by pdx rick
01:20 AM
the Pelosi Stimulus
by jgw
06:04 PM
Joe Biden's Coal Moment
by jgw
05:56 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
04:01 AM
The new addition to the Supremes
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:57 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
10/24/20 08:41 PM
The reality of herd immunity
by jgw
10/24/20 06:10 PM
Senate control during Covid
by rporter314
10/17/20 09:05 PM
At A Time Like This America Truly Needs A Healthy Donald Trump
by pondering_it_all
10/16/20 08:41 AM
Trump and Melania tested positive for Covid-19
by logtroll
10/15/20 01:42 AM
yellowstone
by Greger
10/14/20 07:19 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
10/14/20 01:40 AM
Trump HAS Covid!!!!
by rporter314
10/12/20 07:07 PM
the Trump Taxes
by Greger
10/03/20 03:01 AM
Do both sides really do it?
by Greger
10/02/20 07:53 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by pdx rick
10/01/20 05:48 PM
How much do police really cost?
by pondering_it_all
09/30/20 08:35 PM
Civics
by jgw
09/28/20 05:33 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by pondering_it_all
09/28/20 02:33 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17012 Topics
303676 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328552 - 09/05/20 06:25 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
It seems as if the police are actually supporters of the white nationalist, el al. (they roam in an entire panoply of names) They encouraged them wherever they were. In Portland the police, in theory, were there to make sure that the 1000+ string of cars would NOT be anywhere the marchers. That being said a bunch just peeled off and went to visit the marchers and the police seemed to just ignore that.

I wonder about Trump and his civil war. The White Nationalists, for instance, have always claimed that their main goal is a civil war! Now add in their associations with a variety of police forces as well. So, Trump forces, so far, have White Nationalists, and a variety of police forces, so far. I wonder who else will show up under the Trump banner. Hopefully our intelligence and military is keeping an eye on this so they know who to watch when the time comes?

Edited by jgw (09/06/20 06:03 PM)

#328554 - 09/05/20 07:28 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Latest DHS report says right-wing extremists pose the greatest threat in America today. The report doesn't even mention antifa. According to the report, right-wingers and White Supremacists are more dangerous in the US than Islamic terrorists.

I also see the FBI has arrested two Bugaloo Bois who planned to blow up national monuments, assassinate politicians, make silencers and sell them to Hamas, and even join Hamas as mercenaries to kill Jews. It's nice to see that though the leadership of the Justice Department may be corrupt, the agents out there in the field are actually doing their best to protect us from real domestic terrorism.

#328555 - 09/05/20 07:37 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: jgw
It seems as if the police are actually supporters of the white nationalist, el al. (they roam in an entire panoply of names) They encouraged them wherever they were.

I 100% agree. Kyle Rittenhouse was allowed to cross state lines and go back home. He also was not harmed during his arrest.

Whereas, within a few hours of the Vice News aired interview with Reinoehl, Reinoehl, was tracked down like a dog by members of a fugitive task force and murdered without due process.

Being white and conservative in America has its privilege. smile

#328556 - 09/05/20 07:39 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Latest DHS report says right-wing extremists pose the greatest threat in America today. The report doesn't even mention antifa. According to the report, right-wingers and White Supremacists are more dangerous in the US than Islamic terrorists.

I also see the FBI has arrested two Bugaloo Bois who planned to blow up national monuments, assassinate politicians, make silencers and sell them to Hamas, and even join Hamas as mercenaries to kill Jews. It's nice to see that though the leadership of the Justice Department may be corrupt, the agents out there in the field are actually doing their best to protect us from real domestic terrorism.

I cited three examples on page seven of this thread where the notoriously violent rightwing Patrtiot Prayer group has injured or killed people with abandon.

Hmm

#328573 - 09/06/20 06:06 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

In addition to white supremacists and the police I should have added QANON (approximately 6 million) supporters as well. The most extreme believe that Trump is actually a savior of the country blessed by God! This adds crazies to the Trump mix.

We now have about 2 more months before we all get to see how these folks descend on the rest of us with their Dear Leader leading from behind.

Interesting Times?

#328574 - 09/06/20 06:17 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I suspect this election could have a major coattails effect, since Republicans at every level have supported things unpopular with the voting public, like police brutality and voter suppression. We might see congressmen, state assembly members, and all the way down to county and city officials losing their jobs for acting in ways the people do not support. I hope their opponents point out this in their campaign literature.

Hard to counter "My opponent wants you dead, and certainly not voting".

#328597 - 09/07/20 07:25 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

There are a LOT of things wrong with the police. Things like Qualified Immunity, Police Unions, Dealing with mental illness, family problems, etc. The strange thing is that there are departments who understood this and dealt with it (to one degree or another). I think it was Camden, NJ that literally fired their entire force and started from scratch (and actually saved big bucks as well as now having a police force that is much better, cheaper to run, etc. I am suggesting that there are examples to be had on how to do it, the secret remains - how to do it. I think the solution is, probably, gumption and smarts just to start.

#328612 - 09/08/20 04:02 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: Irked]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Good to know the Dear Leader has learned from the best.

1) Rounding up the usual suspects (Any resemblance to occurrences in Portland, OR and Lacey, WA are purely coincidental.):
Originally Posted By: WaPo
MOSCOW — Maria Kolesnikova, one of three Belarus women who ran the opposition campaign against longtime authoritarian president Alexander Lukashenko, was detained by a group of unknown men and shoved into a van Monday morning, according to independent Belarusian media citing a witness.

2) How to deal with natural disasters and human tragedy:
Originally Posted By: WaPo2
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un toured coastal areas hit by Maysak on Sunday, and he ordered party members to join the recovery effort, Korea Central News Agency reported. More than 1,000 homes were destroyed by Maysak, state media reported, with dozens of casualties.

But recriminations have already begun in North Korea over the damage caused by Maysak.

Kim dismissed the party chief of South Hamgyong province on Sunday, while the official Rodong Sinmun newspaper said party officials in the coastal city of Wonsan would be “gravely punished” for failing to follow orders and prevent the damage.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#328911 - 09/20/20 07:47 AM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: pondering_it_all]
CPWILL Offline

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I suspect this election could have a major coattails effect, since Republicans at every level have supported things unpopular with the voting public, like police brutality and voter suppression. We might see congressmen, state assembly members, and all the way down to county and city officials losing their jobs for acting in ways the people do not support. I hope their opponents point out this in their campaign literature.

Hard to counter "My opponent wants you dead, and certainly not voting".

Not really. You counter with "No, MY opponent wants you dead, and certainly not voting."

So, both parties ramp up the hyperbolic panic ('cause, - hey! - it's effective).

And both sets of tribal followers increasingly believe it frown

#328912 - 09/20/20 12:55 PM Re: Portland. A Turning Point? [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: CPWILL
Not really. You counter with "No, MY opponent wants you dead, and certainly not voting."

So, both parties ramp up the hyperbolic panic ('cause, - hey! - it's effective).

And both sets of tribal followers increasingly believe it frown

From the Round Table:

Quote:
Those like Megan McCain who claim the "both sides" argument are being intellectually lazy and dishonest. The both sides argument, from my observation, seem to originate from the right side of the political spectrum. Just sayin'. smile

Thanks for proving my point. I appreciate it. laugh

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2