by CPWILL
09/20/20 07:42 AM
West Coast Burning
by NW Ponderer
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Bob Woodward's book details Trump's chaotic and dysfunctional White House
by Greger
09/19/20 06:57 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
09/18/20 05:18 AM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
09/17/20 08:17 AM
How the world sees U.S. and Trump
by jgw
09/16/20 09:01 PM
The Trump campaign is broke
by pdx rick
09/15/20 12:20 PM
Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
by Greger
09/13/20 09:33 PM
Covid Long Haulers
by jgw
09/07/20 06:23 PM
A post, on facebook, by my granddaughter that covers it all pretty good!
by pondering_it_all
09/02/20 07:27 PM
The Democratic Fight
by jgw
09/02/20 06:09 PM
voters who don't
by pondering_it_all
09/01/20 08:35 AM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16996 Topics
302899 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328468 - 09/01/20 08:27 AM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The Constitution says the loser in the election is no longer President on Inauguration day, and that the winner is. States run their own elections, and choose their own electors based on that election. If Trump has fewer electoral votes than Biden, everybody will know that.

Trump is not that popular with the Secret Service that they would betray their oaths to the constitution to keep him in power. He's also not very popular with the FBI or the Armed Forces.

Besides, they all know what happens to mutineers in the end.

This is not to say Trump's Moron Army won't march on Washington or try to assassinate Biden. But then they end up dead.

#328474 - 09/01/20 08:20 PM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: perotista]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Thanks for setting me straight. Your list, however, is a little odd. Here is one on the Democratic party site which is a bit different:
https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/docs/Res...5808.1584478680

I think we are talking about different things. Your list is who is working for Biden, I was referring to the Democratic party which, in theory, is the owner of the campaign master plan. (I think that is how it works - perhaps not)

I do know that Biden is going to have to start to call Trump on every speech and start forcing Trump to start answering him as well. If he doesn't do that Trump will bury him in lies as fast as he can and he is very good at this stuff. Biden should probably offer to be interviewed by Fox as well. The media (virtally ALL media), in its infinite wisdom, will give Trump complete coverage all the time. I don't think they will give Biden the same exposure so he will have to figure that one out as well. Basically, all the media bosses think that Trump is a real income producer.

#328475 - 09/01/20 10:05 PM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: jgw]
perotista Offline
journeyman

The DNC and the party can only advise Biden. He runs his own campaign. Yes, part of Hillary's problem is she let Trump own the media, the free media. Trump being so obnoxious and outrageous was always the top story, owned the top slot in any news reporting. Some estimates say Trump got over a billion dollars of free publicity while Hillary had to pay for hers.

Trump operated in 2016 like that old showman who believes there is no such thing as bad publicity. No publicity is bad. I would imagine he'll try the same this time around. But 2020 isn't 2016 and what worked four years ago may not work this time around. The people have had four years of Trump and his outrageous behavior.

It isn't new like it was in 2016. I don't think the news media knew how to cover that then. Today, I think Trump's childish antics, his throwing of temper tantrums, his name calling, his creating needless feuds are old hat. That they won't get the coverage they did in 2016. While it was news and very new in 2016, it's old hat this year, not newsworthy like it was four years ago, it's just Trump being Trump.

Time will tell, but I think Trump's obnoxious personality and his rude behavior is what will lead to his down fall. Biden, just act like an adult. Be someone who projects a return to normalcy and sanity. At least for now.
It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

#328476 - 09/02/20 12:05 AM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The Constitution says the loser in the election is no longer President on Inauguration day, and that the winner is.

But this president is ready and able to declare himself the winner with the complete support of his party and the Senate. The Democratically controlled house has been neutered and even denied the right to issue subpoenas.

Any complaints or protests will be met in the streets by armed Trump supporters both official and unofficial.

He can demand recounts and tie this up in the courts for years. The Supreme Court has a record of siding with Republicans in cases like this where there is confusion about the actual results.

He is the master of chaos.

#328479 - 09/02/20 03:36 AM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
That's a good reason why we need clear victories in enough states for Biden. Enough of a margin, and his supporters will know he has lost, despite all his BS.

#328486 - 09/02/20 06:00 PM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
We might "need" clear victories, but we aren't going to get them. We going to get a lot of close, contested races and a lot of mail in votes that may or may not be counted after winners are announced on election day.
Confusion will reign in November. Trump thrives on confusion and chaos.

He has no qualms about lying and cheating to get what he wants. Republicans will follow him down whatever dark path he chooses.

#328490 - 09/02/20 06:09 PM Re: The Democratic Fight [Re: perotista]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I sincerely hope you are right. They still continue to cover him but the coverage isn't as thorough. Same goes with his speeches, now they just cover the high points.

I can remember a time when, if a network gave one candidate time they also gave the other time. That is just gone (along with a lot of other things)

I also have some problem with Oregon. The White Nationalists managed to send a thousand+ car convoy into marching country.

Edited by jgw (09/02/20 06:14 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2