by pondering_it_all
Today at 08:44 PM
Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet
by pdx rick
Today at 08:41 PM
Problems .....
by pondering_it_all
Today at 08:40 PM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by pondering_it_all
Today at 08:22 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
11/26/20 12:35 AM
A Lot Went Wrong for Democrats on Election Night
by jgw
11/25/20 09:49 PM
Election day 2020 thread
by chunkstyle
11/23/20 02:44 PM
Which parts of the Constitution have meaning, and which don't?
by logtroll
11/22/20 03:11 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
11/21/20 11:02 PM
Over 90,00 abuse claims against Boy Scouts
by Greger
11/18/20 08:50 PM
Gen. Barry Richard McCaffrey (ret.) sounds the alarm
by pdx rick
11/18/20 05:07 AM
The Vote Rule
by jgw
11/07/20 06:08 PM
Democratic Common Sense
by NW Ponderer
11/06/20 04:40 PM
How to deal with municipal forest fires
by jgw
11/04/20 06:40 PM
International reporting on the election
by Greger
11/03/20 02:03 AM
The new addition to the Supremes
by Greger
11/01/20 09:29 PM
The Portuguese Solution
by jgw
10/31/20 06:37 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
17026 Topics
304393 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#329815 - 10/28/20 06:22 PM Democratic Common Sense
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
This morning I heard talking heads and Democrats actually making sense! It was amazing! Something I would have never believed could even happen! The talking head said that the Democrats had objectively decided that they would put off any debates and arguments until AFTER they won the election! In addition to that they then put on AOC and she said, with some humor, that 'they' had decided to do exactly that. NO public arguments and fights until after the election!

That was freaking amazing! In addition to that they talked about being together and in agreement!

I thought this was certainly worth mentioning and hope they can keep it up. Maybe they won't screw it up! I consider this one to be REALLY good news!

#329835 - 10/29/20 07:44 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

And then, last night, I heard Bernie Sanders claiming that he, and the 'progressives' were entitled to virtually take over the Democratic party as soon as they win.

I knew it was too good to be a true!

#329847 - 10/30/20 05:29 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
"Progressives" are going pretty easy on old Joe leading up to the election. Once he wins we will surely hold his toes to the fire though. How else are you planning to achieve the Portugese solution?
Health care, living wages....etc.

Government will not just give you those things. They will have to be fought for and seized by force. So, yes, as soon as Joe is inaugurated "we" will continue to infiltrate and force the Democratic Party to change.

#329848 - 10/30/20 09:30 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
You have a decent chance to get some of those things you want with the Democrats running government. With Republicans, not a chance. A mighty big mess to clean up first, though.

#329856 - 10/31/20 04:43 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
You have a decent chance to get some of those things you want with the Democrats running government. With Republicans, not a chance. A mighty big mess to clean up first, though.

Absolutely! And Democrats have cleaned up messes before. Twelve years ago they were handed a mess much like the one we have now. Instead of a pandemic there were two wars raging...

#329857 - 10/31/20 06:29 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Really, it's the Democratic Mainstream that cares about the soldiers and veterans. Republicans may not all consider them "suckers and losers", but mostly just pawns who's loss and life after service are unimportant.

Consider the American With Disabilities Act of 1990, that meant so much for disabled vets: Introduced by a Democrat. 210 Democratic sponsors in the House. Just 40 Republicans. Passed by the Senate. (Biden and McCain voted for it).

#329861 - 10/31/20 07:11 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I would remind everybody that the Democrats have NEVER taken over, from a Republican administration without inheriting an economic disaster. This is one of the reasons I am coming to believe they just might pull it off this time too. This time, however, its my fond hope that the Dems never let anybody not remember what the Republicans have done. The mess that will be inherited may have been started by Covid-19 but the handling of that disaster has assured us that we will probably get to deal with that one a LOT longer than the rest of the world's industrialized nations.

The interesting part is that fixing Republican disasters always costs money - ALWAYS! This time its going to be a lot worse! We will inherit a national debt which will be twice as much as our total GDP! An unemployment disaster close to that of the great depression and a nation wherein close to half the population has no faith in government, no faith in fellow citizens, believe lies over fact, and are, seemingly determined to screw themselves over and then blame somebody else as responsibility also seems out of the window. I know, the Dems have been promising everything. If they actually fulfill any of their promises it will be a miracle. Hopefully we will remember that they will be inheriting a disaster and that its not all their fault. Hopefully they will remind everybody, every day, in every way, that is is a fact of life in America and ITS JUST NOT ALL THEIR FAULT!!

If nothing else, if the Dems do win then we will have a president that understands that he doesn't know everything and will actually try and hire people that can actually start to fix the incredible mess being gifted to us by the do-nothing, completely irresponsible, Trump Republicans. Oh, and I betcha those he does hire are not like the members of the incompetent criminal class currently being hired by Trump!

#329881 - 11/02/20 04:44 AM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
I betcha those he does hire are not like the members of the incompetent criminal class currently being hired by Trump!

It's arguable. But just by default almost anything Biden will do, will be better than anything Trump would do. Since Trump's people have been so terribly incompetent and criminal it's hard to imagine Joe doing a worse job.

#329884 - 11/02/20 01:55 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

Rubbish

Dems have been as damaging as any Republican on economic issues going back to Carter. Play all the graph games you want but the deregulatory consensus was started by Carter. Accelerated under Reagan.
Clinton passed a number of ‘acts’ that contributed to some awful outcomes such as accelerating consolidation in major industrial sectors that continues today. No friend to labor and loved him the idiotic austerity that has captivated so much of our venal representatives.
Finally. There’s one of the best hustles from Obama. Campaigning as a populist calling income inequality the defining challenge of our times in his 2008 campaign, he used the home owners as ‘foam’ to save the banks, engaged in criminal loan activity at the time, to keep them solvent and saved their annual bonuses ( remember that one? Anyone?) while millions were dispossessed of their homes and livelihoods. Something forgotten when talking about the tea party wave election that followed Obama into the mid terms.

I guess it would matter what your idea of a ‘good economy’ is. If you trundle down to the mail box to get your monthly investment statement then it’s a good economy, even now with massive unemployment and contraction.

If your working class that hasn’t seen wage gains in decades, this argument, of Dems vs. Republicans, on the handling of the economy is so much liberal noise.

Edited by chunkstyle (11/02/20 06:35 PM)

#329890 - 11/02/20 06:37 PM Re: Democratic Common Sense [Re: chunkstyle]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

So, apparently, the Democrats are taking over a mess that THEY created? You have a great imagination! Good for you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2