by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as Ďpersonal henchmaní of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16996 Topics
302897 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#327986 - 08/14/20 10:25 PM Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

News reports of USPS workers hauling away mailboxes in flatbed trucks and locking shut convenient drop slots is causing concern among Oregon residents regarding mail-in voting during the presidential election in November.

Photos shared on social media in recent weeks showed truck beds stacked with dropbox mailboxes - the large, blue Postal Service boxes in which mail can be dropped off on the side of the road without having to visit a Post Office.

USPS has confirmed that some mailboxes have been removed from neighborhoods in recent weeks per the The Oregonian with residents in Eugene and Portland stating their access to contactless USPS mailing options have become increasingly limited just ahead of important November 3rd election.

Twitter discussion.

Hmm

#328005 - 08/15/20 07:41 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Excellent read:

Quote:
Trumpís committing this crime with with his trademark subtlety. He installed a wingnut Republican donor and party activist who holds investments in companies that compete with the USPS as Postmaster General. That donor, Louis DeJoy , has overseen new measures to limit overtime, removed hundreds of mail sorting machines from processing centers, cut Post Office hours and pulled up mailboxes in various states. And this has become one of the rare stories of Trumpís corruption thatís getting sustained attention from the press.

I didn't know that DeJoy has businesses that compete with the USPS. Isn't this a real crime what Turmp is doing - putting a bud in place who competes with the USPS knowing the guy will destroy the USPS from the inside? Also a side-benefit to help Trump with slowing absentee ballasts so he doesn't lose an election he is already losing? Hmm

#328008 - 08/15/20 08:38 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Isn't this a real crime

Sure seems like it oughta be. But if it was, somebody woulda stopped him right? So apparently it isn't against the law.

Republicans are planning to vote en masse and in person on election day. Swarming every precinct, while sabotaging the mail in votes. It's kind of a well known conspiracy.

Trump doesn't need a win, he only needs to come close, then claim that he really won. Who's gonna stop him?

#328020 - 08/16/20 04:30 AM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Greger

Quote:
Isn't this a real crime

Sure seems like it oughta be. But if it was, somebody woulda stopped him right? So apparently it isn't against the law. e only needs to come close, then claim that he really won. Who's gonna stop him?

It's like collusion is not a crime. Hmm

#328028 - 08/16/20 05:04 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Impeding the mail is a felony. Former AG Eric Holder is talking about prosecuting Trump's USPS Post Master General next year. He could be in front of a Grand Jury even before that.

#328030 - 08/16/20 05:21 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

The Postmaster General says he is streamlining the post office and cutting expenses. Like Rex Tillerson "streamlined" the State Department.

#328032 - 08/16/20 06:05 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
The post office box thing is interesting. We used to have a lot of mailboxes around, if memory serves me. About 5 years ago I forgot to mail something at the post office for my wife who was with me. I told her we would just keep on going and put it into a mailbox. We went through our town and failed, went through Sequim and failed again and then someplace around Bremerton and failed yet again. I took it to the post office the next day. We both swore we saw them all over but, over the years, they all went away - strange.......

#328035 - 08/16/20 07:20 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
perotista Offline
journeyman

Here in Georgia, at least in my area, you will find the big mailboxes in front of every Kroger. Then you have a lot of these stores like mail boxes are us along with perhaps a dozen other stores like it where you can drop off your post office mail. In fact, if you have a big box to mail, the customer service counter at Kroger will take care of it for you as the mailman stops by there everyday.

These old fashioned mail boxes aren't on the corners anymore. But plenty of stores, business will accept you USPS mail as each has a certain time of day the USPS mailman picks up there.

Instead of driving 8-10 miles to the post office, I drive 2 to Krogers and use them as my post office drop off along with buying stamps etc. Almost everything is there that the post office does except issue passports.

If I'm too lazy to do that, I just put up the red flag on my mailbox and the mailman will stop and pick up my mail out of my mailbox.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#328037 - 08/16/20 08:29 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: perotista]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Here in Georgia, at least in my area, you will find the big mailboxes in front of every Kroger.

And, there in Georgia, they might come and take them all away. If they think those boxes will help black people to vote. Mail delivery to "bad" neighborhoods might be curtailed completely in cost cutting schemes meant to disenfranchise voters of color. Voting locations have already begun disappearing in poor urban regions where voters will invariable vote Democratic.

#328038 - 08/16/20 08:59 PM Re: Postal service seen hauling mailboxes away in trucks [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I forgot. I have a sister that, when she wants to mail a letter, she just throws it out the window of her car! Really! The first time I asked her what the hell she was doing. She explained that is how she mails letter, has been doing it for 50 years, and has never had one go missing!

I do NOT recommend this, she is something of a wild woman and, obviously, very lucky.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2