by pdx rick
01:20 AM
the Pelosi Stimulus
by jgw
06:04 PM
Joe Biden's Coal Moment
by jgw
05:56 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
04:01 AM
The new addition to the Supremes
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:57 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:41 PM
The reality of herd immunity
by jgw
10/24/20 06:10 PM
Senate control during Covid
by rporter314
10/17/20 09:05 PM
At A Time Like This America Truly Needs A Healthy Donald Trump
by pondering_it_all
10/16/20 08:41 AM
Trump and Melania tested positive for Covid-19
by logtroll
10/15/20 01:42 AM
yellowstone
by Greger
10/14/20 07:19 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
10/14/20 01:40 AM
Trump HAS Covid!!!!
by rporter314
10/12/20 07:07 PM
the Trump Taxes
by Greger
10/03/20 03:01 AM
Do both sides really do it?
by Greger
10/02/20 07:53 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by pdx rick
10/01/20 05:48 PM
How much do police really cost?
by pondering_it_all
09/30/20 08:35 PM
Civics
by jgw
09/28/20 05:33 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by pondering_it_all
09/28/20 02:33 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17012 Topics
303676 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328370 - 08/29/20 01:53 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: logtroll]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: logtroll
Originally Posted By: Greger
The ones who stay for the fireworks are goading the police into being their regular brutal, citizen hating selves. The right to free assembly doesn't end just because it's dark.

It a cat and mouse game until the cops catch on...protesters don't have jobs anymore so it's just entertainment for them.

I have a BIL who lives in Portland, a couple of miles from the federal building hotspot. He’s a GP doctor and his partner is a biology professor at a local university- both in their 50’s. They decided to take a walk and have a look at the demonstrations first hand, and were pleasantly surprised, and bemused, that the crowd was nothing like they had expected from news reports. Just a bunch of ordinary people walking around carrying signs and sometimes chanting slogans, mostly about Trump’s rent-a-cops going home. No violence, nobody “attacking” the building with its boarded up windows and big chain link fence. Around midnight Trump’s Troops appeared and started tear gassing and flash-banging the crowd while ordering them to disperse through megaphones. At that point things got chaotic, and some demonstrators began rattling the fence, but most retreated while trying to wash the chemicals off theirs faces. My BIL, who was well back from the demonstrators, got tear gassed, too - he said it was a horrible feeling. Shortly after that, the “police” (none of them Portland police dept) started using a different chemical that he said was “ten times more irritating”. They felt their health, and possibly lives, were in danger and they left.

He could only come away with the opinion that the actions of the “officers” were unwarranted aggravation of a peaceful demonstration, resulting in acts of indiscriminate force and brutality against peaceful citizens. It made him angry, and he can't believe our government would do such a thing.

No terrorist uprisings, no antifa - just citizens protesting bullying authoritarianism, who were treated to an example of what they were protesting in real time.

OC Spray - Oleoresin Capsicum. We got trained in it as part of the Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) workup. It was one of our crowd-dispersion methods in case we had to do something like go in and rescue an Embassy under siege.

One of my buddies at the time had taken some shrapnel in the butt on his last deployment. After we got sprayed, he said he'd rather have done that again, vice what we'd just been through (of course, for us, we got a direct liquid spray into the eye region before having to run a combat obstacle course, and it sucked). But it's real stuff.

#328371 - 08/29/20 01:54 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: perotista]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: perotista
The last time Oregon voted Republican in a presidential election was 1984. Which was the last time New York and California went Republican. It isn't about to change stripes over a protest or anything else. Democrats outnumber Republicans in Oregon by 10 plus points.

I dunno. That would take a lot of voters becoming fishermen and, in today's tribal times, I don't know if I see that many honest swing voters in a place like that (you would know better).

I think we're more likely to see that effect pronounced in places like Wisconsin, tbh.

#328407 - 08/30/20 01:34 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: CPWILL]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
One of my buddies at the time had taken some shrapnel in the butt on his last deployment. After we got sprayed, he said he'd rather have done that again, vice what we'd just been through (of course, for us, we got a direct liquid spray into the eye region before having to run a combat obstacle course, and it sucked). But it's real stuff.

I was sitting on my buddies couch one day doing cocaine and drinking beer when he picked up his wife's keychain that had a tiny "mace" dispenser. He gave it a quick, harmless, squirt in the air, but there was a fan across the room which caught that tiny burst of hellfire and blew it straight into my eyes. I thot I was gonna f*cken' go blind!

If there was a crowd of a thousand me's all they'd have to do is mention that sh*t and we would disperse pronto. No questions asked.

A combat obstacle course might have been a welcome distraction.

#328412 - 08/30/20 02:22 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

One shot dead as caravan of ‘concealed carry’ Trump supporters descend on Portland

Rightwingers see that Kyle Rittenhouse got a pass and sick fcks like (M)ann Coulter want to make him their president. Christian groups have raised over $200K for his defense. No wonder caravans of armed Trump supporters are now going to BLM protests shooting BLM protesters.

You rightwingers are sick people. mad

#328418 - 08/30/20 05:50 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Greger]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:

I was sitting on my buddies couch one day doing cocaine and drinking beer when he picked up his wife's keychain that had a tiny "mace" dispenser. He gave it a quick, harmless, squirt in the air, but there was a fan across the room which caught that tiny burst of hellfire and blew it straight into my eyes. I thot I was gonna f*cken' go blind!

If there was a crowd of a thousand me's all they'd have to do is mention that sh*t and we would disperse pronto. No questions asked.

A combat obstacle course might have been a welcome distraction.

:lol: frown It was not.

And then, because they were dicks, the guys running the course offered us hoses to wash our burning faces in, neglecting to tell us after we did it that "oh, yeah, by the way, water reignites all the chemicals in that stuff" while we were running around clawing at our faces.

Ah, good times laugh

So - YEAH - for anyone in the thread: if you are ever actually sprayed with that stuff, I strongly recommend dry-wiping as much of it away as possible (wiping only in motions that carry it away from your eyes, nose, and mouth), and then, if necessary, shaving the top layer of your face off before you take a shower.

Edited by CPWILL (08/30/20 05:51 PM)

#328419 - 08/30/20 05:52 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pdx rick]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

One shot dead as caravan of ‘concealed carry’ Trump supporters descend on Portland

Rightwingers see that Kyle Rittenhouse got a pass and sick fcks like (M)ann Coulter want to make him their president. Christian groups have raised over $200K for his defense. No wonder caravans of armed Trump supporters are now going to BLM protests shooting BLM protesters.

It takes a special kind of twisted heart to link a story about a group of anti-fa protestors murdering a rightwinger for being a member of the hated "Other", and draw the conclusion that it's the right wingers who are the sick people in that scenario.

Edited by CPWILL (08/30/20 05:52 PM)

#328423 - 08/30/20 06:24 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I fear we are going to see A LOT more activity from the Christians and White Nationalists before this is all over. I suspect they think its time. They will all claim to be 'helping' and police will be cheering for them. In other words its gonna get A LOT worse!

They need experience as, I think, the big show comes after the coming election - they only got a couple of months to practice before their time comes.

#328424 - 08/30/20 06:28 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: CPWILL
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

It takes a special kind of twisted heart to link a story about a group of anti-fa protestors murdering a rightwinger for being a member of the hated "Other", and draw the conclusion that it's the right wingers who are the sick people in that scenario.

At the time I wrote that post, it was assumed the shooter was a Trump supporter. No twisted heart here - much to your chagrin.

The rest of the post stands. Have a talk with YOUR Boogaloo brethren and get back to me. smile

Besides, who knows...it still might turn out to be YOUR people pulling a false-flag. It's still early, yet. coffee

#328425 - 08/30/20 06:34 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: jgw
I fear we are going to see A LOT more activity from the Christians and White Nationalists before this is all over. I suspect they think its time.

Exactly, rightwing trigger-happy gun-humpers have been lying-in-wait for this time to come for a quite some time. Hmm

#328431 - 08/30/20 07:41 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I wonder if Kenosha Kyle is a gamer. Seems like heavy first-person shooter game play might just make an impressionable young person think it's a good idea to go hunting real targets. I see a lot of support for him on line, by I suspect other young shoot-em-up game enthusiasts. When this all shakes out, are such video games going to be made illegal?

As for the Portland shooting, I don't think we have any idea what happened. Who exactly shot him, for example. He was in the midst of a bunch of hotheads with concealed weapons. Could it be he got into an altercation with somebody else in that group? Nobody seems to be talking. If it was a shooting by one of the protesters or a BLM member, you would think it would be all over the news.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2