:27 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I suspect you are right and also convinced, obviously, that its just not gonna happen. In another age it might have but, now, not likely.

I know, Pelosi as been granted sainthood by everybody but I don't understand exactly what the House is doing most of the time. Why, for instance, didn't they sue the hell out of Trump. Better yet, they should have arrested and jailed everybody who refused a house subpoena and that's just for starters. I am sure there would have been a manner of feedbacks should they have done that and the entire and the supremes would have been forced to act one way or another which would have settled the entire mess down.

Instead the house seems to have decided to put all their chips on winning in November and not use the powers granted by the constitution which they are so fond of quoting. I just don't get it which is, unfortunately, my way of life these days - not very much of what is going on makes much sense to me.

#326938 - 06/26/20 07:43 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Simple: Nancy wants a Grand Slam. Both Houses of Congress and the Presidency. Optimally, with enough Senate votes to impeach all of Trump's unqualified judges. Then Ruth Bader Ginsberg can retire and Alito or Thomas stroke out, and we are right back to a Liberal Supreme Court. That could fix a huge amount of the Trump-induced damage to the Republic.

But even if she doesn't get enough Senate votes to impeach those judges, if the Supreme Court flips then all their lousy decisions get overturned. A Liberal Supreme Court could even set up a fast-track system so their more blatant decisions get overturned in days. I think that would encourage a lot of them to resign. Bye bye, Citizens United! Hello, Roe v Wade and Voting Rights Act on steroids.

It's a noble goal, but you have to be patient.

#326965 - 06/27/20 05:13 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

You may be right. My problem with that is that the Dems have the capacity to screw it all up. We have 5 more months to go before the election. I am looking forward to that with some trepidation. I wonder, for instance, if they do take the senate can it reconstitute the approximately 500 bills that they have sent to do nothing mitch? Can she put a complete stop to the purists wanting to get into a pissing contest over EVERYTHING? I know, "keep a positive outlook". I would love to do that but there is history that tends to scare the hell out of me. They are quite capable of such righteous stupidity <sigh>

I am not sure about impeaching ALL of Trump's, Oh, "unqualified" is the kicker. Most of those judges have ruled one way or another so far. We are talking about lifelong appointments here. Under those circumstances there are examples of those who were deemed unqualified or far, far, to the right who have actually done all right. Just nattering here, sorry.............

#326982 - 06/28/20 02:26 AM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I'm not saying we should impeach them all. I have no problem with Republicans installing qualified conservative judges. Just the ones the BAR said were unqualified. Having them on the bench degrades public trust in the judiciary, which is something Trump (and his owner Putin) had in mind.

#326994 - 06/28/20 05:48 PM Re: Attorney to testify DOJ gave Roger Stone favorable treatment [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I am in absolute agreement with that one. The bar probably has report cards on all the judges so everybody should be made aware of those judges that are too far this way or that, etc. THEN they can be dealt with as they will have been rated by an otherwise neutral organization (the bar?)

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2