by CPWILL
07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pdx rick
08/31/20 12:43 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pondering_it_all
08/30/20 08:06 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16994 Topics
302827 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327649 - 07/27/20 07:01 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Greger]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Last night, in Seattle something like 57 police were injured and several are in the hospital. This stuff gives Trump a LOT of ammunition!

The Democratic response, in this instance, is muted to nothing. Again, this stuff gives Trump a LOT of ammunition!

ie. the Dems are back at it again. It they keep it up they can blow it bigtime!

#327651 - 07/27/20 08:27 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: jgw]
perotista Online   content
journeyman

Originally Posted By: jgw
Last night, in Seattle something like 57 police were injured and several are in the hospital. This stuff gives Trump a LOT of ammunition!

The Democratic response, in this instance, is muted to nothing. Again, this stuff gives Trump a LOT of ammunition!

ie. the Dems are back at it again. It they keep it up they can blow it bigtime!

That I agree. Especially if the Democrats are seen taking the side of those sending the police to the hospital. You'll have a ton of TV ads citing the Democrats as being pro-violence and definitely anti police and to add to that, anti law and order.

Yep, very possible.

But if this all settles down in a month, it won't mean anything as it will be ancient history in most voters minds. The pandemic will be front and center once again.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#327653 - 07/27/20 10:39 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: perotista]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida

If it was my army I'd tell them to stand down. But the anarchists do not share our agenda and will do as they please.

#327658 - 07/27/20 11:27 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
journeyman

Politics is all about perceptions. Republicans perceive Democrats a certain way, Democrats perceive Republicans in their way. The battle then becomes to try to get those in the middle to perceive each candidate in the way those running want themselves and their opponent to be perceived.

So many times, facts, truth, who's army, gets lost in the battle of perceptions. For a lot of folks it will look like the Democrats in charge of those cities are weak, condone the violence, support the defunding of police, have taken the side of the protesters over all and everything else.

How successful that will be, remains to be seen. So all this violence and putting police into the hospital can easily get some folks to view the democrats as crazy as loony birds. How many? Time will tell. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if BLM isn't being held responsible for the violence by quite a lot more folks than just a few days ago.They started the protests, their name has long been attached to those protests. So we'll have to wait and see.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#327663 - 07/28/20 05:48 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
journeyman

Here's a good article on what I've been talking about.

"Despite Trump's goading, Biden steers clear of 'law and order' debate"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/despite-trump...-005436635.html

#327664 - 07/28/20 06:00 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: perotista]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
This is America - EVERYTHING is based on perception! Fact, reality, you know, all that stuff is not all important. Instead we deny science, fact, etc.

#327667 - 07/28/20 08:02 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: perotista]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
How successful that will be, remains to be seen
Yes I am amazed AG Barr plead ignorance that violent federal provocations would potentionally be beneficial to Mr Trump's campaign.

I have to wonder just how far up Mr Trump's butt is AG Barr's head? or is AG Barr just stupid?

#327670 - 07/28/20 11:02 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: rporter314]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Originally Posted By: rporter314

I have to wonder just how far up Mr Trump's butt is AG Barr's head? or is AG Barr just stupid?

Barr has zero morality, a man who believes any means is sanctified by his imagined divine goal. He is authoritarian slime. So, your question is moot. Neither, either or both could all be true, it doesn’t matter. Barr does this of his own volition.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#327672 - 07/28/20 11:56 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
journeyman

I was thinking driving home from Burger King today. Being I have been military almost all my adult life, some 47 years. I'm amazed at the importance civilians place on race? Perhaps it because they never got to know, work with, depend on like we do and did in the military. Then again our structure was different, it was always Sergeant, Private, Captain, General or Mr. and Ms, Sir or Ma'am.

No one ever asked the soldier who had your back what race or religion he was. No one cared. You had your trust in him, his trust was with you. I've been told when it comes to race, religion also that I lived a sheltered life. Perhaps so.

I suppose as in race and religion, adding politics to the mix, those in the military, active retired or just served a few years. Even civilians working for the military seems to have a entire different outlook on this subject and perhaps life in general. Just curious.

#327673 - 07/29/20 12:21 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
offtopic
My thoughts on this, perotista, are that the disconnect between people in civilian life as opposed to those in service is due to the replacement of civic duties, obligations on the individual as citizens, with patriotism, a voluntary avowal of fealty to a Fatherland. I believe many miss the deeper meaning in the Samuel Johnson quote RE patriotism and scoundrels.

When humans go against their own humanity by denying the social nature of the species and the natural obligations on the individual you end up with a herd of atomized individuals habituated to distrust their fellows. This herd will accomplish very little due to a lack of trust and cooperation and is relatively easy to control by those willing to use any means at hand, the more violent the better.

The regular palace coups this system engenders is a definitive case of “a feature, not a bug.”
offtopic

Returning to Portland. smile

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2