by CPWILL
Yesterday at 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
08/31/20 12:43 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pondering_it_all
08/30/20 08:06 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16994 Topics
302832 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327625 - 07/26/20 07:17 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Well...well...well...what have we here? Jeh Johnson, Former Sec. of Homeland Security said on Rachel Maddow:

Quote:
Forces of DHS, that have been deployed to the scene, are first, the Federal Protection Service, which is the component of DHS that reports directly to the Sec. and it’s core mission is the protection of civilian federal buildings across the country. Interestingly, most members of FPS are actually private contractors.

#327626 - 07/26/20 07:20 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

First Protection Service is owned by Erik Prince. He's that money-grubbing ahole who got taxpayer money to send mercenaries to Iraq in the early 2000s for $10K a month each.

Erik Prince is also Betsy DeVos' brother. So those "federal" goons in Portland better not kill anyone or Chad Wolf and Donald Trump are in a lot of trouble.

That's why there are no insignias on the uniforms. That's why people are disappearing off of the streets in unmarked minivans.

Now you know the rest of the story. smile

#327628 - 07/26/20 07:43 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

For the record: Private contractors are not legitimate officers of the law and therefore cannot operate as such.

The Trump Administration had no choice but to use private contractors, because it’s not as if the FBI, DEA, and ATF have extra employees just sitting around waiting to be deployed as shock troops in US cities

smile

#327629 - 07/27/20 12:46 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Mercenaries...sweet. Invading Democratically controlled areas of the country under the guise of "restoring order".

#327636 - 07/27/20 08:26 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Then they are very much in danger of being arrested and charged with assault and kidnapping by local or state police. And I bet dollars to donuts they would name names to make a deal with prosecutors. Prince and the Homeland Security people who hired them could be indicted. Whoever broke that Navy Vets arm needs to spend a few years in the pen. I had a feeling when I saw that azzhole beating him with a baton, that was no sworn law enforcement officer.

#327638 - 07/27/20 12:01 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Then they are very much in danger of being arrested and charged with assault and kidnapping by local or state police. And I bet dollars to donuts they would name names to make a deal with prosecutors. Prince and the Homeland Security people who hired them could be indicted. Whoever broke that Navy Vets arm needs to spend a few years in the pen. I had a feeling when I saw that azzhole beating him with a baton, that was no sworn law enforcement officer.

Did you see the video of the Navy vet just standing taking the beating with clubs, then maced? It all makes sense now...real law enforcement wouldn't do that. Hmm

Starts at 03:00:

#327639 - 07/27/20 03:00 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
perotista Offline
journeyman

All the violent protest this weekend got me thinking back to the 60's.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/26/oakland-protesters-fire-381968

Back then Nixon was very adept at using all the riots and protests, the burnings and destruction as a law and order candidate. Nixon had a ton of more political experience and was fairly savvy when it came to politics. Something Trump isn't.

Nixon campaign was fairly subtle and tactful, although one knew exactly what he was talking or hinting about. He used the protests, especially the Chicago riots to ride into the presidency in 1968 as someone who would bring law and order back to America's streets.

So the thought came across my mind, could Trump do basically the same thing if the violence continues in these protests. I think it's possible, but unlikely as Trump's in your face bullying style doesn't have the subtle approach to keep it within a reasonable political bounds that Nixon did.

If one was anti-Nixon, you probably don't agree he kept it within a reasonable political bound. But from an overall American view, America as a whole, he did. Trump not knowing any bounds, reasonable especially, I doubt he can take what is being given to him and make it an advantage to him. Still, if the violence continues in these protests, the opportunity is there.

The Democrats were seen as weak on crime because of all the violence and the riots, the Republicans strong on crime back in 1968. Trump has the opportunity to paint Biden as weak on crime, but I don't think he has the political savvy to do it, not in an any acceptable way.

Just a thought that popped into my head this weekend.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#327640 - 07/27/20 03:32 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Trump and right wingers seem to feel that there is a lack of policing, a lack of punishment, a lack of harsh treatment for those who break the law. A lack of police brutality, as it were. And they answer protests against police brutality with more police brutality.

The United States gulags more of its citizens than any other nation already. We have private concentration camps where predominantly people of color are held in vast numbers and used as slave labor.

Over the last few decades crime has gone down, yet the cost of policing has soared. The number of incarcerated Americans has soared.

Lack of policing does not cause crime.

Lack of opportunity causes crime.

#327643 - 07/27/20 04:48 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Nixon was running as the Law & Order candidate against the sitting government and its continuation (Humphrey).

Trump cannot repeat this strategy because of a fundamental difference. Now, the Dear Leader is “in charge” while the riots are occurring. If the Orange One is so good at keeping the peace, why isn’t that happening now?

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#327644 - 07/27/20 06:06 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Irked
Nixon was running as the Law & Order candidate against the sitting government and its continuation (Humphrey).

Trump cannot repeat this strategy because of a fundamental difference. Now, the Dear Leader is “in charge” while the riots are occurring. If the Orange One is so good at keeping the peace, why isn’t that happening now?

Good point, I hadn't taken that into consideration. I was looking at it as all the riots and violence is now taking place in Democratic controlled cities. Yeah, Nixon was the out of power guy, time to reevaluate.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2