Current Topics
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by Greger
Today at 12:30 AM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pondering_it_all
Today at 12:25 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Today at 12:09 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Lists of Trump actions
by Greger
Yesterday at 04:38 AM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by jgw
08/09/20 06:54 PM
What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems?
by pondering_it_all
08/05/20 12:13 AM
Normal Stuff
by pondering_it_all
08/03/20 10:07 PM
A possible solution to rental problems.
by Irked
08/01/20 12:21 AM
Ongoing Slavery
by jgw
07/31/20 05:06 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/29/20 01:33 AM
Seattle had a Riot!
by jgw
07/28/20 06:17 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
07/25/20 08:08 PM
Collections
by Greger
07/24/20 11:08 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by pondering_it_all
07/24/20 09:35 PM
Deranged Trump supporter suspected in murdering son of judge
by Greger
07/24/20 05:54 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by logtroll
07/24/20 12:07 PM
Chad Wolf
by pdx rick
07/24/20 03:54 AM
why cities won't be able to stop Trump's secret police
by jgw
07/23/20 07:06 PM
Fox News anchor shared fabricated tweet in attempt to smear AOC
by rporter314
07/22/20 03:11 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16978 Topics
301806 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327621 - 07/26/20 06:26 PM Seattle had a Riot!
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Yesterday I turned on the TV, about 5:00pm and there was a riot in Seattle. Not only that but they were trashing businesses and breaking windows, etc. The police got on it but that still happened.

Seattle is the biggest city near us so we watch Seattle TV a lot. They have, amongst other things, quite possibly the furthest left government in the nation. The mayor, the police, and the city council all love BLM and the marchers and support them all they can. In this case the police said they were going to just let it happen as they didn't expect problems. They got problems. We went to MSNBC and there was Seattle rioting. It got attention!

The peaceful marchers refuse, apparently, to rat out the folks doing the bad. Nobody will talk to the police. They claim they don't know - they do! (I know a couple marching and they told me they know who is doing it but don't want problems) The tv newsies asked "who are the bad ones" every chance they had, from police, marchers, everybody! This has now been going on for weeks. I, for one, want it stopped. The downtown merchants who have been pillaged have now sued the city for not protecting them. This means more money out the door. They have a solution for that. Any business in Seattle, that makes a profit, gets to pay a head tax on their employees, (this tend to infuriate many). Its all pretty interesting.

Then there is the Trump Militia that comes to protect Federal property but is willing, and able, to 'help'. So far they have stayed out of it but, this time around, I suspect the mayor was tempted.

The bad has to stop. My wife and I, for instance, have no interest going to Seattle - we consider it a mess and not all that safe. I have kids, with our grand kids and great grand kids, over there and they feel the same way.

I know, there are two sides to all of this. That being said, its been long enough. The good marchers, for instance, will not help about the bad marchers. I have watch so called good marchers explain that busting up, breaking in, etc. is ok because they are white establishments and need to be pillaged.

This is not going to end well............

#327623 - 07/26/20 06:50 PM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Burning down the grocery store leaves the neighborhood a food desert.

#327631 - 07/27/20 02:17 AM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
They need to organize and plan pop-up demonstrations across the nation. One night stands so the feds won't be able to organize against them. Each city standing down until it's their turn to protest.

Are the anarchists provoking the feds in Seattle? I wouldn't put it past them. Some of them are the same people, daily peaceful protesters and by night they throw bricks. Their colleagues know who they are but they aint talking....a small band of heroes willing to put their lives on the line.

The race war has begun in earnest. I believe that Republicans are on the wrong side of history...again.

100 days until the election.

#327633 - 07/27/20 03:00 AM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
They need to organize and plan pop-up demonstrations across the nation. One night stands so the feds won't be able to organize against them. Each city standing down until it's their turn to protest.

Great idea Greger!! idea

#327635 - 07/27/20 08:19 AM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
But there can't be any coordination between cities, as to which is next. It has to be random in each city. If there is a pattern, the feds will figure it out.

#327641 - 07/27/20 03:50 PM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
So an anonymous group sets up a lottery. Announces two days before where the protests will be held. Local police are invited and welcomed.
Crowds will generally be well behaved as long as they are treated with respect.

When they are met with force and belligerence they will become forceful and belligerent themselves.

But keep them moving and the feds will have to play whack a mole with expensive troops.

#327645 - 07/27/20 06:47 PM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

The problem is that most of these people are kids and they have nothing better to do. its unfortunate.

#327665 - 07/28/20 06:17 PM Re: Seattle had a Riot! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

The Seattle rioters/marchers are turning on the city with law suits claiming that the police (now 59 injured, 0 rioters injured) treated them badly. They continue with really bad ideas, and its really not helpful if you don't love Trump.

Now throw in the Seattle TV stations. The Police asked them for their footage of the riots and they refused. This is kinda like they had live pictures of a murder and refused. They sued the police to get their footage back before they did anything with it. The judge said that the police had a right to the footage so, now, the Seattle stations are all whining that the police are putting the TV people at risk. Apparently they (the poor rioters) are under the impression that all the TV footage is a secret (they had the riots on, while they were happening, on TV for the entire day (it went on that long!).

Those who depend on the local news to keep one entertained are not disappointed! The problem is actually believing what we are seeing! Its like living in a public lunatic asylum!

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2