by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as Ďpersonal henchmaní of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16997 Topics
302953 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327535 - 07/22/20 12:08 AM Portland. A Turning Point?
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
I have a feeling whatís happening in Portland is the true flex point of this time in history.

Do city and state leaders control their juridictions or can the federal government come in and without provocation or invitation take physical control of a city? A state?

Or will regular people: momís and Nude Athenas, Navy vets and hipsters, shame the armed thugs into backing down?

Is this the last hurrah of this stain-on-our-existence-and-history administration and the movement it embodies? Or is this just the start? Unidentified armed men snatching people off the street and detaining them without charge. (Something that they donít even bother to deny.) What does that sound like?

How can the people assaulting the Michigan Statehouse with weapons and squawking about Ruby Ridge, Waco, and Jade Helm possibly support the federal response in Portland? If they believed in the rights they espouse for themselves, they cannot. Because it seems they only espouse those rights for themselves. Masks are a bridge too far for this group. How can what the federal government is doing in Portland be OK?

Kevin Drum

George Takei

Edited by Irked (07/22/20 12:31 AM)

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#327536 - 07/22/20 01:45 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Trump's uninsignia'd goon squads are not being met as Liberators as the incompetent Fatass had hoped. Liberators don't teargas, disappear protesters into unmarked vans, or arrest them without cause for exercising their First Amendment right all under guise of keeping Portland safe from "violent anarchists."

Portlanders are not going to let a bunch of ass-kickers from the Department of Homeland Security, Officers from the US Marshals Special Operations Group and Customs and Border Protection's BORTAC, who have been sent, supposedly, to protect a federal courthouse from already mentioned supposed "violent anarchists" who might "graffiti" it with a few misspelled words while the "Law and Order" "President" waves the white flag on Covid-19, take their right to protest away.

If anything, the city of Portland is under assault from the federal government.

In response to the federal goon squads sent by incompetent Fatass Trump, Black Lives Matter protesters in Portland have come up with a new strategy: the "Wall of Moms," (...and also some dads), who stand in front of the protest line as a moral barrier against police brutality. About 30 of the moms showed up at the federal courthouse chanting, "Feds stay clear! Moms are here!" and "Leave our kids alone!"

What makes this all even more confusing is that rightwing Meal Team Six ammosexual terroristic militias love to do things like cosplay as soldiers and go after protesters, and these days, the federal government is looking more and more like a white supremacist militia - kinda hard to tell the two apart. So who knows what's really going on? Hmm

All the while the incompetent Fatass sits around with his orange thumb up his ass, failing to protect us from a deadly pandemic by not coming-up with a solid strategic national plan, but his goon squads sure have got plenty of munitions to "protect" a federal court building from people chanting rude things at cops. coffee

#327538 - 07/22/20 02:16 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the average republican is entirely in favor of the feds taking over "failed" Democratically controlled cities.

We've reached the jackbooted thugs stage in the game...can our crystal night be far behind?

I just saw that Dads with Leaf Blowers have joined the moms and plan to blow the teargas back at the federales.

#327540 - 07/22/20 04:07 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Greger
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the average republican is entirely in favor of the feds taking over "failed" Democratically controlled cities.

It's not a coincidence that Fascism is a rightwing political philosophy.

Originally Posted By: Greger
I just saw that Dads with Leaf Blowers have joined the moms and plan to blow the teargas back at the federales.

Nice!!! smile , Bow

#327541 - 07/22/20 05:26 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf, who is essentially a better-looking Stephen Miller with more hair, says the actions of his department in Portland are "proactive" arrests of individuals and argues that his stormtroopers aren't bound by the physical jurisdiction of federal property during a Fox New Channel interview.

By saying that his officers are proactively arresting people, Wolf suggests that theyíre making arrests before people have committed crimes. This, of course, would be an unlawful arrest - you canít arrest someone just because you think they might commit a crime. Hmm

#327542 - 07/22/20 05:34 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Thought crime - the most heinous and insidious of all crimes - must be stomped out before it can bloom.

#327543 - 07/22/20 03:58 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Irked
Thought crime - the most heinous and insidious of all crimes - must be stomped out before it can bloom.

Trump and his goons are on it! laugh

#327544 - 07/22/20 06:54 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
As usual, when dealing with this administration, its gonna have to go through the courts. This one, I think, is going to have to get to the Supremes before we know what's gonna happen. I hope is that the state doesn't turn on their state civil defense and their national guard loose on this one or we are going to actually see an internecine battle for sure.

This is really serious stuff! Other states are weighing in and, I am sure, getting ready to also bring suits. Hopefully its gonna get fast tracked.

Yet another "in the fullness of time". Doubt its gonna get settled before the election.

THEN we are gonna learn all sorts of things?

#327585 - 07/25/20 06:00 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

According to an article in the Washington Post titled: Operation Diligent Valor: Trump showcased federal power in Portland, making a culture war campaign pitch:

Quote:
As statues of Confederate generals, enslavers and other icons tumbled from their pedestals amid protests last month, President Trump issued an executive order meant to break the cascade, It enlisted the Department of Homeland Security, created in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks to protect the country against external threats, to defend U.S. monuments and federal property against Ďanarchists and left-wing extremistsí who he said are advancing Ďa fringe ideology.

Trump has taken a keen interest in tactical operations against the protesters in recent weeks, according to White House and administration officials at the center of the response, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. When the fog of tear gas is thickest here in the wee hours of the morning, the president is sometimes up early on the other side of the country, calling Wolf for real-time updates from the front

Not that it needs to be stated again, Trump is a real sick fck. crazy

#327587 - 07/25/20 04:40 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

ďThe frontĒ. Yeah, thatís it, letís call a US city a front. Portland, a front in the war between citizens and fascists goon squads trying to silence critics of the Dear Leader and advance his political position. Or, being goons, they donít even need a reason to use violence against their fellow citizens, they just need permission.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2