Current Topics
Disqualification Clause
by jgw
0 seconds ago
3 word story game
by TatumAH
11 minutes 15 seconds ago
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by logtroll
23 minutes 41 seconds ago
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:54 AM
Post-Election Mischief
by perotista
Today at 12:40 AM
Just got this from the nytimes - thought I would pass it on
by jgw
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
01/24/21 11:34 PM
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by jgw
01/24/21 08:03 PM
The Departed - 2020
by perotista
01/24/21 02:14 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
01/23/21 08:42 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
01/23/21 05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17060 Topics
305656 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#328657 - 09/09/20 12:14 PM Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Yesterday, TU 09/08/20, the DOJ Justice Department filed in court that the federal government will take-over defending Trump who in his official capacity as president when he accused columnist for Elle magazine, E Jean Carroll who wrote in a memoir that Trump raped her in a dressing room of a Manhattan department store in the mid-1990s, saying that Carroll is lying about a rape which Trump is alleged to have committed on Carroll,

This is an unprecedented move.

Robbie Kaplan, Carroll’s attorney, called the Justice Department’s argument “shocking” in a statement late Tuesday, saying it “offends me as a lawyer, and offends me even more as a citizen.”

Former federal prosecutor Elie Honig stated on CNN:

Quote:
“What Bill Barr and the DOJ and the president have decided is getting accused of rape, denying that rape, attacking the accuser, and getting sued, that’s just part of the job of being president,” he said. “And as a result, John, as you said, guess who’s picking up the tab? All of our viewers, you, Alisyn, me, this one’s on the taxpayers now.”

Trump is accused of raping E Jean Carroll prior to becoming president. it was while being president that Trump accused Carroll of being a liar and said he never raped her because she "was not his type." This is the gist of Carroll's suit against Trump.

Carroll has a dress that she has kept that she states has Trump's DNA on it. Carroll's legal team has sought a DNA sample from Trump. Trump has done judicial jujitsu in attempts to block having to produce DNA - because that's exactly what innocent men accused of rape do.

Trump has been using private attorneys to defend himself from Carroll's lawsuit and paying for the lawyers from his campaign's money. Now that Trump's campaign is broke, Barr is stepping-in to defend Trump and using the flimsy excuse that the Trump was acting in his official capacity as POTUS when he claimed that Carroll is a liar and that the Federal government cannot be sued for defamation.

#328659 - 09/09/20 02:21 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Quote:
It is not the job of the Department of Justice to represent the president in a civil case.

Especially not one accusing Trump of sexual assault prior to holding office.

But under Barr, the DOJ no longer represents the American people, or justice.

Trump finally got his Roy Cohn.

- Adam Schiff on Twitter

#328666 - 09/09/20 07:47 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Which does the guilty rapist choose?

1. Provide DNA to prove you are innocent; or
2. Illegally use the DOJ as your private law firm?

#TrumpIsARapist

gobsmacked

#328677 - 09/10/20 12:29 AM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
Irked Online   content
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
There is NO bottom.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

#328698 - 09/10/20 10:13 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Which does the guilty rapist choose?

He chooses paying her off to shut her up. But right now he just has to tie it up in the courts until a deal can be struck behind the scenes.

Because everybody has a price.

#328709 - 09/11/20 08:07 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
She might not have a price. This is about her reputation, not money. I don't think she would go for an NDA. But of course, people talking about Trump being a rapist is nothing new.

#328711 - 09/11/20 08:14 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I think it is clear AG Barr, at WH occupant's demand, started an investigation into the FBI predication of the Russia investigation, with the intent to provide a late campaign "surprise" of salacious accusations and innuendoes aimed at the Obama administration and FBI. A top prosecutorial aide to US Att Durham has resigned. She had apparently confided to acquaintances there has been political pressure being applied by AG Barr to produce an effective campaign tool prior to the Nov vote.

Just another example of how far Mr Trump has degraded America's image. May lead one to suspect we have seen the best days of the Founder's inspiration of a Republic .... and we have nothing left but 3rd rate banana republic reality shows

#328726 - 09/12/20 07:11 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
She might not have a price.

One Million in a Swiss bank account and your daughter gets to live.

Everybody has a price. You just need to find out what they want the most and who they love the most.

#328728 - 09/12/20 07:15 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: rporter314]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
there has been political pressure being applied by AG Barr to produce an effective campaign tool prior to the Nov vote.

An October surprise?

Trump might be full of surprises during October! An mostly none of it will be much of a surprise at all.

#328731 - 09/12/20 07:46 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Flies are coming off the open cesspit? Who could have known?

#328734 - 09/12/20 08:29 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
there has been political pressure being applied by AG Barr to produce an effective campaign tool prior to the Nov vote.

An October surprise?

Trump might be full of surprises during October! An mostly none of it will be much of a surprise at all.

The GOP "October surprise" is yet another reading of "Joe Biden, Eastern European Money Launderer," a one-act play by V. Putin.

Boring. smile

#328736 - 09/12/20 09:29 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

You don't think they might have any more tricks up their sleeves? That Trump and his cronies are out of ideas?

No no no, my friend, October is a long way off yet and many many news cycles will pass.

Trump is most certainly boorish, but he is never boring.

#328740 - 09/13/20 03:48 AM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
The October surprise is not so surprising ... as we already have advance copy.

1. US Att Durham is openly working on a report which will insinuate Pres Obama and others in his administration including the FBI actively were undermining Mr Trump. VP Biden will be one of the prime suspects.

2. Sen's Grassley and Johnson are actively colluding with Russian agents to write a report which implicates VP Biden in Ukrainian corruption.

And I thought it would be extremely difficult to turn a real American. Russia did it with the willing help of their Russian Candidate, who currently occupies the WH. Putin's mission will be completed with another 4 more years of Mr Trump.

In hindsight it all seems so easy. Perhaps the Temple of Democracy was nothing more than a Potemkin pipe dream fomented by 18th century idealists appropriated by the progenitors of 20th century totalitarian realism.

The candles which once flickered with hope are snuffed ... I await the droning knell of the bells which once rang freedom ... the once unfurled snap of the flag in the strong wind of democracy is now silently furled

#328754 - 09/13/20 09:33 PM Re: Barr is acting as ‘personal henchman’ of Trump [Re: rporter314]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
The candles which once flickered with hope are snuffed ... I await the droning knell of the bells which once rang freedom ... the once unfurled snap of the flag in the strong wind of democracy is now silently furled

Don't be such a Debbie Downer! Go to "settings" click on "highlight path to nearest current quest objective" then click "change".

No matter where you are, the blue sparkly path will be faintly illuminated at your feet. It will get brighter as you near your objective.

The worst that could actually happen would be for Trump to win re-election....but a silver lining can be found for even that scenario.

One amusing but very possible outcome in November might be a Trump re-election accompanied by a flipped senate! It could happen.

This game is far from over...and victory is always one battle away...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
3 registered (Irked, Greger, jgw), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2