by Greger
09:05 PM
How much do police really cost?
by jgw
05:00 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/26/20 09:00 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/26/20 07:41 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/26/20 05:38 AM
Bloomberg raises $16M to pay fines of 32K former felons so they can vote
by pdx rick
09/24/20 09:42 PM
The Republican Platform
by pondering_it_all
09/22/20 09:22 PM
Global warming predictions
by pondering_it_all
09/20/20 09:04 PM
Half of troops have an unfavorable opinion of President Bone Spurs
by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17001 Topics
303073 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327044 - 07/02/20 07:00 PM State Voters and Covid-19
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I find it pretty interesting that it would seem that the Trump inspired governors are the ones working as hard as they can to explain that there is really nothing wrong. The governor of Texas, for instance, pretty close to when he was elected, decided that he was going to war with the United States army and was using his Nation Guard for that. He said this was reasonable because the United States army had invaded Texas (they were actually on an annual exercise in Texas). I know, this has nothing to do with Covid-19 but tends to make me not surprised that his claims that everything is dandy now has the biggest, and best, hospital system in the United States under water and choosing who lives and dies due to lack of resources.

The Governor of Florida is also pretty stellar. I watched him, this morning, say that his state was absolutely safe and delighted to have the Republican convention there.

I could go down the line of Republican governors and their responses to Covid-19 There are some exceptions but not many. They are sticking to their dear leader no matter what for the most part and they, apparently, are (also for the most part) continue to be supported by them that voted for them.

This is amazing but also really scary. What in the HELL are these people thinking? I keep thinking that the true believers will figure it all out but that is simply not happening. I am talking about people who are usually normal people going down the road of life but now they are continuing to support people who are, literally, getting them killed! have a rally that will infect them? No problem! I know, the last Trump rally only brought out 6/7 thousand instead of the million bragged on but, still, thousands are a lot of people!

In Alabama we have college kids actually trying to get Covid-19! The evidence, so far, is that if you are young, and get it, you also get to live with the consequences until you die and that may actually be sooner than later. These are college kids and, supposedly, not stupid.

I can go on and on about this. The problem is that these kinds of attitudes are keeping our entire nation screwed up, is killing the economy, and, given a couple of months and our Republican senate there are going to be huge increases in homeless, poor, and sick. Unemployment is also on its way back up. Most of us here realize this (I think). My problem is that a LOT of people just do not get it and that scares the hell out of me and there is really little I can do about it but hope.

American are no longer welcome in foreign countries because they just don't want idiots from the United States re-infecting them so we can't even escape our own madness by getting the hell out. If this stuff even ends I suspect that Americans will be considered idiots for the foreseeable future. We used to have nations that were friends and allies, I suspect that's done too. We are, as they say, in deep, deep, s*** and its not gonna get better real fast.

In America its not much better. From what I can see it seems that the northern states, for the most part, consider them in the southern states idiots so that means we have idiots considering other idiots, idiots. Its getting complicated and dangerous!

Then there is our own government. Our own federal government is run by somebody who has publicly announced he is not responsible for anything. I have watched several southern governors announce they aren't responsible for anything either. We have a congressional senate which have forgotten how to really legislate except every now and then and their leader, Do Nothing Mitch is proud of it and calls himself the grim reaper for stopping all legislation.

I can go on and on and on but we all know this stuff. For the most part we are doing a great job of ignoring it as its out of our hands and that is true but I thought I would mention it - just for he heck of it.

I wish us all good luck!

We have, in theory, 4/5 more months and then, MAYBE, things will get changed. Even that is not a sure thing. Remember, Trump who has already announced that he is not only going to win the next election but get a third, and maybe fourth, term as well. He has no plans to go anyplace and he has the backing of the White Nationalists, et. al. as well as others. I, for one, expect serious problems even if he loses the election and I am not alone on that one. Remember, Hitler took over with just 30% of his electorate and Trump has 40%.

Just saying..........

#327045 - 07/02/20 07:37 PM Re: State Voters and Covid-19 [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Rightwingers who deny science do not live in reality - especially the ones who put all of their faith and belief into an imaginary sky fairy.

Just sayin'... Hmm

#327047 - 07/02/20 07:49 PM Re: State Voters and Covid-19 [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The saving grace here is that his followers are the very people doing the most dangerous stuff. People who value expertise and science are all avoiding them, so it's his followers who are most likely to die.

The sensible next step would be to say everybody who refuses to wear a mask in public gets involuntary quarantine. And maybe the lowest priority for medical care when flooded hospitals have to figure out who they have to turn away.

#327054 - 07/02/20 10:06 PM Re: State Voters and Covid-19 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Texas has mandated masks statewide. DeSantis won't do it until he sees Trump in a mask.

#327062 - 07/03/20 05:47 AM Re: State Voters and Covid-19 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
Texas has mandated masks statewide. DeSantis won't do it until he sees Trump in a mask.

TexASS is losing their freedumbs. They better storm the State Capital in Austin with their AR-15s.

smile

#327066 - 07/03/20 07:39 PM Re: State Voters and Covid-19 [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
i watched the guy in charge of Canada this morning. They have something like 100 new infected a week and nobody in hospitals with Covid-19. Basically, they have beat it and they do not allow Americans in to keep it that way. I then went to a Victoria station. They wonder what in the hell happened to the United States. they seem to infer that the United States is really something like the "Dumb United States" and are having a wonderful time congratulating each other that the US is no longer what it used to be. I sucks....

I remember, a couple months ago a nurse saying "and this is the United States!" when speaking about all the stuff they didn't have. Apparently nothing has really changed from that time. We continue to lack testing, the greatest healthcare installations, in Texas are out of space, etc. The Trillions spent to help are going to run out, the current rises will cost more jobs, etc. and, this time, its doubtful we will spend more trillions to help.

We are, basically, in deep sh*t!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 43 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2