Current Topics
3 word story game
by TatumAH
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by pdx rick
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by TatumAH
10:00 PM
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
08:47 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
08:42 PM
Post-Election Mischief
by pondering_it_all
08:36 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
08:14 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Favorite examples of why there is no difference between Reep and Dem politics
by chunkstyle
01/13/21 04:12 AM
Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet
by Greger
01/11/21 07:06 PM
Let's have "unity" and "move-on" - GOP'ers
by jgw
01/11/21 07:05 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17058 Topics
305585 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330443 - 11/25/20 05:20 PM Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
“The Biden team made a really genuine effort to reach out to the left on a whole range of issues, including on foreign policy,” Matt Duss, who serves as foreign policy adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), told The Daily Beast in an interview. “They understood this helped them to win and now I think they understand that it can help them govern.”

Top progressives close to Sanders and others in the party’s left flank, as they tell it, are not praising Biden’s first personnel installments because they expect them to enact grassroots-oriented changes in the way Sanders would hope to. By nature of being closely aligned with Biden, they are largely institutionalists, too.

- The Daily Beast

Your mileage may vary. coffee

#330445 - 11/25/20 08:44 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
He does have to be the President for those other 70 million voters too. Unlike some Presidents whose name I forget.

#330447 - 11/25/20 09:23 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
He does have to be the President for those other 70 million voters too. Unlike some Presidents whose name I forget.

The 70 million that the orange clown told them to consider Joe's presidency as illegitimate? Ok... Hmm

#330451 - 11/25/20 09:58 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I watched a political show, last night (forget what it was). Their point was that the Dems are, right now, having at each other with a will. Apparently Birney is preaching to his choir and stirring things up a bit. My hope that this wouldn't happen and they would all get together, sing kumbyia, and get things done rather than talk stuff to death, search out the traitors and expel them all, make sure everybody has done the "right thing" since the age of 8, praise each other for their common capacity for kindness and charity whilst fighting like hell.

Just saying..............

#330453 - 11/25/20 11:34 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
What "the orange clown told" them is irrelevant. Everything he says is a lie anyway.

#330485 - 11/27/20 08:04 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
the problem is that he believes he is right. He has been in office almost 4 years. During that time he continued to fire anybody who disagreed with him so, now, NOBODY does that. He has forgotten why they all agree and only recognize they do agree. In other words has has been told, for more than a year, that he is wonderful, admired and supported by everybody, and is doing a great job - and he believes every word.

I know, its not right and he needs help but he is not gonna get it and he is going to keep up his whining forever. My suspicion that, eventually, this is going to be very thing that takes him down. This kind of repetition is exact what takes down series. It reduces to; "seen that before, I wish he would move on" (and he's not gonna!)

(hopefully)

#330487 - 11/28/20 12:02 AM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
I imagine that Hitler was told he was winning the war right up to the end...when he wasn't winning it at all.

He refused to concede too.

#330488 - 11/28/20 12:15 AM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: Greger]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet

I haven't paid a lot of attention. From what I hear it's exactly the sort of picks I would expect Biden to make.

And that's exactly how I expect the entire Biden administration to play out.

#330492 - 11/28/20 08:00 AM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

I went over to Foreign Policy Magazine tonight tp peruse around. I haven't been to FP for a while, and definitely before the election, mainly to get their temperate on Trump's unhinged craziness.

Hardly anything about Trump at all, mostly positive Joe Biden articles. One article I found insteresting was titled, The Team Obama Always Wanted. It's an interesting read and well worth the time you take to read it.

smile

#330494 - 11/28/20 02:14 PM Re: Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet [Re: pdx rick]
chunkstyle Offline
enthusiast

I guess it all depends on what ‘progressive’ means. If your fixated on the genitalia if your politician and less on their policies, I guess that’s a form of progress but if your interested in policy, maybe not.
If you like the expansion of war and enhanced security state you will be pleased with Biden’s cabinet. Nit my idea of progress but your mileage may vary.
I’m sure there is plenty of liberal gaslighting of what we’re getting by publishing opinions, fully formed, but I’d look to what these cabinet picks have pushed in the past go form my own opinion.
Field organizing in Michigan and Wisconsin was one example of what saved the Dem party candidate, there’s is no cross class solidarity with neoliberals and I’ll be surprised that they reward those efforts with any left appointments. Haven’t seen it yet.
If Obama and his surrogates worked half as hard protecting homeowners as they’re doing to protect his ‘legacy’ I think we’d be living in a much different political reality today. To bad he turned out to be a black Mitt Romney.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2