by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16996 Topics
302899 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327784 - 08/03/20 08:17 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
You are absolutely right. You are also, seemingly, in a minority of Democrats that think that. The rest of them have allowed the offenses of Trump to become actually normalized! The Republicans are fighters! Democrats, are, basically pussies. They also have pussy candidates. Remember when Hillary was actually hunted by Trump during their 'debate'. Trump attacked and got away with it and Hillary just took it (she even said so in her book). I am not sure how Biden will behave. Hopefully he won't let the jackass get away with it but we will see.

As far as I can tell, right now, is that Pelosi is a lone wolf in all of this. She 'mentions', in passing the literally hundreds of bills sent to the Republican senate and other stuff. Right now the Republicans seem to be, unable to actually function in the Senate. They are also making claims that only Pelosi is even bothering to question! When was the last time you heard a Democrat even mention this stuff! (I know, some do but not with the vigor the Republicans would if they had the same problem!).

I have found it interesting that the Lincoln Project, for instance, puts up anti Republican ads of interest, and humor - NOT the Dems! Democratic ads seem few and far apart. The interesting thing is that the Lincoln Project is peopled by anti-Trump Republicans! I have often wondered if I am the only one to notice this.

#327802 - 08/04/20 07:49 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
You aren't the only one. I think the Lincoln Project was co-founded by the husband of that woman in the white house with the tragic face.

Conway.

Republicans can't even agree amongst themselves. They're even aiming attack adds against their own people!

I suggest that the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

Because when my enemy is finally conquered, that friend will be my enemy.

#327803 - 08/04/20 07:57 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: Greger]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

While I'm in this thread I should say that I expect the election to run smoothly and that Trump will storm away angrily but he will go away in January.

It should certainly prove to be an interesting lame duck session though.

#327807 - 08/04/20 11:37 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
It should certainly prove to be an interesting lame duck session though.

When Trump loses, he's going full-on scorched-earth. Nothing quite like a scorned bitch...and Trump is one of the biggest man-bitches* I have ever met in my life.

*think of Alexis Carrington Colby, but only a man - that is Donald Trump co-mingled with Trump's simple child-like understanding of the world. It's almost like a real-life "Being There."

#327808 - 08/04/20 11:38 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
King Kon is now declaring vote-by-mail to be the cat's pajamas in states with Republican governors, but still a regular shiit sandwich in Democratic states.

Go figger...

#327811 - 08/05/20 12:13 AM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Slate had an article about that. Seems Florida already allows mail ballots for everybody. It's also filled with elderly Trump supporters. If he convinces them not to use mail ballots, and they fear catching Covid-19 (or just die waiting to vote in person because of the lines), they may not vote at all. He needs Florida to win, so suddenly mail ballots are a-okay in Florida!

He's going to flop around like a fish in the bottom of the boat on this one. It's going to be obvious to everyone that his main problem is with Democrats being allowed to vote at all.

#327913 - 08/11/20 06:33 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Or the Dems can advertise heavily, in Florida, pointing out that Trump is actively working to destroy both Social Security AND Medicare and that is just for starters.

My assumption is that might move the immovable elderly Trump worshipers to change or not vote at all. One can never know on this one.

#327914 - 08/11/20 07:44 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

They aren't calling it "absentee voting" anymore here either. Just straight out "Vote By Mail"

Florida elections (like everywhere else) pit the rural voters against the city dwellers. They are pretty much evenly divided. It all depends on who comes out to vote in the greater numbers.

#327930 - 08/12/20 06:19 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I think what you are saying is that the elders of florida just might not care to lose their healthcare and their social security? They must all be rich? (or incredibly hoodwinked)

#327932 - 08/12/20 08:59 PM Re: What happens if the election doesn't settle due to voting problems? [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Counting on voters to vote in their economic interest usually does not work. They don't get upset until they get a much smaller check or a much higher bill. And they assume that any change for the worse, will not affect them.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2