Current Topics
3 word story game
by logtroll
29 minutes 37 seconds ago
RoundTable at the End of the Trump Regime!
by pdx rick
Today at 01:20 AM
Profile of a Trump Supporter
by TatumAH
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Another reason for impeachment
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:47 PM
We have had problems before (and a bit of humor)
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:42 PM
Post-Election Mischief
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:14 PM
The Trump Era's silver lining
by Greger
Yesterday at 05:19 PM
The insurrectionist next door
by jgw
01/22/21 07:05 PM
An amusement - no politics!
by TatumAH
01/22/21 07:00 PM
An alternate to Impeachment
by perotista
01/20/21 10:52 PM
A Parler archive converted into an interactive map of the Capitol attack
by pdx rick
01/20/21 09:54 PM
Radicalized Rightwinger with 500 ammo rounds and fake Inaugural pass arrested
by Irked
01/18/21 02:50 AM
Bees do it better!
by jgw
01/15/21 09:35 PM
The coming crash
by pondering_it_all
01/14/21 10:33 PM
Unity and Healing
by jgw
01/14/21 07:23 PM
Whither Josh Hawley?
by perotista
01/13/21 07:13 PM
Favorite examples of why there is no difference between Reep and Dem politics
by chunkstyle
01/13/21 04:12 AM
Progressives Can’t Find Anyone in Biden's Cabinet to Be Mad About—Yet
by Greger
01/11/21 07:06 PM
Let's have "unity" and "move-on" - GOP'ers
by jgw
01/11/21 07:05 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
61 Forums
17058 Topics
305586 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#330426 - 11/24/20 07:34 PM The Support Rule
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
There is a rule. The rule is; "Politicians and Gods need others to exist and support". This means, basically, that Gods and Politicians need supporters or they just go away.

This is interesting. Trump, for instance, our National Jackass, exists because of his corps of True Believers. Without them he is nothing. Same with gods. I remember talking to a Wicca guy of some renown (forget his name). He pointed to the rule and then said; "If you want something from a god try one that has few followers, he/she will be more grateful for your support". I wonder if that might apply to politicians too?

#330438 - 11/25/20 01:12 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Originally Posted By: jgw
I remember talking to a Wicca guy of some renown (forget his name). He pointed to the rule and then said; "If you want something from a god try one that has few followers, he/she will be more grateful for your support".

I think that was Greger...

I ran across basically the same claim made by a cult expert recently (I think I posted a link to it a few weeks ago). The question with Trump is if he can maintain that relationship with his wigged out Zombie Horde without the bully pulpit of the Presidency. It seems possible, what with the efficiency and pervasiveness of social media - but we won’t know for some time. SM platforms may be lacking the ‘presence’ of news video and press conferences where Fearless Leader can be seen vanquishing the enemy, though.

#330442 - 11/25/20 02:41 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: logtroll]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos

#330446 - 11/25/20 09:00 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
It will probably get a lot better when people get vaccinated and can get back to work. I bet a lot of Q believers just have too much time on their hands doing nothing. Q is their entertainment!

Just imagine, no more watching political or Covid-related YouTube videos: I would have a lot more time for projects on the ranch.

#330448 - 11/25/20 09:27 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

i think you may have hit on it - "time on their hands" (what to do, what to do). Hopefully Biden will do something about jobs as there is going to be a mess if he doesn't. I posted my hope for jobs was expressed several weeks ago. It save us during the great depression and we are going to need it again. Not only that but there is a LOT to get done given that our infrastructure is disaster, highways are failing, etc. Right now folks know only one thing. They have no job, there are no jobs, and they are well and truly screwed.

#330469 - 11/26/20 08:15 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I also think that providing jobs, and paying for the work, is a lot better, and healthier, than just throwing money at them. The Chinese, incidentally, do this all the time. This is how they started their new silk road initiative which is now one of the major routes for trade in that part of the world. Its also interesting that these kinds of things always tend to pay for themselves over time. After WWII Eisenhower did the our
interstate highway system and that too paid for itself (and hired a lot of unemployed from the war)

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/china-new-silk-road-explainer/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System

#330471 - 11/26/20 08:32 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

There is actually a huge service sector that could hire the vaccinated six weeks after they get their first shot. Pre-covid, a lot of our economy was in this sector, and it will be again. Imagine the first few restaurants in town for the vaccinated, with all vaccinated staff. The places would have people lined up down the street! I'm pretty sure the economy is going to come roaring back in 2021.

#330484 - 11/27/20 07:55 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

I think we will be dealing with which came first, the chicken or the egg. There will be a lot of folks that would like to goto that restaurant but don't have a dime to their name. The whole thing is going to need a kick starter. I have to assume that the Biden administration is well aware of this and has, or will, work something out with congress. If they don't the results are not going to be pretty.

#330503 - 11/28/20 08:44 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
folks that would like to go to that restaurant but don't have a dime to their name

When has that ever stopped Americans? Obviously, they just have to get a new credit card!

#330514 - 11/29/20 07:52 PM Re: The Support Rule [Re: pondering_it_all]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Credit too ends after a while. The whole credit card thing is interesting. I used to buy credit card debt and collect on it. It was interesting. I bought the debt for about ten cents on the dollar. in about 80% of the cases the debtor was never connected by the debt owner so all I had to do was ask for the money and it appeared! Bill collection was one of the best businesses I have ever been involved in. My company ran a pretty simple thing. If we had a valid debt we sued. The computer did all the paperwork. The costs were minimal (at the time) and the debt had to be large enough to pay the freight. The filing cost was minimal as was the service (to tell the debtor they had been sued). We normally first contacted the debtor to explain they owed the money and we would sue them. That was it. We NEVER harrassed a debtor! Didn't have to!

My point is that (at least then) the credit card companies never even bothered to collect on their own debts!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2