by pondering_it_all
8 minutes 31 seconds ago
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by pondering_it_all
16 minutes 5 seconds ago
The reality of herd immunity
by jgw
Today at 05:24 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
The new addition to the Supremes
by jgw
10/21/20 05:37 PM
the Pelosi Stimulus
by jgw
10/19/20 05:37 PM
Senate control during Covid
by rporter314
10/17/20 09:05 PM
At A Time Like This America Truly Needs A Healthy Donald Trump
by pondering_it_all
10/16/20 08:41 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by jgw
10/15/20 09:44 PM
Trump and Melania tested positive for Covid-19
by logtroll
10/15/20 01:42 AM
yellowstone
by Greger
10/14/20 07:19 PM
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by pdx rick
10/14/20 01:40 AM
Trump HAS Covid!!!!
by rporter314
10/12/20 07:07 PM
the Trump Taxes
by Greger
10/03/20 03:01 AM
Do both sides really do it?
by Greger
10/02/20 07:53 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by pdx rick
10/01/20 05:48 PM
How much do police really cost?
by pondering_it_all
09/30/20 08:35 PM
Civics
by jgw
09/28/20 05:33 PM
Portland. A Turning Point?
by pondering_it_all
09/28/20 02:33 AM
Honesty, morality, and integrity
by logtroll
09/28/20 12:22 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17011 Topics
303621 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328368 - 08/28/20 07:48 PM A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Just to be clear...
Iím learning that people I know and love donít like me strictly because ďIím liberalĒ, because I want equality and equity. Donít believe the hype and propaganda. We can have conversations about what aligns us related to our values and morals.
Just a note for my right-leaning family and friends from my left-leaning self as we near voting day:
They say we want to disband police departments (and that we hate the police): we donít, thatís a lie. We want to weed out racism and unnecessary police brutality and for those who abuse their power to be held accountable.
They say we want to release all prisoners: we donít, thatís a lie. We want to weed out racism and ensure the punishments match the crimes and to deprivatize prisons. We want punishment to be fair, regardless of your income level.
They say we want open borders: we donít, thatís a lie. We want asylum seekers to be given their chance to seek asylum. We want to help people who are coming from unimaginable terror and poverty and give them the chances we have. We want to ensure children arenít separated from their parents and that nobody is kept in cages. We want proper vetting.
They say we want to take away your guns: we donít, thatís a lie. We want logical gun control to help prevent mass shootings.
They say we want to kill babies: we don't, that's a lie. We want women to have autonomy over their bodies. We want women to have full access to reproductive education and birth control. We want to minimize the need for abortion.
They say we want to wage a war on Christianity and Christian values: we donít, thatís a lie. We want people of all religions to be able to practice and worship freely without persecution.
They say we want to get everything for free: we donít, thatís a lie. We want to work hard, do work hard and pay our taxes. We want everyone including corporations to pay their fair share of taxes too. We want to make sure that health care and education are affordable for everyone.
They say we hate capitalism and want to cripple it with regulations: we don't, that's a lie. We want capitalism that respects workers with livable wages and safe working conditions. We want capitalism that respects the environment and keeps it healthy.
They say we want a war against traditional marriage: we donít, thatís a lie. We want people of all sexual orientations to be able to love freely, no matter who you love.
They say we want to destroy or rewrite history: we donít, thatís a lie. We want to recognize the ugly parts of our past and do everything we can to say ďthatís not okay, letís not honor those aggressors, letís not let those things happen againĒ.
They say we want to take away your constitutional rights: we donít, thatís a lie. We choose to believe science and wear masks and try to prevent the spread of this disease. We understand that it's not simply just about ourselves in doing so.
They say we hate America: we donít, thatís a lie. We love America. We want a fully-functioning democracy. We just recognize our faults and want us to do better, be better.
Stop with the us vs. them. Stop with the straw man arguments. Stop with the fake news. Stop with Fox News and Breitbart. Stop with QAnon.
Our position is one of empathy, compassion and logic. Stop believing the hype. Stop with the division. Just because we want equality and equity for all doesnít mean we want to take anything away from you.

#328372 - 08/29/20 01:57 AM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: jgw]
CPWILL Offline

Conservatives have their own list. It says things like

"They say we are racist. We are not. We want all people to be treated equally, regardless of their skin color."

etc. The problem, of course, is that there are conservatives who don't, and left-wing media naturally picks up on and amplifies their voices. The problem for the left is the same. There ARE left wingers out there who hate America, who want open borders, who want to defund the police, etc.; and right-wing media naturally picks up on and amplifies their voices.

As a result, both sides end up with an exaggerated view of the other, believes that the other side holds more extreme positions than they actually do, and are more afraid of each other (which is exactly where our respective media's want us, as it keeps us glued to the screen, and exactly where our politicians want us, as it keeps us voting straight-party no matter how odious the person on the ticket).

#328380 - 08/29/20 04:05 AM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
If the majority of conservatives are not extremists, then it doesn't help for their leader to be an extremist and on TV and media every day making extremist proclamations. Like endorsing QANON believers and White Supremacists. If that was really the case, most Republicans would be supporting Conway's group instead of Trump.

#328393 - 08/29/20 05:08 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

OR they consider extremism to be normal and just the way it is. They, basically, simply do not understand the word in context with their own beliefs. Remember, they don't believe Trump lies, they believe every word!

They, in other words, consider liberals to be completely deluded. As far as Qanon is concerned, its dandy because their dear leader has accepted them everybody else should to!

By the way, the White Nationalists are coming out, now. They are 'helping' the police by supporting them (up to this point the slyly got into liberal marches to do their thing). There are more and more reports of this behavior. It also seems that the police are embracing their 'help'. This is, I think, the beginning of something REALLY BAD! Don't forget, there are thousands of them!

#328421 - 08/30/20 06:16 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Yesterday my wife and I were driving out of town. At the edge of town there were a bunch of kids waving signs and having a great time. this spot is the usual place for a variety of folks to vent. This one, however, was different. The oldest of the kids looked to be about 16 years old. The really interesting thing is that the signs were to stop child selling, against the deep state, against eating babies, etc. REALLY! It seems my town is supporting a group of young kids who actually believe in QANON! REALLY! I was taken aback and remain in that state. I have no idea at all about what we had seen. "Unbelievable" comes to mind.

Somehow a bunch of kids, all less that 17 years old are now QANON supporters. One can only wonder if the lack of school is helping in this one - I hope so. Now, to round it all out we need a group of local old people to do the same thing thereby squeezing any sense out of the middle.

I found it all very bizarre and just thought I would pass this one on.

#328428 - 08/30/20 06:38 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: CPWILL]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: CPWILL
Conservatives have their own list. It says things like

"They say we are racist. We are not. We want all people to be treated equally, regardless of their skin color."

Totally weird how racists hate being called racists. smile

#328429 - 08/30/20 06:39 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
If the majority of conservatives are not extremists, then it doesn't help for their leader to be an extremist and on TV and media every day making extremist proclamations. Like endorsing QANON believers and White Supremacists. If that was really the case, most Republicans would be supporting Conway's group instead of Trump.

Bow

#328452 - 08/31/20 05:50 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Almost every night we are entertained by the talking heads talking about how voters with problems don't like Trump, don't trust Trump but are thinking of voting for Trump because who knows ....

#328459 - 08/31/20 07:25 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
It's pretty weird: Even Trump fans know he lies all the time. They just think that's part of Trump's winning strategy. Of course, if he lies all the time, I can't see why they don't understand that he's lying about Biden and the Democrats being in league with Satan.

What ever happened to "The Prince of Lies" being evil? Well, I suppose only Christians will worship the AntiChrist, if he ever shows up.

#328472 - 09/01/20 06:50 PM Re: A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good! [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

According to the Washington Post Trump has now told 20,000 lies! https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...leading-claims/

I have often wondered now many of those lies are the opposite of lies previously told. That would be in line insofar as his gaslighting is concerned, which is is truly an expert at (gaslighting). There is a book called:
Gaslighting America: Why We Love It When Trump Lies to Us which covers his gaslighting in some detail. Written by a woman who was once a Republican. Its now an older book and for sale pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2