by pdx rick
01:20 AM
the Pelosi Stimulus
by jgw
06:04 PM
Joe Biden's Coal Moment
by jgw
05:56 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
04:01 AM
The new addition to the Supremes
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:57 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:41 PM
The reality of herd immunity
by jgw
10/24/20 06:10 PM
Senate control during Covid
by rporter314
10/17/20 09:05 PM
At A Time Like This America Truly Needs A Healthy Donald Trump
by pondering_it_all
10/16/20 08:41 AM
Trump and Melania tested positive for Covid-19
by logtroll
10/15/20 01:42 AM
yellowstone
by Greger
10/14/20 07:19 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
10/14/20 01:40 AM
Trump HAS Covid!!!!
by rporter314
10/12/20 07:07 PM
the Trump Taxes
by Greger
10/03/20 03:01 AM
Do both sides really do it?
by Greger
10/02/20 07:53 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by pdx rick
10/01/20 05:48 PM
How much do police really cost?
by pondering_it_all
09/30/20 08:35 PM
Civics
by jgw
09/28/20 05:33 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by pondering_it_all
09/28/20 02:33 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17012 Topics
303676 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328438 - 08/31/20 12:30 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pondering_it_all]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
I saw some red-hatted demonstrators out in town yesterday, "Honk if you love the 2nd Amendment!"

Wouldn't it be nice if they loved the "well regulated militia" part?

Kyle da Kid needed some regulation, instead of running around solo with some teenage delusions of being a fekking hero. Video games very likely played into that.

#328439 - 08/31/20 12:35 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I wonder if Kenosha Kyle is a gamer. Seems like heavy first-person shooter game play might just make an impressionable young person think it's a good idea to go hunting real targets. I see a lot of support for him on line, by I suspect other young shoot-em-up game enthusiasts. When this all shakes out, are such video games going to be made illegal?

As for the Portland shooting, I don't think we have any idea what happened. Who exactly shot him, for example. He was in the midst of a bunch of hotheads with concealed weapons. Could it be he got into an altercation with somebody else in that group? Nobody seems to be talking. If it was a shooting by one of the protesters or a BLM member, you would think it would be all over the news.

Whatever the case may be, Kyle is an imbecile who is unable to separate fantasy from reality if he's a gamer. Kyle needs to be tried as an adult. mad

re: Portland shooter
Exactly, progressives are not known to bring guns to a protest - but rightwingers are. Hmm

#328446 - 08/31/20 11:51 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Interesting, the real difference between Biden and Trump is quickly emerging following these latest violent protests and killings.

Trump is clearly choosing authoritarian displays of force, emphasizing opposing “sides” (including petty insults to local leaders and threats to push them aside and take over), which increases the anger, divisions, and chaos (that is fascism).

Biden is condemning the violence all around and seeking to work with everyone to develop some solutions. He is condemning the violence, not the people, a very important distinction.

The same dynamic is playing out with the pandemic - the not wearing/wearing of masks being the most prominent (and simple-minded) area of imbecilic division sown by Trump himself.

I think today begins the sinking of Trump’s reelection strategy of mindless division, fear, and chaos. The competing memes will be Biden, the caring father, vs Trump, the shallow and petulant Prince (who would be King).

That is my observation and prediction- stay tuned!

#328447 - 08/31/20 12:15 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Trump is all about stoking tensions by egging on armed supporters to confront Black Lives Matter protesters. Instead of telling his supporters to stay away from Portland, Kenosha, Wis., and other cities where rioters reign, Trump encourages his armed ammoxexual Americans ISIS terrorists to go to these cities and "fight with antiFA."

re: Kyle Rittenhouse

17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse was the one that travelled across state lines as a 17-year-old, to possess a weapon he was not allowed to possess, to stand guard outside a used car lot that no one asked him to stand guard at.

The first person that 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse shot didn’t have a weapon. The second person he shot and killed came at him with a skateboard. Conservative logic states the guy who had an AR-15 was in reasonable fear of his life from a guy with a skateboard.

Hmm

#328449 - 08/31/20 02:33 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: logtroll]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: logtroll
Trump is clearly choosing authoritarian displays of force, emphasizing opposing “sides” (including petty insults to local leaders and threats to push them aside and take over), which increases the anger, divisions, and chaos (that is fascism).

Biden is condemning the violence all around and seeking to work with everyone to develop some solutions. He is condemning the violence, not the people, a very important distinction.

And thank Propaganda Barbie for this declaration of intent:

“The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.”

#328450 - 08/31/20 05:42 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I can only wonder why Trump isn't going to Portland. Given that he hid in the White House basement when he felt threatened I think I may understand but not sure. One would think, with all his rhetoric, that he would be there leading the charge right now.

#328539 - 09/04/20 09:42 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Michael Forest Reinoehl, 48, a suspect in the shooting of rightwing extremist Aaron "Jay" Danielson at a Portland protest, was shot and killed outside his home last night by members of a fugitive task force as they went to arrest him. According to initial reports from the US Marshals service, the "suspect produced a firearm, threatening the lives of law enforcement officers" and "[t]ask force members responded to the threat and struck the suspect who was pronounced dead at the scene."

This occurred not long after Vice News aired an interview with Reinoehl, in which he confessed to shooting his gun at the protest.

Media reports have portrayed members of Patriot Prayer and the rest of the "pro-Trump" contingent as simply driving through the protest spraying people with paintballs and pepper spray, but Reinoehl said they also had more serious weapons, and that he had seen them earlier when he was downtown.

Quote:
"I'm seeing all these vehicles with hatred, people in the backs of the trucks yelling and screaming and swinging bats and sticks at protesters that are just standing there yelling at them," he said.

At 8:45 p.m., Reinoehl said he went to the aid of a friend surrounded by trucks laden with armed pro-Trump protesters. "I saw someone that is a dear and close friend of mine in the movement by himself basically confronting all these vehicles," Reinoehl told Farley. "And so I let him know that I'm here, parked my vehicle and joined up with him, found myself in the intersection in front of the food trucks surrounded by trucks and cars that had weapons."

It was then that he found himself in a confrontation with Danielson, who Reinoehl says was threatening him and his friend with a knife. "Had I stepped forward, he would have maced or stabbed me," Reinoehl said.

According to video, Danielson did indeed spray some mace.

#328540 - 09/04/20 09:42 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

The intial victim, Aaron "Jay" Danielson, was with Patriot Prayer, a notoriously violent rightwing group founded by Joey Gibson, a close friend of his. Their primary purpose, supposedly, is securing "free speech" for conservatives in liberal areas of the country, which they already have. They fight for this supposed need by trawling the Pacific Northwest attempting to pick fights with antiFA activists.

Jeremy Joseph Christian of the Patriot Prayer group is currently serving a life sentence for fatally stabbing two people and injuring a third on a Portland train after those people asked him to stop screaming racial slurs at two black teenage girls. He remains convinced he did nothing wrong, as he believes those people were attempting to infringe on his "free speech rights."

Ian Kramer, a member of the Patriot Prayer group, beat a woman so badly that he broke her vertebrae after the group decided to go to a bar where antifa activists hung out in order to harass them.

#328541 - 09/04/20 09:46 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

There are certainly a lot of parallels to this shooting and the one in Kenosha, in which aspiring cop and Trump supporter Kyle Rittenhouse shot and killed two people and injured one during a protest. The difference, of course, is that Kyle Rittenhouse is a conservative and is also still alive. Another difference is that the Right is arguing that his shooting was self-defense because someone threw a plastic bag towards him and another person hit him with his skateboard after he, Rittenhouse, shot the man with the plastic bag in the head. They do not believe that Reinoehl was acting in self-defense in shooting Danielson after being maced by him.

Prior to the fugitive task force shooting Reinoehl, Donald Trump sent out a tweet demanding his arrest.

That, of course, did not actually happen.

Given Patriot Prayer's history of violently attacking leftist protesters, I can understand why someone might think they need "security." But deadly force is not an appropriate response to the threat of pepper spray. It's odd that President Trump and all of Fox News believe deadly force is an appropriate response to someone throwing a plastic bag, or someone attempting to disarm you after you've shot and killed a person armed with a plastic bag.

Rightwingers think it's okay for their side to kill us and that is just what 17 year Kyle Rittenhouse did. I take it back. Rigtwingers think it's their absolute right to kill us.

#328544 - 09/05/20 03:35 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

There is video of 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse beating a girl.

What's with Rightwingers beating women? Sounds like they might have a small dick inferiority problem. coffee

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2